Author Topic: Wow America  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Wow America
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »

According to  wiki..
Ben-Ari's November 2009 United States visa application was denied on the grounds of his arrest during anti-disengagement protests in 2005[21] and his support for Kahanist ideology.

If our Rabbi was alive today he would prob not be able to make his us speaches like he used to either

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: Wow America
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:17 AM »
On the bright side,    while giving out anti-Obama leaflets ( regarding his horrific record on Israel ) at the Israel Day Parade yesterday,    I noticed a number of groups which were giving out information promoting the teachings of Rabbi Kahane.     A couple of them were familiar with Chaim/  JTF.    I mentioned to them the efforts of Chaim and JTF for the Jews in Judea and Samaria.     It was very encouraging to see many followers of the late and great Rabbi.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
On the bright side,    while giving out anti-Obama leaflets ( regarding his horrific record on Israel ) at the Israel Day Parade yesterday,    I noticed a number of groups which were giving out information promoting the teachings of Rabbi Kahane.     A couple of them were familiar with Chaim/  JTF.    I mentioned to them the efforts of Chaim and JTF for the Jews in Judea and Samaria.     It was very encouraging to see many followers of the late and great Rabbi.

Who were these guys?  What movements did they belong to?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
Who were these guys?  What movements did they belong to?

One of the groups gave me an 81 page book called,  '  1933-1990 Rabbi Kahane Speaks...From the pen of Rabbi Meir Kahane classic quotes & photos'.      The book was copyrighted in 2001.    A website called www. Kahane.org is listed throughout the book.      I'm reluctant to go to the website because I recall someone mentioned on the JTF Forum that a similar named website had a virus on it.      There's a phone number in the 718 area code listed on many pages in the book,  next to the website.  

There was a person who was familiar with Chaim,  including his English name,   who was from Long Island City.    He didn't mention any organization.    This man had good positions on the issues I discussed with him.    He was very aware of the dangers of Barack Hussein Obama and the self-hating Jews.  

In addition,    B'nai Elim had representation at the Parade and Concert.    I didn't speak to anyone from that organization because of some of the commentary Chaim provided about them.      

On a related note,    at both the Pro Peter King rally and the Pro Israel Rally  ( both in March )  in Manhattan,   there was someone from an organization called JDO giving out information.       If I recall correctly,   Chaim mentioned that this was in essence a one person organization.      Yesterday,   I didn't notice JDO.    Having said that,   I was very focused on giving out the leaflets with the anti-Obama information that I also gave out in Washington DC 15 days ago.  
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »
I googled for that book and found it here:

http://www.antiqbook.com/books/viewcat.phtml?o=balt&c=Judaism&sf=&alpha=K

KAHANE, MEIR  Rabbi Kahane Speaks: 1933-1990
2001. Softcover. Illustrated with photos, this 81 page book has important quotes and summaries on Jewish affairs - 21 chapters. New with mild shelf wear to to outer wraps. Near Fine .
USD 15.00 [Appr.: EURO 10.5 | £UK 9.25 | JP¥ 1210] Book number: 15153
    Click here to order or inquire at Bookshop Baltimore.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:57:45 PM »
That's indeed the book.   

Interestingly,  Chabad also had a major presence at the 2011 Israel Day Parade.      Someone gave me a card ( the size of a baseball card )  with a picture of the late Rebbe on it.     It has a prayer in Hebrew on the back.       At least two members of Chabad offered to put Tefillin on people.     

On the downside,  Neturei Karta once again was present at an event.     

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:20 AM »
That's indeed the book.   

Interestingly,  Chabad also had a major presence at the 2011 Israel Day Parade.      Someone gave me a card ( the size of a baseball card )  with a picture of the late Rebbe on it.     It has a prayer in Hebrew on the back.       At least two members of Chabad offered to put Tefillin on people.     

On the downside,  Neturei Karta once again was present at an event.     

CHABAD  - YAY!
NK         - BOOO
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:49:41 AM »
Quote from: eb22

I'm reluctant to go to the website because I recall someone mentioned on the JTF Forum that a similar named website had a virus on it.      

Pardon my ignorance, but can a computer get infected with a virus simply by going to a website?  Just the act of going to a website can infect your computer, even if you never download anything? 

Thank you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:15:48 AM »
Pardon my ignorance, but can a computer get infected with a virus simply by going to a website?  Just the act of going to a website can infect your computer, even if you never download anything? 

Thank you.

Well it depends on how the virus is spread. In most cases you are correct that you can only get infected if you execute an attachment...

But today there is Flash and Javascript which execute when you load pages. Some people disable scripts if they are worried about getting infected.

But in most cases it is safe to browse the web. I use Linux and I have never gotten a virus. But it is best to run a virus scanner on your Windows system.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 03:44:18 AM »
Thanks.

And how would I disable scripts?

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 03:57:52 AM »
CHABAD  - YAY!
NK         - BOOO LOL
+1

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 04:08:46 AM »
Thanks.

And how would I disable scripts?

Well, it depends on which browser you run. In Firefox {which is what I run} it is in the 'Preferences' {on the Edit Menu} the Content Pane, there is "Enable Javascript"... If that is disabled then your javascript will not run...

In order to disable Flash you may have to uninstall it... But Flash is used by a lot of sites and I would think twice before removing it...

Here is an article from ten years ago which discuss the Flash virus..

http://news.cnet.com/2100-1023-803829.html

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »
Thanks again.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
Muman, stop scaring people. That article is from January 8, 2002.

If you think you have old version of software in Firefox, you can go here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/

And it will upgrade you.

And if you are really that concerned with Flash, simply use this addon for Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flashblock/

It will let you view flash, but only when you allow it. As long as you have the latest version of Flash, there's not much to be worried about. Plus any good antivirus will help protect you.

And if you are that worried about Javascript and you surf around where maybe you shouldn't, then here's the addon for you:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/

For more links, see this topic:

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,54937.0.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:17:35 PM by Shlomo »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim