Author Topic: Defaulting on student? Your under arrest!  (Read 696 times)

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
Defaulting on student? Your under arrest!
« on: June 08, 2011, 12:54:21 PM »
US DEPT of Ed is now enacting arrest powers. Read story at the national examiner.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made
Re: Defaulting on student? Your under arrest!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 12:56:50 PM »
Defaulting on student loan is now a criminal act.
Remember there has to be strong silent men on the walls at night to protect the people. Be Strong but not aggressive. Be Peaceful but not weak. Defend the Jewish People at all cost.

Offline KansasJew

• Senior JTFer
  • JTF Logo I made

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 01:12:35 PM »
I have no problem with this.  You don't borrow what you can't pay back
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 01:57:11 PM »
I have no problem with this.  You don't borrow what you can't pay back

Better pay all your loans then and make sure that the banks records are up to date, because if some idiot makes a mistake then you can expect a SWAT team at your house!!! http://michellemalkin.com/2011/06/08/dept-of-education/

You know it will cost more for the TAXPAYERS to arrest and jail someone then for the Banks to do their job and only give loans to responsible people!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 03:17:45 PM »
You don't see anything at all scary about this? How many other debts can you get arrested for? Is this 2011 or 1711?

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:35:41 AM »
so let me get this straight,

You get student loans
There are no jobs because the US economy is falling
Course of action
The US takes educated student and puts them in jail
The US the people in this dump economy pay
Student comes out  as an ex con, good luck using that masters phd or MD ( I know many real DRs having problems as well as other graduate degrees)
School still does not get paid
The government gets in even more debt
Got it ,
Smart  

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:43:41 AM by Chai »

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
discouraging getting an education

very very smart idea

chai said it better

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »
I think this story is being misrepresented in the media. From what I understand the person who was visited by a SWAT team was under investigation for FRAUD and it had nothing to do with Student Loans....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/09/unpaid-student-loan-raid-claim-refuted-as-feds-target-california-couple-in/

'Unpaid Student Loan' Raid Claim Refuted as Feds Target California Couple in Fraud Probe

A California man who initially claimed to a local television station that he was roughed up by "SWAT team" members who allegedly battered down his front door to execute a search warrant related to his estranged wife's unpaid student loans was targeted due to an ongoing probe into alleged financial aid fraud.

Local law enforcement officials have thus far not commented on the Stockton man's claim to ABC News 10/KXTV that he was grabbed by the neck and placed in handcuffs in back of a patrol car for six hours as his three children looked on during execution of the search warrant on Tuesday.

Public information officers for the Stockton Police Department and the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office did not return multiple messages seeking comment in connection to reports of the raid at a Jonathen Street residence occupied by Kenneth Wright, his estranged wife and three children.

In a statement to FoxNews.com, Education Department Press Secretary Justin Hamilton confirmed that its Office of Inspector General executed the warrant with the presence of local law enforcement authorities.

"While it was reported in local media that the search was related to a defaulted student loan, that is incorrect," the statement read. "This is related to a criminal investigation. The Inspector General's Office does not execute search warrants for late loan payments."

Hamilton declined to comment on the specifics of the case, citing an ongoing investigation.

"We can say that the OIG's office conducts about 30-35 search warrants a year on issues such as bribery, fraud, and embezzlement of federal student aid funds," the statement continued.

Hamilton referred all further inquiries to DOE's Office of Inspector General. Catherine Grant, OIG's spokeswoman, declined to provide a copy of the warrant served on Tuesday.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14