Author Topic: 4 Afro Americans gang raped chabad girl for 8yrs  (Read 2521 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
4 Afro Americans gang raped chabad girl for 8yrs
« on: July 02, 2011, 08:15:29 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/06/30/2011-06-30_four_thugs_nabbed_in_eightyear_rape_saga_of_brooklyn_woman.html   

A Brooklyn girl was robbed of her teenage years by a gang of creeps who repeatedly raped her, beat her and pimped her out, prosecutors said Wednesday.

But the brave teen - who was brutalized for eight years starting at 13 - still managed to finish school, enroll in college and gather the strength to report the horrific abuse.

"It's hard to imagine something more terrible than this," said her college professor, a former prosecutor and the first person the victim confided with.

The Orthodox Jewish girl from Crown Heights was first raped in a park by Damien Crooks, 31, and Jamali Brockett, 27, in 2003, according to court records. Jawara Brockett, 33, joined them in raping the teen in 2007, and Darrell Dula, 24, did the same in 2010 after she refused to help Crooks recruit other girls for prostitution, prosecutors said.

All four have been arrested and were charged Wednesday.

Until recently, the suspects continually threatened to harm her family if she reported them. When she was forced to have sex with strangers, they kept all the money.

Crooks "even sold her on the street for $20 to a passerby," said Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes.

She decided to come forward after Crooks told her he'll do the same things to her younger sister, prosecutors said.

Despite this horrid ordeal, the victim managed to pull through and seek a degree in criminal justice.

"She did a great job segregating whatever happened in her life," said the college professor. "She's incredibly smart."

Crooks, who has 37 prior arrests and six convictions, was ordered held on a $1 million bail by Brooklyn Supreme Court Justice Joseph McKay.

"The recitation of what he's charged with is frightening. Very very frightening," the judge said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/06/30/2011-06-30_four_thugs_nabbed_in_eightyear_rape_saga_of_brooklyn_woman.html#ixzz1QwvuEZ00
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: 4 Afro Americans gang raped chabad girl for 8yrs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 09:27:36 AM »
Something is wrong with this picture... I can see the initial kidnapping and rape situation but why in the world did this girl stay trapped in this situation for so long? This animal Crooks should be strung up from his private parts however I am confused as to why the girl went on with this for so long... At 13 this young girl might have brought some of this on herself by hanging out in the wrong places.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 09:32:40 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/nyregion/woman-in-brooklyn-rape-case-confided-in-professor.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=Brooklyn%20rape&st=cse     

Student’s Shocking Revelation to a Professor
By LIZ ROBBINS
Published: June 30, 2011

Jeffrey T. Kern had been impressed with the quiet young woman from Brooklyn, a businesslike student who always sat in the back of his class on courtroom communication at John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
Enlarge This Image
Robert Stolarik for The New York Times

Helen Ellington, grandmother of Damien Crooks, one of four men charged in a Brooklyn rape case, and Mr. Crooks's brother Joel Crooks discussed the charges on Thursday.

She was, Mr. Kern said on Thursday, “a little bit above the fray, and when she did speak, it carried more weight.”

One day after class, the student spoke to Mr. Kern, a former prosecutor with the Brooklyn district attorney’s office, and told him something shocking. She revealed some details of what she said had happened to her repeatedly since she was 13: she had been raped near where she lived in Crown Heights, and forced into prostitution.

Over a series of conversations, the woman confided in her professor, a no-nonsense trial lawyer with a buzz cut and a sensitive ear who taught the art of persuasion. Mr. Kern, an adjunct professor at John Jay since 1994, carefully suggested that she speak to the authorities; he knew she was reluctant out of fear for her safety and that of her family.

He impressed upon her the need to take care of herself before looking after others, referring to the psychologist Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.

The woman immediately nodded and said, of course, she knew all about Maslow.

“She is real bright,” Mr. Kern said. “She is wise beyond her years.”

On Wednesday, more than 18 months after that initial 90-minute conversation, the Brooklyn district attorney, Charles J. Hynes, announced the indictment of four men in a case that prosecutors say had been going on for nearly a decade.

The authorities charged Damien Crooks, 31, with four counts of rape and two counts of sex trafficking. Jamali Brockett, 27, was charged with rape and compelling prostitution. His brother, Jawara Brockett, 33, and a fourth defendant, Darrell Dula, 24, were charged with rape.

Bail was set at $1 million for Mr. Crooks, who has eight prior convictions going back to 1996 and served 18 months for attempted criminal possession of a weapon in 2000. Bail for Mr. Dula was set at $50,000. The Brocketts are in federal custody in connection with another case.

In Crown Heights, neighbors of the defendants said they had often seen the woman in the area, at times with Mr. Crooks, at times with other people and at times on her own.

“I thought she had a lot of love for everybody, especially Damien,” said Brittny Ellington, 21, a niece of Mr. Crooks.

A brother of Mr. Crooks, Joel Crooks, 35, said police officers arrested him on Tuesday and then realized he was not Damien. Mr. Crooks said that he and other family members persuaded his brother to turn himself in. “He’s getting railroaded right now,” Mr. Crooks said, adding that he did not believe his brother was guilty of the charges.

The woman was under the age of consent while some of the reported sexual contact was occurring. Mr. Kern, her professor, said she was “fully integrated” into Damien Crooks’s life. “And that’s the problem,” he added, saying that breaking away from his influence was hard for her.

The indictment charges that Mr. Crooks and Jamali Brockett first met the woman in 2003, when she was 13, and they both raped her in a neighborhood park. The two then began forcing her to have sex for money; they beat her, raped her and intimidated her, the indictment says.

Prosecutors said on Wednesday that about a year and a half ago, the attackers threatened to harm a member of her family if she went to the police. It was around that time that she began opening up to Mr. Kern.

“I was thinking at the time that her ultimate salvation would not be in some courtroom at 320 Jay Street, but it would be in getting out from underneath his spell,” he said, referring to Mr. Crooks.

Mr. Kern said he spoke several times on his own to the police and the district attorney’s office and helped her understand the criminal justice system to make her feel more comfortable to approach the authorities herself. He said he did not know whether her personal experience had influenced her decision to attend a criminal justice college.

Mr. Kern, 49, who is special counsel at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton in its white-collar and business trial practices, called the indictment “a watershed moment,” but cautioned that in the case, the “hard work is still to come.”

Colin Moynihan contributed reporting.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »
It's a sad situation... It just is remarkable that she went along with the situation for so long... I would expect this from a person of simpler mentality but here they claim she was educated to some extent... The men will do time for the crimes but I am sure when all is said and done the sentences will be minimal.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
It's a sad situation... It just is remarkable that she went along with the situation for so long... I would expect this from a person of simpler mentality but here they claim she was educated to some extent... The men will do time for the crimes but I am sure when all is said and done the sentences will be minimal.
True criminals like this a woman should go to the Police or Family

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
Something is wrong with this picture... I can see the initial kidnapping and rape situation but why in the world did this girl stay trapped in this situation for so long? This animal Crooks should be strung up from his private parts however I am confused as to why the girl went on with this for so long... At 13 this young girl might have brought some of this on herself by hanging out in the wrong places.
I don't understand it either, but I can't blame the girl.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 03:04:17 PM »

Must be Stockholm syndrome. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:48:53 PM »
Yes, the inordinate delay must have been due to the Stockholm syndrome, but it may not absolve or dilute the crime. Rather it may tighten the noose around the necks of the criminals who had been additionally guilty of exploiting a minor girl for so long.

Execution....
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:45 AM »
And the ACLU will laud the four creeps as civil rights heroes.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 08:35:30 AM »
Terrible story. I have heard of similar cases in the Netherlands. In Europe it is called the "Loverboy" problem.

Althrough the whole story raises lots of questions. I.e. why did her family noticed nothing over 8 years?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani