Author Topic: See & Say Only Good Things At the Temple Institute  (Read 400 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
See & Say Only Good Things At the Temple Institute
« on: July 15, 2011, 12:57:27 AM »
I think some of these images are so beautiful. It just makes me want to make aliyah sooner, and I'm sure that was the intention of the Temple Institute...

I love Rabbi Richman and his associates. I just contacted Yitzach Reuven who assists Rabbi Richman with his radio show 'Temple Talk' on Israel National News.

http://www.templeinstitute.org/see-and-say.htm

The Month of Tammuz: Tammuz: See and Say Only Good Things about the Land of Israel

The ill-fated spies, (Numbers 13:1) sent by Moses to spy out the land of Israel and report back to the nation on what they saw, left the desert encampment on the final day of the month of Sivan. They spent the entire month of Tammuz in the land of Israel and returned to the desert encampment on the ninth day of the following month of Av. They spent a total of forty days in the land of Israel, and as a price for the ill words they spoke of her, the entire nation was to spend forty years in their desert exile. The 9th of Av, the day they delivered their evil report, was to become a day of mourning for all generations. It is the day that the first and second Holy Temples were destroyed.

It is our responsibility to reverse the opprobrium thus assigned to the month of Tammuz by being certain to see and to say only good things about the land of Israel each and every day of the month. Therefore, every day of the month of Tammuz we will be posting positive words and pictures of the land of Israel. Your positive words are welcome and can be posted on our Facebook page!

(photo by Romi Yisraeli via the PikiWiki - Israel free image collection project)

Behold, HaShem, your G-d, has set the land before you; go up and possess it, as HaShem,
G-d of your fathers has spoken to you; you shall neither fear nor be dismayed.

Deuteronomy 1:21

(photo by Almog)

A song of ascents of David. Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brothers also to dwell together!
As the good oil on the head runs down upon the beard, the beard of Aaron, which runs down on the mouth of his garments.
As the dew of Hermon which runs down on the mountains of Zion, for there the Lord commanded the blessing, life forever.

Psalms 133

(photo by orenshatz of the Beit Govrin caves)

He founded the earth on its foundations that it not falter to eternity.

Psalms 104:8
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14