Author Topic: tens of thousands of jews rally in tel aviv for affortable housing  (Read 559 times)

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=230655

Im woundering to know what is the jewish concept that can be applied today for owning property, and also whats the kahanist alternative to this crisis?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: tens of thousands of jews rally in tel aviv for affortable housing
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 07:13:54 AM »
I don't understand what the people are looking for here? What are they looking for state run housing projects, rent control? Whatever happened to the concept of people living where they can afford to live... Don't people understand that in order for the government to give something out like this they must get it from someone else? I could see the government doing this for the old and disabled but it seems like its young able people looking or handouts like this.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 12:53:10 PM »
I don't know but to me it seems like there just isn't enough housing in Israel, it seems like supply and demand is a little out of control.  There are too many people wanting housing and no where near enough.
I don't know for sure, is there anyone from Israel on here to explain this?  Thank you.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »
The mob was yelling "We want social justice". That tells you they want to state to pay for their homes.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 03:54:50 PM »
I don't know but to me it seems like there just isn't enough housing in Israel, it seems like supply and demand is a little out of control.  There are too many people wanting housing and no where near enough.
I don't know for sure, is there anyone from Israel on here to explain this?  Thank you.

I agree with what you said completely. I want to know an israeli perspective on this crisis from our forums

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:04:24 PM »
The mob was yelling "We want social justice". That tells you they want to state to pay for their homes.
Yes they want social justice but what gives them the idea that social justice includes subsidized housing in Tel Aviv... Possibly the government should do something for the people requesting housing assistance... They should give them subsidized housing out in the settlements to build up the Jewish presence there... If they are not willing to accept that they should be left to deal with their housing situation on their own... Beggars can't be choosers as the old saying goes.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »
they can find affordable housing just 9 miles to the east