Author Topic: I was wrong  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I was wrong
« on: July 24, 2011, 07:27:03 AM »
I used to say healthy food tasted horrible but I recently started trying to eat healthy and believe it or not after a couple of months doing this I actually like the way it tastes and have lost about 15 lbs. So I guess this isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  :::D

Now if only the tap water didn't taste like bleach!  :P

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: I was wrong
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:06:53 AM »
I used to say healthy food tasted horrible but I recently started trying to eat healthy and believe it or not after a couple of months doing this I actually like the way it tastes and have lost about 15 lbs. So I guess this isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  :::D

Now if only the tap water didn't taste like bleach!  :P
Nothing bad about eating healthy foods however I see some cases where people limit themselves past a point where eating becomes just a function and nothing more... For me personally food has to taste good and I want to enjoy eating it...  I don't want to look at my dinner plate each night and wish something else was sitting on it... Some of the foods people claim healthy just don't appeal to me... For me personally moderation has always worked well however I am sure I have must have eaten a stock yard full of cattle over the years... It sounds like you have adjusted well to the new way of eating what did you change that made such a difference?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »
Nothing bad about eating healthy foods however I see some cases where people limit themselves past a point where eating becomes just a function and nothing more... For me personally food has to taste good and I want to enjoy eating it...  I don't want to look at my dinner plate each night and wish something else was sitting on it... Some of the foods people claim healthy just don't appeal to me... For me personally moderation has always worked well however I am sure I have must have eaten a stock yard full of cattle over the years... It sounds like you have adjusted well to the new way of eating what did you change that made such a difference?

I just started eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, and getting lower fat versions of other things, mostly fruits and vegetables though. I still eat some unhealthy stuff but see I was mainly trying to limit my calories and I found out I can eat a whole lot more of say, carrots, than I can eat of something more calorie dense, and it just so happens the low cal, high volume foods are vegetables. I sat there and ate a half head of lettuce one day and wasn't hungry for hours and the cals were negligible.  ;D

I also have a big plate of fresh raw fruit every day which is good and I usually eat a can of tuna or something so there's some protein with it.

Offline lines

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 09:16:54 AM »
Try fiji water if you dont like it out of the tap, some say fluoride in the water is no good

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
Try fiji water if you dont like it out of the tap, some say fluoride in the water is no good

I like distilled water sometimes. To me that tastes the best of all. I also like the Kroger brand drinking water. It doesn't have any kind of nasty mineral taste like a lot of other bottled waters do. I also discovered this stuff called Mio which supposedly has 0 calories but I log it as 3. It makes the water taste better.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
I am happy to hear you are living a healthier life. 
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 10:49:35 AM »
Good for you, Rubystars!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
Fruits and vegetables are the best.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 11:29:28 AM »
I am happy to hear you are living a healthier life. 

Thank you!

Good for you, Rubystars!

Fruits and vegetables are the best.

Yeah I'm trying turnips for the first time today and they're suprisingly good. I boiled a couple of them cubed up with half a potato.  :)

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »
Sounds good but remember you do need to eat other things to get the proteins your body needs.
Do you take vitamins?
Sometimes maybe you can eat a lot of veggies before a piece of meat where you won't have to eat as much meat because you are full from the veggies.
Morningstar Farms makes some good veggie stuff.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »
Sounds good but remember you do need to eat other things to get the proteins your body needs.
Do you take vitamins?
Sometimes maybe you can eat a lot of veggies before a piece of meat where you won't have to eat as much meat because you are full from the veggies.
Morningstar Farms makes some good veggie stuff.

Thanks, I eat some meat too. :)

This might not be the healthiest thing but compared to what I was eating before it's healthy, sometimes I eat those Oscar Meyer 98% fat free hot dogs. They don't have a lot of calories and they do have some protein plus I eat cans of tuna and low cal frozen dinners with meat in them. The main bad thing about that is that they can have too much salt, but I can't change everything overnight. Boiled eggs are another good protein source.

Regular vitamin pills make my stomach hurt and liquid vitamins taste like vomit, at least the brand I tried. I might have to try another brand later. Sometimes I drink sugar free vitamin waters but I know that's not really the same as a multivitamin.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
Careful about packaged meal, Rubystars.  They can often contain lots of salt, sugar and fat.  You might want to try cooking stuff from scratch. 

Do you own a slow cooker?  They're not expensive.  Plus they're great for cooking dried beans.  You just put your stuff in the morning, and when you come home, your food is ready.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 03:19:08 PM »
Careful about packaged meal, Rubystars.  They can often contain lots of salt, sugar and fat.  You might want to try cooking stuff from scratch. 

Do you own a slow cooker?  They're not expensive.  Plus they're great for cooking dried beans.  You just put your stuff in the morning, and when you come home, your food is ready.

Just salt is the problem with the ones I get.

I think a slow cooker is a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »
I'm sure you know this already but it's not the amount of fat in your diet that matters, it's what kind of fat.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
All you really need is lots of fiber and lots of water all day.
Fiber + water = mass movement

Fiber soaks up everything then empty out in about 18 - 20 hours. It will drag out fat, salts, even good things like nutrients.
You don't need to pay for some special diet plan. Just have lots of sugar cane, apple, peach, greens, mango, watermelon, cotton, steel wool etc.......
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 11:06:25 PM »
I'm sure you know this already but it's not the amount of fat in your diet that matters, it's what kind of fat.

Yes some fat is healthy. :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 11:07:08 PM »
All you really need is lots of fiber and lots of water all day.
Fiber + water = mass movement

LOL

Fiber soaks up everything then empty out in about 18 - 20 hours. It will drag out fat, salts, even good things like nutrients.
You don't need to pay for some special diet plan. Just have lots of sugar cane, apple, peach, greens, mango, watermelon, cotton, steel wool etc.......

Steel wool is the yummiest!