Author Topic: Norwegian ambassador to Israel continues anti Israel line  (Read 756 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Norwegian ambassador to Israel continues anti Israel line
« on: July 26, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/07/26/3088704/envoy-compares-terror-in-israel-norway     

Share Share
    Email Email
    Print Print

Envoy compares terror in Israel, Norway

July 26, 2011

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Norway's ambassador to Israel drew distinctions between the Oslo and Utoeya massacres and Palestinian terrorism.

Svein Sevje said in an Israeli newspaper interview Tuesday that while the Norwergian bomb and gun rampages that killed 76 people and Palestinian attacks should both be considered morally unacceptable, he wanted to "outline the similarity and the difference in the two cases."

Palestinians, the ambassador told Maariv, "are doing this because of a defined goal that is related to the Israeli occupation. There are elements of revenge against Israel and hatred of Israel. To this you can add the religious element to  their actions."

"In the case of the terror attack in Norway, the murderer had an ideology that says that Norway, particularly the Labor Party, is forgoing Norwegian culture," Sevje said, referring to suspect Anders Breivik, a Christian nativist who is opently anti-Islam and anti-immigration.

Unlike European Union states, Norway has engaged Hamas and often been fiercely critical of Israel, to Jerusalem's dismay.

While Sevje voiced sympathy for Israeli terror victims, having experienced "the inferno" of such attacks during his posting, he saw little chance of Norway reviewing its Middle East policies.

"We Norwegians consider the occupation to be the cause of  the terror against Israel," he said. "Those who believe this will not change their mind because of the attack in Oslo."

He added, "Can Israel and the Palestinians solve the problems without Hamas? I don't think so."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Norwegian ambassador to Israel continues anti Israel line
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »
If they want to continue to believe the "occupation" is the cause of terrorism then may Norway suffer more Breiviks.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:04:06 AM »
If they want to continue to believe the "occupation" is the cause of terrorism then may Norway suffer more Breiviks.

He does make it hard to feel sorry for Norway.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:59:55 AM »
After reading about the level of antisemitism in Norway I am inclined against them. I still reserve some respect for some Norwegians because as 'fate' would have it I happen to work with a guy from Norway {although we don't actually work directly together}. As 'fate' has it this Norwegian fellow happens to work with my Israeli friend. Until recently I was not aware of how things were in Norway but I held a favorable opinion based on the one Norwegian I know. And that he gets along with an Israeli and sits in the next cube from him I was of the opinion that the Norwegians were nice people.

But I just don't know at this point. It seems that there are some very serious problems for Jews in Norway. Reading about that 'Assimilation Policy' of the Norwegian government sounds downright awful and something which immediately would destroy the Jewish nation. That they banned Shechita/Kosher slaughter is another nail in the coffin for Jewish life in Norway.

I hope that the sensible Norwegians can stand up against further liberalization of an already insanely liberal country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegianization

Norwegianization is a term used to described the official government policy carried out by the Norwegian government against the Sami and later the Kven people of northern Norway to assimilate non-Norwegian-speaking native populations into an ethnically and culturally uniform Norwegian population. The policy was discontinued in the 1980s and reparations have been made in the form of financial support for the Sámediggi and other related programs. In 1997, the King of Norway, HM King Harald V made an official apology on behalf of the Sami and Kven People because of this government program:
“    

The state of Norway was founded on the territory of two peoples - the Sámi people and the Norwegians. Sámi history is closely intertwined with Norwegian history. Today, we express our regret on behalf of the state for the injustice committed against the Sámi people through its harsh policy of Norwegianization.[1]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:22:23 AM »
So in effect this dirtbag also sees the 'cause' behind the Fogels massacre?    >:(

That's Marxism for you. I have not felt one ounce of pity for the Norwegian Quislings nor will I ever. Can you not see the Left / Marxism / Communists have only been re-marketed and re-packaged  for todays audience.

Remember what Communism did to Jews last century or have people forgotten already!

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 03:41:47 AM »
Even though I condemn the Norway attacks, I am quickly starting to loose sympathy for Norway as a hole. Screw you, you norther european anti-semites! Justice for Israel will come and all you morons are going to be in tears when you realize that all this time you were condemning the light of the world. May Moshiach come soon. It is written that one day, after all nations try to suffocate and destroy Israel, they will stop and realize that Israel is the first born of G-d, and they will be shocked to realize their mistakes.

For now I am angry

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 05:46:42 AM »
After reading about the level of antisemitism in Norway I am inclined against them. I still reserve some respect for some Norwegians because as 'fate' would have it I happen to work with a guy from Norway {although we don't actually work directly together}. As 'fate' has it this Norwegian fellow happens to work with my Israeli friend. Until recently I was not aware of how things were in Norway but I held a favorable opinion based on the one Norwegian I know. And that he gets along with an Israeli and sits in the next cube from him I was of the opinion that the Norwegians were nice people.

But I just don't know at this point. It seems that there are some very serious problems for Jews in Norway. Reading about that 'Assimilation Policy' of the Norwegian government sounds downright awful and something which immediately would destroy the Jewish nation. That they banned Shechita/Kosher slaughter is another nail in the coffin for Jewish life in Norway.

I hope that the sensible Norwegians can stand up against further liberalization of an already insanely liberal country.

There are wonderful Norwegians one of best friends was Norwegian his friends and wife were great people Conservative and Friends of Israel.But it seems that about 65% of Norwegians are brainwashed
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:09:15 AM »
There are righteous Norwegians but the country as a whole is cursed by God for being so evil.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!