Author Topic: JTFers with PESTS  (Read 1332 times)

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
JTFers with PESTS
« on: July 26, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »
My house, and apparently my whole neighbourhood, are infested with pharaoh ants. Has any of you had to deal with this type of infestation ?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 07:33:21 AM by Zelhar »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: JTFers with PESTS
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »
My house, and apparently my whole neighbourhood, are infested with pharaoh ants. Has any of you had to deal with this type of infestation ?

No... Sounds bad... I have been dealing with mice though...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:23:28 PM »
Is that a code word for Muslims?

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
Is that a play on "jtfers with pets".
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 01:44:15 AM »

That's what i was thinking.  :::D
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 01:50:13 AM »
Now you got me thinking of a new thread...

JTFers with STEPS!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:23:22 AM »
Fortunately not. As bad as these ants are, they are not muslim.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 07:22:50 AM »
You can apparently dip them in chocolate and sell them for $1.85 a pack!

http://store.candywarehouse.com/chocolateants.html

:o

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 07:32:20 AM »

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 08:06:26 AM »
Pharaoh ants have been exterminated by placing baits, consisting of ground liver mixed with boric acid, in places where the ants forage. Renewing the baits once or twice may be necessary. It is recommended not to exterminate using sprays and dusts because they will cause the pharaoh ants to scatter.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »

I know a guy who uses chicken fat + starch + boric acid.
I wonder if boric acid works of two legged cockroaches.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
I use ARDAP before I start to clean very dirty flats with lots of bugs, flies and other things. It is very efficient and good. Originally it is designed to kill all kind of parasites in the agricultural sector, specially in bird breeding. But nothing is better.

But I don't know if it is available in Israel.

Here is the cataloge of the company: http://www.quiko.de/pdf/quiko-katalog-zuechter-2010.pdf
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2011, 12:22:37 PM »
The "Niban granular bait" I am using consists of 5% boric acid. I very much prefer using boric acid because it's supposedly harmless at these levels to mammals. But it's been a week I think since I started using the baits and the damn ants keep coming.

I use ARDAP before I start to clean very dirty flats with lots of bugs, flies and other things. It is very efficient and good. Originally it is designed to kill all kind of parasites in the agricultural sector, specially in bird breeding. But nothing is better.

But I don't know if it is available in Israel.

Here is the cataloge of the company: http://www.quiko.de/pdf/quiko-katalog-zuechter-2010.pdf
I suspect that ARDAP is too strong a toxin for my case. I have to live in the house too.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »
Here on long Island we have large carpenter ants that are worse than termites... I have been doing battle with them for years... The damage they do to a home  if left unattended is extensive... I have used some toxic poisons over the years only to find the ants survived with flying colors... The only thing I have found that they hate is ANT b Gone by Ortho... I have an old time duster that sprays out clouds of dust... I go around the outside of my house along the foundation with the duster filled with ANT b GONE and the ants don't go anywhere near it for weeks... I have seen the ants actually try and  lift their feet off a treated spot.. It made them do a little dance  :::D... The best part of the picture is it's dirt cheap... Its mostly boric acid so roach powder may even do the same job but I like the real thing...
http://www.amazon.com/Ortho-0253810-Ant-B-Gon-Killer-Shaker/dp/B000BO5CQW/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
I second checking out the data on Boric Acid.  That stuff is cheap and works wonders with roaches.  You cannot use it if you have young kids, cats, or a dog in the home though

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 06:47:33 AM »
I second checking out the data on Boric Acid.  That stuff is cheap and works wonders with roaches.  You cannot use it if you have young kids, cats, or a dog in the home though

Yes, boric acid works but no good for me as I have cats. The liquid traps that I mentioned earlier is what I used to get rid of carpenter ants; I'm on Long Island and, as cjd mentioned, they are a big problem here. The liquid traps got rid of them, both indoors and outdoors.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »
We have Japanese Beetles.  Its the Decade of Plagues!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 02:09:35 PM »
The gel-type (i.e. clear and gooey) toothpastes keep them from where you don't want them for a while.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »
I have an update:

The baits I use seem to slowly do their work and ants numbers seem to be dropping. A subset of the ants appear to have strong preference to forage on other types of food rather then the Niban baits conveniently laid at their doorstep. I don't know whether pure boric acid powder is sold in Israel. If I could I think I would experience with other types of baits, for example, peanut butter-borax mixture.