Author Topic: Norway anti Jewish country  (Read 1619 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Norway anti Jewish country
« on: July 27, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
http://www.forward.com/articles/140469/     

The JEWS SHOULD LEAVE NORWAY SO IT CAN BE THE FIRST JUDENREIN COUNTRY IN EUROPE   

Oslo — Norway has just 1,500 Jews, but to hear Avi Ring tell it, the country is reacting to last Friday’s bombing of a government office building and massacre at a political summer camp in a traditionally Jewish way.

“As soon as people speak about it, they start to cry,” said Ring, a neuroscientist and former board member of Norway’s official Jewish community organization, called the Mosaic Religious Community and known by its Norwegian acronym, DMT. “It’s like a country sitting shiva.”

A sea of flower bouquets, candles, photographs and handwritten notes line not just major Oslo memorials – like the fence of the exclusion zone around the blast site or the central Domkirke Cathedral – but far-flung fountains, parks and statues with no connection to the violence.

“We’ll be together in the grief,” said Ervin Kohn, the leader of DMT, which is also the country’s main synagogue and counts about half the country’s Jews as members. No Jews are known to have been injured in the attacks.

Yet even as they mourn along with their fellow countrymen, some Jews here are quietly expressing concern that the attack by a right-wing xenophobe who apparently sympathized with Israel may further mute pro-Israel voices in Norway, where anti-Zionist sentiment already runs strong.

In the rambling 1,500-page manifesto attributed to the alleged perpetrator of the attacks, Anders Behring Breivik, anti-Muslim diatribes are punctuated at times with expressions of admiration for Israel and its fight against Islamic terrorism.

And on Utoya island, the young Labor Party activists who were holding a retreat when Breivik ambushed them, had spent part of the day before discussing the organization of a boycott against Israel and pressing the country’s foreign minister, who was visiting the camp, to recognize a Palestinian state.

If the Norwegian public is looking for a larger villain than Breivik, Jews here are worried that Zionism and pro-Israel organizations may be singled out.

“Can the average Norwegian accept that this is the one random act of one confused ethnic Norwegian?” Ring asked. “What I’m worried about is that in the Norwegian mind it will slowly attach an antagonism to Israel.”

Joakim Plavnik, a young Norwegian Jew who works in the financial sector, said he’s already worried by news reports that have focused on the seemingly pro-Zionist parts of Breivik’s writings.

“That can potentially have very negative ramifications toward the small, vulnerable Jewish community,” Plavnik said. But, he added, “We can’t be paralyzed by that fear.”

Rachel Suissa runs the Center Against Antisemitism, a pro-Israel group that counts about 23,000 supporters and 10,000 subscribers to a quarterly journal. She said the Norwegian government’s general pro-Palestinian stance – Norway’s foreign minister, Jonas Gahr Store, recently said that Oslo soon would announce its support for an independent Palestinian state – makes Zionism difficult to promote here.

“Anyone who dares support Israel is demonized,” said Suissa, a professor of medical chemistry. “The Jews need to know that they have a lot of friends in Norway, but the Norwegian politicians are not our friends.”

In an interview published Tuesday by the Israeli daily Maariv, Norway’s ambassador to Israel, Svein Sevje, said it was important to recognize the distinctions between the Norwegian attacks and terrorism in Israel.

“We Norwegians consider the occupation to be the cause of the terror against Israel,” he said. “Those who believe this will not change their mind because of the attack in Oslo.”

Suissa said she is concerned that Breivik’s attack will make it more difficult for Israel supporters and the right-wing Christian groups she works with to express their views. But Rabbi Joav Melchior, spiritual leader of the community synagogue also known as DMT, dismissed such concerns.

“That someone … calls himself pro-Israel shouldn’t in principle change anything for us,” he said of Breivik. “We don’t feel that he’s a part of our group.”

The bombing in Oslo and shooting rampage on the nearby island of Utoya has sparked a national debate in Norway about security measures in this country of 4.6 million where political leaders routinely travel without a protective security detail and police officers do not carry guns. The slow police response to the massacre – it took about an hour for police to reach Utoya – has been widely reported and debated here.

“This happened in a place where if someone walks in and steals a pack of eggs, it would make the news,” Ring said. “Norway will have to increase its awareness of security on all levels.”

At Oslo’s main synagogue, which was the target of an early-morning shooting attack in 2006 that resulted in cosmetic damage but no casualties, security already is high. Concrete barriers make it impossible to park in front of the building, and a receptionist told a reporter that he could not enter the facility on Tuesday “for security reasons.”

Norway, like practically every country in Europe, has a spotty history when it comes to the Jews.

Jews were first allowed into Norway after the Inquisition, but were banned from 1687 to 1851. The first synagogue in Oslo was established in 1892. Some 800 Jews were killed during the Nazi occupation of the country, and many who fled to seek asylum in Sweden did not return after the war.

Today, most of the country’s Jews live in Oslo, though smaller congregations do exist in other cities, like Trondheim, a seven-hour drive north.

David Katzenelson, an Israeli transplant who has lived in Norway for 15 years, said Norway is not known as a particularly hospitable place for Jews. A high school math and science teacher who also runs the small Society for Progressive Judaism here, Katzenelson said he has had a swastika spray-painted on his mailbox and that Jewish students of his have been afraid to publicly disclose their faith.

“There’s a feeling in the society that you have to be nice to everyone who’s in the room – and since Jews are generally a very small group who are usually not in the room, you’re allowed to speak nasty about them because that doesn’t discriminate against anyone present,” he said. “That can develop into very ugly things.”

In the wake of last Friday’s attacks, however, the prevailing mood among Norwegian Jews has been solidarity – as it has for all Norwegians.

More than 150,000 people participated in a “rose march” in front of Oslo City Hall on Monday even after the event was officially canceled for security reasons because it had grown too large. People have taken to cheering for policemen and Red Cross workers when they pass by on the streets. And bars and restaurants are packed in Oslo in an apparent show that this city of about 600,000 will not cow to terror.

While many Norwegian Jews interviewed by JTA were quick to say now is the time for grief and that soul searching should be put off for later, Rabbi Shaul Wilhelm, who runs the 7-year-old Chabad-Lubavitch center in Oslo, said the way to prove Breivik and his ideology wrong is to embrace tolerance.

“What we should try to learn from all this is that multiculturalism isn’t just a thesis and a concept,” he said. “That would be the greatest revenge against this murderer and against people of his ilk: that we can actually practice tolerance in a very real way.”

Read more: http://www.forward.com/articles/140469/#ixzz1TKGhOX45
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Norway anti Jewish country
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:33:44 PM »
While many Norwegian Jews interviewed by JTA were quick to say now is the time for grief and that soul searching should be put off for later, Rabbi Shaul Wilhelm, who runs the 7-year-old Chabad-Lubavitch center in Oslo, said the way to prove Breivik and his ideology wrong is to embrace tolerance.

“What we should try to learn from all this is that multiculturalism isn’t just a thesis and a concept,” he said. “That would be the greatest revenge against this murderer and against people of his ilk: that we can actually practice tolerance in a very real way.”

What a judenrat. Yeah, go be multicultural with all those muslims they're bringing in and see if they tolerate your Chabad house. Hey rabbi, how's multiculturalism working for you now? You can't profess your faith in public, Jews get persecuted everywhere in Norway, your nation of Israel is hated by everyone and there are only 1500 of you left in all of Norway. Are you trying to tolerate yourself into oblivion? Jews aren't allowed to tolerate their own culture anymore. Hell, native Norwegians aren't even allowed to be proud of being Norwegian.

All the Lubavitchers I've known were really right-wing despite not believing in moving to Israel. Even this Chabad rabbi is a leftist idiot.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »
What a judenrat. Yeah, go be multicultural with all those muslims they're bringing in and see if they tolerate your Chabad house. Hey rabbi, how's multiculturalism working for you now? You can't profess your faith in public, Jews get persecuted everywhere in Norway, your nation of Israel is hated by everyone and there are only 1500 of you left in all of Norway. Are you trying to tolerate yourself into oblivion? Jews aren't allowed to tolerate their own culture anymore. Hell, native Norwegians aren't even allowed to be proud of being Norwegian.

All the Lubavitchers I've known were really right-wing despite not believing in moving to Israel. Even this Chabad rabbi is a leftist idiot.

Yes, this is very bad that the Rabbi wants to continue the multicultural path... This will certainly lead to the complete destruction of Norwegian Jews...

PS: What do you mean Lubavitches don't believe in moving to Israel? Of course they believe that all Jews should live in Israel... But they also believe that Jews have missions outside Israel. All the Chabad Rabbis I know always encourage members to move to Israel.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:25:11 PM »
Sad times we now live in  :'(  .. It's like we are headed back to the 1930's..... again..

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
Yes, this is very bad that the Rabbi wants to continue the multicultural path... This will certainly lead to the complete destruction of Norwegian Jews...

PS: What do you mean Lubavitches don't believe in moving to Israel? Of course they believe that all Jews should live in Israel... But they also believe that Jews have missions outside Israel. All the Chabad Rabbis I know always encourage members to move to Israel.

I figured Chabad didn't profess for Jews to make aliyah. I know a large mostly Lubavitcher subdivision going up in my area with new commercial areas and a giant community center. I see large numbers of them walking to shul. One thing I like about Chabad is that they at least keep their customs and have their ways that keep them unique. It's pretty bad to see a so-called Chabad rabbi preaching assimilation.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:31:30 PM »
I figured Chabad didn't profess for Jews to make aliyah. I know a large mostly Lubavitcher subdivision going up in my area with new commercial areas and a giant community center. I see large numbers of them walking to shul. One thing I like about Chabad is that they at least keep their customs and have their ways that keep them unique. It's pretty bad to see a so-called Chabad rabbi preaching assimilation.

Chabad recently publicly stated that it is a strong supporter of Zionism {religious Zionism}. My experience with the local Chabads in my area also support this... The goal of the religious Zionist is to work towards the total redemption of the Jewish people. Chabad does keep Rabbis in far-flung parts of the world in order to assist in the 'ingathering of the exiles' which will occur as the Messianic period unfolds. It is good, in my opinion, for Chabad to reach out to so many 'lost Jews' and bring them back to observance and back to the desire to make Aliyah.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »
Norway is very responsible for terrorism in Kosovo. They financed it, politically supported, sheltered drug dealers and have done many other awful actions.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 10:38:46 PM »
Norway is very responsible for terrorism in Kosovo. They financed it, politically supported, sheltered drug dealers and have done many other awful actions.

Good to know.  I see how these young Norwegians were fomenting massive amounts of Jew hatred in their 'peaceful' Island meditations.  Sickening

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »
Chabad recently publicly stated that it is a strong supporter of Zionism {religious Zionism}. My experience with the local Chabads in my area also support this... The goal of the religious Zionist is to work towards the total redemption of the Jewish people. Chabad does keep Rabbis in far-flung parts of the world in order to assist in the 'ingathering of the exiles' which will occur as the Messianic period unfolds. It is good, in my opinion, for Chabad to reach out to so many 'lost Jews' and bring them back to observance and back to the desire to make Aliyah.

That seems counterproductive and I thought making Jews comfortable in the exile was sinful. I just see this ginormous Chabad community going up near me and I think it could basically be a huge community in Israel with beautiful homes.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 11:45:51 PM »
I've lost interest in those nazi loving Norwegians.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »
That seems counterproductive and I thought making Jews comfortable in the exile was sinful. I just see this ginormous Chabad community going up near me and I think it could basically be a huge community in Israel with beautiful homes.

Read this site to get a better understanding of Chabads philosophy concerning this:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/97583/jewish/Living-in-Eretz-Yisrael.htm

Living in Eretz Yisrael

The verse, “…And go to the place which HaShem your G-d will choose… to make His Name rest there” (Devarim 26:2) refers to the mitzvah of bikkurim — to offer the first fruits of your crops in “the place that HaShem will choose,” that is, the Beis HaMikdash (Holy Temple) in Jerusalem. The Rebbe points out that the verse does not mention Jerusalem explicitly. Instead, it alludes to Jerusalem with the words “the place which HaShem will choose… to make His Name rest there.” It is clear that Jerusalem is the place HaShem chose from all the other places, but nevertheless it is strange that the Torah does not state so explicitly. This is particularly true since we know that the Torah always tries to use precise words and be as concise as possible. Hence, why does it use all those extra words here? It could simply have said, “Jerusalem” — one Hebrew word instead of twelve! Accordingly, there must be some horaah which the Torah wants us to learn from the fact that it refers to Jerusalem in this way.

The Rebbe explains this as follows: Any place in which a Jew reveals HaShem ’s Name is like Jerusalem, and in that place you can serve HaShem. Today, when we don’t have the Beis HaMikdash , what do we do for sacrifices? Our Sages explain that today our prayers are a substitute for sacrifices. Can we say that a Jew can pray only in Jerusalem, or in Israel? In one of his sichos relating to this week’s Torah reading, Re’eh , the Rebbe discusses the mitzvah of yishuv Eretz Yisrael — settling in the Land of Israel. Is it an obligation for every Jew to live in Jerusalem, or in Israel, and to immigrate to Israel from wherever they live in the Diaspora in order to be able to serve HaShem , or not? There is a story about one of the chassidim of the Tzemach Tzedek, the third Lubavitcher Rebbe. The chassid decided that he wanted to settle in Israel, and so he went to his Rebbe, the Tzemach Tzedek, for a blessing. But the Tzemach Tzedek said to him, “Mach doh Eretz Yisroel ” — “Make Israel over here.” I must mention at this point that this is a very delicate subject to the many people who have made a tremendous effort to come to Israel. With this in mind, I would like to present some points that the Rebbe made about this subject.

The Rebbe first of all quotes a statement of our Sages, to the effect that living in the Diaspora is like idol-worship — “kol hadar bechutz laAretz ke’ilu oved avodah zarah.” It is as if a person living outside of Israel does not have a G-d. When they hear this, many people say, “How can a religious Jew live in the Diaspora?” It seems like you cannot even be a full-fledged Jew in galus (the Diaspora), in America, or any other country.

Of course, if you have the means, if you have the ability, you should come to Israel. Yet, we look around and we see that there are so many G-d fearing people, real anshei emes (people of truth) who do not live in Israel, and don’t seem to be making motions toward coming. They certainly know about this statement of our Sages, just like you and I know it. How come they’re not coming, how come they’re not packing their suitcases? What’s going on?

The Rebbe says there are certain important things to clarify before we make any decisions. The first thing is that the statements of our Sages are always very, very precise. They use the expression “kol hadar bechutz laAretz. ” There are many words which express the idea of dwelling or living in a place, but the Sages explicitly use the root-word dar. This has the connotation of kviyus , permanence. In other words, what our Sages are saying is this: When a person lives in the Diaspora, and looks upon his living there as a makom keva , a permanent place, because he has a good job and a nice home, etc., and because he hears that in Israel it’s hard to make a living, then he’s like a person who has no G-d. However, if this person lives in America, or England, or Australia, but his whole life is based on the feeling and the understanding that he constantly prays and wishes for Mashiach, so that the moment Mashiach comes he is ready to come to Eretz Yisrael , to the Beis HaMikdash , then that person is not permanently settled and locked in his exile.

The first factor to know is, how a person looks at his life in galus. When people are inculcated with this desire and longing for Mashiach , then it’s clear that America etc., is not their priority; their priority is Mashiach and coming to Israel. Those people are not in the category of those that dwell permanently in the Diaspora. Therefore, the second half of the statement, “it is as if he worships idols,” does not apply to them. All of the people that stay in the Diaspora, (although they know of the holiness of the Land of Israel), because they have a duty or mission to perform there, are also serving G-d, just as if they were in Israel.
There were many times when people asked the Rebbe for permission to go to Israel and the Rebbe said they should go and gave them a blessing. However, there were also those whom he told to stay, because their mission was in America, or Australia, or Canada. You must realize that where you want to be is not necessarily where you should be; that is, your mission in life is something that may be unpleasant. It’s like a mother with her children: Very often mothers get so exhausted, that they’d like to just lock the door and run away. “I took care of them for 15 years already; let them be on their own!” In reality, however, any mother who would do that, would be looked upon as irresponsible. You know, these are your children. It’s not so much fun, day after day, to be with them and take care of them, but they’re your children; you cannot throw them away. Once, Rabbi Manis Friedman, the principal of Bais Chana in Minnesota, was questioned by a “women’s libber” as to what his wife does. She was trying to prove that Chassidic women are chained to their homes and children. When Rabbi Friedman told her that his wife ran a home for unwanted children she was visibly impressed — until he explained that the children were actually their own, but no one else seemed to want them! But that is really the truth — women have a very prestigious job in looking after a whole family. The same is true of community rabbis. It may not be such an exciting job; it may even be monotonous; it may be very, very difficult, and he may even experience opposition from some members of the community. However, if Divine Providence made a certain person the rabbi of his community, then that is quite clearly his responsibility. Until HaShem indicates clearly that he may go off and leave them, it may be a very irresponsible thing to leave for Israel.

The factors by which a person decides to go and live in Israel are often very noble and very spiritual, but may in fact cause them to evade their true responsibility and mission in life. That is why, as I mentioned earlier, this is a very touchy issue, because many people do not take kindly to hearing these words, when they have made tremendous sacrifices to come to this country. Nevertheless, the Rebbe is not one who is motivated by what is popular, but rather speaks the truth.

Earlier, I mentioned the story about a chassid of the Tzemech Tzedek who wanted to come and live in Israel, but the Rebbe answered him, “Make Israel right here where you are.” He knew that the mission of this person was to stay right there in Russia, and live a life of self-sacrifice — mesirus nefesh — and thus inspire other Jews, and by doing that, bring Mashiach a little bit closer. There will be a time in history when all Jews will come to Israel, and that is in the times of Mashiach. But until the time of Mashiach , may it be speedily in our days, there is a place for every Jew wherever he is. If everybody would be aware of their mission in the Diaspora, then the Jewish world would look a lot different.

I am one who does not look at where I currently live as my 'place'... I have looked at property in Israel and have considered moving there. When my mother and step-father no longer need my presence here in America I do intend on moving. By the Chabad philosophy I am fulfilling my mission in America until the time comes to make Aliyah. May it be soon...