Author Topic: Credo Mobile / Working Assets .... Filthy Animals of the first order!  (Read 785 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
At first I thought this was a joke however has anyone else received mailings from this sick organization? Sprint is the exclusive provider for this group.
http://www.credomobile.com/
http://www.workingassets.com/Default.aspx
http://www.credomobile.com/mission/nonprofit-donations-current.aspx
Look at who they fund
http://www.credomobile.com/mission/nonprofit-donations-current.aspx

Meet the Cofounders
Laura Scher
Cofounder and Executive Chair
Laura Scher is cofounder, former CEO, and current Executive Chair of CREDO/Working Assets. Laura teaches "Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship" at Stanford University and has co-authored chapters in several inspirational books, including The Business of Changing the World, edited by Marc Benioff; and Hands On! 33 More Things Every Girl Should Know, edited by Suzanne Harper. Laura serves on the Board of Advisors of the Yale School of Management, and on the boards of the Salesforce.com Foundation, eScrip, and the Rosenberg Foundation. She has a bachelor's degree in economics from Yale University, studied at the Institute for International Studies in Geneva, and earned an MBA from Harvard Business School.

Cofounder and President
Michael Kieschnick is CEO, president, and cofounder of CREDO/Working Assets. His approach to marketing and activism at work incorporates his Texas high school football commitment to be agile, hostile, and mobile. Prior to cofounding Working Assets, he held a position at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, served as an economic advisor to Governor Jerry Brown, and helped create several socially responsible investment funds. He also has board and leadership positions with The Secretary of State Project, the League of Conservation Voters, the OneCalifornia Bank Foundation, and the Beatitudes Society, and teaches a seminar on innovations in microfinance at Stanford. He earned a Ph.D in Public Policy from Harvard and undergraduate degrees in biology and economics from Stanford.

He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: Credo Mobile / Working Assets .... Filthy Animals of the first order!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
I am not sure I get your point.  Working Assets was  once owned by a fellow I remotely knew who I did a little work for many years ago.  I believe it was at one point bought out by the woman who started Soho Soda.  As far as I know it is legit.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »
I am not sure I get your point.  Working Assets was  once owned by a fellow I remotely knew who I did a little work for many years ago.  I believe it was at one point bought out by the woman who started Soho Soda.  As far as I know it is legit.
:o The point is the mailing I received was so full of leftist propaganda it was almost joke like... Going to the two sites and seeing the list of groups they fund was enough to make anyone with half a brain totally sick... The causes supported are the ones at the root of most of the evil in todays society...Thanks for telling me about Soho Soda thats another company that needs boycotting.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »
:o The point is the mailing I received was so full of leftist propaganda it was almost joke like... Going to the two sites and seeing the list of groups they fund was enough to make anyone with half a brain totally sick... The causes supported are the ones at the root of most of the evil in todays society...Thanks for telling me about Soho Soda thats another company that needs boycotting.

The guy I knew Jerry Dotson was a big proponent of socially responsible investing (left wing investing).  He wasn't that bad, he was not anti Israel.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 02:00:34 PM »
The guy I knew Jerry Dotson was a big proponent of socially responsible investing (left wing investing).  He wasn't that bad, he was not anti Israel.
Left wing being the key word!

2011 Donations Recipients
Each year, CREDO members and CREDO Action activists help decide where our donations go. They nominate groups to receive funding, and then vote on how much money to give each group. Since 1985, we've donated more than $67 million to progressive causes. These are the nonprofit groups we're funding in 2011.

Civil Rights
    American Constitution Society for Law & Policy
    American Foundation for Equal Rights
    Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network
    Innocence Project
    Interfaith Alliance Foundation
    Medical Students for Choice
    National Immigration Forum
    Planned Parenthood (affiliates)
Economic & Social Justice
    Center for Investigative Reporting
    Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
    Democracy Now!
    Food Research and Action Center
    Interfaith Worker Justice
    National Consumer Law Center
    Sentencing Project
    Zinn Education Project
Environment
    350.org
    Center for Biological Diversity
    Defenders of Wildlife
    Food Democracy Now!
    Green Corps
    Rainforest Action Network
    Sierra Club Foundation
    Union of Concerned Scientists
Peace & International Freedom
    Abraham Fund
    Center for Justice and Accountability
    Human Rights Watch
    KOMAZA
    Mercy Corps
    Partners In Health
    Room to Read Girls' Education Program
    Women for Women International
Voting Rights & Civic Participation
    Color of Change
    Democracia USA
    Electronic Frontier Foundation
    Free Speech for People
    Media Matters for America
    Nation Institute Investigative Fund
    Project Vote
    Wellstone Action