Author Topic: Righteous Man Jon Voight visits terror victims in southern Israel  (Read 865 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4111943,00.html   

Actor John Voight visits terror victims in Beersheba

Published:    08.21.11, 17:04 / Israel News

Share on TwitterShare on Facebook

Actor John Voight has visited rocket attack victims at Beersheba's Soroka Medical Center.

During the visit, Voight said that he has come to witness and report to the American people the harsh reality faced by the residents of southern Israel. He added that he was amazed to see that terror victims were hospitalized next to residents of Gaza and Hebron. (Yoav Zitun)
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Righteous Man Jon Voight visits terror victims in southern Israel
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 11:11:20 AM »
Israel shoudn't be proud of putting terror victims next to muslim nazis from Gaza.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4112023,00.html    

Jon Voight visits terror victims

Hollywood actor shocked Soroka Hospital also treating Palestinian patients alongside victims

Yoav Zitun
Published:    08.21.11, 20:10 / Israel News

Share on TwitterShare on Facebook

Hollywood actor Jon Voight visited Soroka Hospital in Beersheba Sunday in an effort to cheer up victims of the recent violence from Gaza – Thursday's terror attacks as well as the still ongoing rocket attacks that followed.

Voight, the father of starlet Angelina Jolie, is a longtime friend of the state. He has previously conducted visits in honor of Israel 60th Independence Day as well as two other occasions.

South under fire:

Eighth terror victim identified

He also wrote a letter to the US president following the 2010 Gaza flotilla, accusing him of abandoning Israel to violence. Voight also took part in a rally in Los Angeles which condemned Turkey for its part in the flotilla.

Voight told the victims that he was deeply saddened by the attacks, and that Israel needed its friends at this time. "The US should be Israel's best friend," he said, adding that the aim of the visit was to report back on the situation to the American public.

Jon Voight speaks to victim (Photo: Ohad Zoigenberg)
Jon Voight speaks to victim (Photo: Ohad Zoigenberg)

"During my previous visit to Sderot I went looking for shelter, so I know the danger here is real," Voight told Ynet. "It is uncomfortable walking the streets here these days. I pray for all of you."

The celebrity visited critically wounded patients and their families, and was shocked to learn that the hospital was also treating Palestinians.

Advertisement   

Voight said the world should know Israeli hospitals were treating terror victims alongside Palestinian patients from Gaza and Hebron, despite the shortage of medical resources.

"People from abroad do not understand the reality in Israel until they come here," Voight concluded. "The American public thinks Israel is strong, tough, and smart, but needs to remember that it is also humane, vulnerable, and surrounded by enemies."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
Too bad his daughter is an A1 style anti-American anti-Semite.  She only gets into roles where Jews are unfortunately victims.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 07:16:49 PM »
Too bad his daughter is an A1 style anti-American anti-Semite.  She only gets into roles where Jews are unfortunately victims.
true

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 08:20:56 PM »

This has no bearing on whether Mr. John Voight is a righteous gentile at all. I am sorry that you felt a need to diminish the good deeds which Mr Voight has done, and the reward which he has accumulated for his support and his concern for Jewish people.

Every great Torah personality also had descendants which were not good, occasionally even evil descendants. The righteous quality is not passed from generation to generation, it is something which a persons soul must aspire to reach.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »
A real noah.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 12:01:25 AM »
This has no bearing on whether Mr. John Voight is a righteous gentile at all. I am sorry that you felt a need to diminish the good deeds which Mr Voight has done, and the reward which he has accumulated for his support and his concern for Jewish people.

Every great Torah personality also had descendants which were not good, occasionally even evil descendants. The righteous quality is not passed from generation to generation, it is something which a persons soul must aspire to reach.

Muman.

Don't be a troublemaker by reading your own thoughts into my post.  I didn't diminish him at all.  His daughter is an anti-Semite who only sympathizes with Jews when they are victims.  I didn't blame him for his daughter's attitudes--you did.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 12:26:38 AM »
Muman.

Don't be a troublemaker by reading your own thoughts into my post.  I didn't diminish him at all.  His daughter is an anti-Semite who only sympathizes with Jews when they are victims.  I didn't blame him for his daughter's attitudes--you did.

No I didn't... But you took this opportunity when he was being praised in order to mention a negative about him... I didn't do that, you did...

I happen to be very supportive of Mr. Voight and his support of Chabad.

As an aside, I did not mean any disrespect to you... I realize my wording may have been confrontational but I just wanted to get across the point that when we mention something positive about someone it often causes others to mention negative things about them. This is a part of the concept of Lashon Hara...

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:33:40 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 02:42:24 AM »
I dont think YSAM was trying to diminish Jon Voight and everything he does by mentioning about his daughter. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:51:49 AM »
I dont think YSAM was trying to diminish Jon Voight and everything he does by mentioning about his daughter. 

Well if that is true I am sorry for suggesting that he did... I am just very happy that John Voight is standing up for his principles. I believe he is a Noachide and he is consistent with his support for Jewish causes.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 03:02:31 AM »
Well if that is true I am sorry for suggesting that he did... I am just very happy that John Voight is standing up for his principles. I believe he is a Noachide and he is consistent with his support for Jewish causes.

Yes, I agree.  And he is also very persuasive and charismatic.  He's certainly a great individual.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 12:32:54 AM »

Thanks Briann.  You are 5000 percent correct.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 05:15:16 AM »
I love Jon Voight for his courage and his love of Israel and her people.  He is a true hero of mine.  May G-d bless him and keep him strong, healthy and vital.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 05:56:37 AM »
He was in Israel for the Glen Beck event and yet Jon Voight isn't an Evangelical

Shot at 2010-01-03