Author Topic: Good Samaritan Killed Trying To Save Stranded Jiglet in NYC  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Good Samaritan Killed Trying To Save Stranded Jiglet in NYC
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:06:51 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/man-electrocuted-trying-save-ny-child-193711899.html

What a waste of human life. A man is dead from trying to save the life of someone who according to the Constitution is only 3/5 human, someone who will more likely than not grow up to be a hateful, jealous monster. (I am inferring that the kid was probably black because the media is not releasing his or his family's names or photos, and because his "parents" were simply allowing him to roam around despite the hurricane conditions.)

The life of one righteous person is worth more than ten thousand of these animals.

YSTAT

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Good Samaritan Killed Trying To Save Stranded Jiglet in NYC
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
If you don't know if the child is black or not, don't put it in the tittle.  Let's not try to use words like jiglet on here since I don't want JTF to look like the KKK or pedo front.  My condolences go out to the family of the good Samaritan.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:28 PM »
What's with the assumptions here?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:24:15 PM »
Even if the child was a schwarza. It should be in the news artical. I have been to Spring Valley many times there is not a lot of black people over there

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:17:03 AM »
Typical...

BTW, you make a lot of assumptions in this post.... How do you know the race of the child? How do you know the child is not righteous? But it is essential to curse others... I understand...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 09:37:25 AM »

Spring Valley, Rockland County is full of obvious Jews with the black hat, curls, and black coat. Not jiggers.
I know a family  there.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:28:10 PM »
The story I posted the other day about a Rabbi  who saved a boy who was trapped under electric cables refers to the same exact incident that YSTAT has posted about. Actually there is some controversy whether he had the title of Rabbi... Some articles refer to him as Rabbi others not...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/selfless-rabbi-electrocuted-while-saving-8-year-old-boy-during-hurricane-irene/

Here was the thread I created at the time : http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,57100.0.html

I just got an email from Rabbi Schafier who happened to know the man who was killed while saving this boy...

Dear Michael,

I hope that you are well, with power on, and back to normal. For most of us Hurricane Irene was an annoyance, for a few it was grief filled.

A man who I know well was killed saving a young child, and I would like to bring to your attention the opportunity to help his family.

I am attaching some information, if you are able to help, I think it is a very worthy cause.

Have a good Shabbos,  

Rabbi Shafier

On Saturday, as Hurricane Irene approached David Reichenberg's community of upstate Spring Valley, the businessman finished studying Avodah Zara, a portion of Mishnah, with a learning partner of his. Then his chavrusa and their families celebrated their accomplishment with a siyum - Hebrew for completion - meal in Mr. Reichenberg's home.

Mr. Reichenberg and fellow learning partners had shared several such celebrations in the last few decades.

Saturday's turned out to be his last siyum.

A longtime resident of the heavily Orthodox Monsey-Spring Valley area, Mr. Reichenberg died the next morning, in the aftermath of Irene, performing his final mitzvah.

Driving home from another learning session, he noticed a child in danger at the corner of Merrick Drive and Union Road, a tree-lined residential intersection near his home. Irene, which had struck the East Coast on Saturday night, had brought down a power line - 5-year-old Reuven David Herbst, who lives in Mr. Reichenberg's neighborhood, accidentally came in contact with a metal fence that carried a high-voltage electrical charge from wires that lay obscured on the flooded street. Standing in curbside water, he was being badly burned and could not pull away; his father, Rabbi Yehuda Herbst, was unable to reach him.

Mr. Reichenberg, an experienced outdoorsman, jumped out of his car, waded into the water and saved the pair, being electrocuted on the spot. At 50, a father of four, he was buried that night.

Now it is our turn to demonstrate our selflessness as we ensure that his dear wife should not have to suffer the pain of financial deprivation. The Hanhala of Ohr Somayach have established a special fund to provide for the future needs of the family and for the costs of special education for their autistic son.  

To donate, please go to:  

https://www.duvys.com/simple/reichenbergfund?    

Checks can also be sent by mail to:

The Ohr Somayach Reichenberg Fund
C/o Rabbi Yochonon Wosner
3 Manor Drive
Monsey, NY 10952.

It is always wise to make sure you have the facts correct before you call on others to curse or denigrate another. In this case the Rabbi did a great mitzvah while trying to save a young Jewish boy... The one who speaks Lashon Hara kills three people, 1) The person spoken about 2) the listener, 3) the speaker...

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:45:19 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
If he wasn't a negro why wasn't he identified and named?

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »
If he wasn't a negro why wasn't he identified and named?

I guess you have a point there.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
I guess you have a point there.

The bigger question, which I have heard others ask, is why these articles were referring to the Rabbi as a 'Good Samaritan'.... Amongst religious Jews the samaritans are not so good and the stories should have said 'Righteous Jew Killed Trying to Save Young Boy'.

I also don't believe you can make assumptions about the identity of a victim based on whether they release the name to the media. There were several media sources which reported that the name of the 5 Year Old child is 'Reuven David Herbst'

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
The bigger question, which I have heard others ask, is why these articles were referring to the Rabbi as a 'Good Samaritan'.... Amongst religious Jews the samaritans are not so good and the stories should have said 'Righteous Jew Killed Trying to Save Young Boy'.

I also don't believe you can make assumptions about the identity of a victim based on whether they release the name to the media. There were several media sources which reported that the name of the 5 Year Old child is 'Reuven David Herbst'

Not to go too far off tangent, but I wasn't aware that there are people (712 of them) who call themselves 'Samaritans' who still exist today. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samaritan
According to their tally, there were 712[1] Samaritans as of November 1, 2007, living exclusively in two localities, one in Kiryat Luza on Mount Gerizim near the city of Nablus in the West Bank, and the other in the Israeli city of Holon.[8]

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 09:18:21 PM »
The term "good samaritan" is just an expression. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 09:34:52 PM »
The term "good samaritan" is just an expression. 

I realize that and I don't think there was any intentional desire to insult the memory of the hero...

But here is an explanation why there is strife between Torah Jews and Samaritans:

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/230/Q3/

Janet from Dallas, Texas wrote:
Dear Rabbi,

Could you please tell me the ways in which Samaritans differed from other Jews? I am preparing a talk and would like to be able to enumerate why the Samaritans were considered different from other Jews. Thank you for your help.

Dear Janet,

The Samaritans were non-Jews brought to Israel by the Assyrians to populate the North after the exile of the Ten Tribes. They ostensibly converted to Judaism, but in reality they continued worshipping idols, save for a period when they were mistakenly considered genuine converts; hence the Samaritans were not considered Jews, neither by Jewish law nor by the Jewish people.

They did not accept the Oral Tradition, which forms the overwhelming bulk of Jewish law. They also did not accept any books of the Bible except for the Pentateuch and the book of Joshua. Today, the Samaritan version of the Torah manuscript differs from ours by about 800 letters.

The Samaritans often acted as enemies of the Jewish people. They tried to destroy the Temple and to inform against the Jews to Roman authorities. The parable of the "Good Samaritan" was actually an anti-Semitic story intended to discredit the Jews.