Author Topic: intermarriage rate of 52 percent among American Jews  (Read 2939 times)

Offline karolzsx

• Junior JTFer
intermarriage rate of 52 percent among American Jews
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »
this is genocide, what happened to Jewish people?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Judaism
 >:(

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: intermarriage rate of 52 percent among American Jews
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
this is genocide, what happened to Jewish people?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfaith_marriage_in_Judaism
 >:(

WOW!!!!  I honestly had no idea.  Very disturbing!!!

Offline karolzsx

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:17:57 PM »
WOW!!!!  I honestly had no idea.  Very disturbing!!!
rate over 50%, in next hundred years there will be no Jewish peopel
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:32:38 PM by Irish Zionist »

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 05:47:50 PM »

It's called assimilation. It's an extremely powerful force, especially in those countries where life is "good" for the Jews. The Western values of universalism and individualism attract them.
If all Jewish children were raised with true Jewish values and education, they wouldn't intermarry once they have become adults. They would understand what it means to be Jewish.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 05:55:12 PM »
rate over 50%, in next hundred years there will be no Jewish peopel
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Speaking from experience, its not always easy to meet someone nice, attractive,  and that you get along with fairly well.  So when you do,   sometimes the religion takes a back seat, even if it may not be a good idea.  But that's what's happening here.   I do think that Jewish people fit in better with each other.  So much more in common, at least in my experience.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 07:20:09 PM »
Jewish women have a reputation for being difficult and a lot of Jewish men don't wanna deal with the constant nagging and neurotic craziness. Can't speak for orthodox women but I know reform are absolutely awful.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 07:49:44 PM »
Jewish women have a reputation for being difficult and a lot of Jewish men don't wanna deal with the constant nagging and neurotic craziness. Can't speak for orthodox women but I know reform are absolutely awful.

The Christian girls can be the same way.  I can vouch for that.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 07:53:54 PM »
The Christian girls can be the same way.  I can vouch for that.

But my brother's girlfriend is Christian (I think Irish) and she treats him like gold.  So, I guess it depends on the person.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
The more I think about this stat, the more it makes sense.  I come from a secular family and I noticed this pattern as well. 

For the most part, only the Jews with a very strong religious backgrounds refuse to marry out of their faith.  This is why I can't stress enough the importance of Jewish schools.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 12:12:41 AM »
This is bad news, but i cauld see it coming years ago, this is the price one pays for freedom from the ghetto & the matchmaker! All Jews must leave their countries of residence and flee to Israel! :dance:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 12:21:08 AM »
This is bad news, but i cauld see it coming years ago, this is the price one pays for freedom from the ghetto & the matchmaker! All Jews must leave their countries of residence and flee to Israel! :dance:

This reminds me of the video I watched the other night from the Fiddler on the Roof... "Matchmaker, Matchmaker..."

It is sad that this movie exposes one of the reasons we find ourselves where we are today. I cry every time I watch this movie because it is basically about the history of my family who emigrated from Ukraine in the 1890s...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 02:20:04 AM »
This reminds me of the video I watched the other night from the Fiddler on the Roof... "Matchmaker, Matchmaker..."

It is sad that this movie exposes one of the reasons we find ourselves where we are today. I cry every time I watch this movie because it is basically about the history of my family who emigrated from Ukraine in the 1890s...

Your family wouldn't happen to be from Odessa?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 02:37:08 AM »
Your family wouldn't happen to be from Odessa?

I believe they came from Uman...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uman
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 02:45:57 AM »
I believe they came from Uman...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uman

Both cities share a sad history.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 03:18:39 AM »
Both cities share a sad history.

Indeed, I was just reading the history of Odessa and it too was not kind to their Jewish population...

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 03:37:07 AM »
Intermarriage is terrible for any people's survival but especially for small, heavily persecuted minorities.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 02:16:57 AM »
Indeed, I was just reading the history of Odessa and it too was not kind to their Jewish population...

Yes.  My Grandparents were somewhat secretive when discussing anything about Russia/Ukraine.  I had to do a little research myself, and I found it was certainly and awful/evil place.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 02:47:13 AM »
So was Telsai in Lithuania [The Pale] >:(