Author Topic: Use Facebook as a Weapon  (Read 1134 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Use Facebook as a Weapon
« on: September 13, 2011, 03:49:18 PM »
I am not a facebook user and I do not promote its usage. But since there are many here who do use facebook I am wondering if it would be too difficult to launch social campaigns similar to what the Jordanians are doing...

I just read that today there is a new facebook page calling for violence against the Israeli embassy in Jordan. We already know that the egyptians have used it in order to destroy the Israeli embassy in Cairo....

Maybe some brave JTFers should put up pages calling for mass demonstrations against the Egyptian and Jordianian embassies here in America, or worldwide... Maybe Facebook can be used as a weapon against those who attempt to use it as a weapon against Israel...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/13/facebook-page-calls-for-action-against-israeli-embassy-in-amman/

Facebook Page Calls for Action Against Israeli Embassy in Amman
By Jeremy A. Kaplan
Published September 13, 2011 | FoxNews.com

A Facebook page created over the weekend calls for a march Thursday targeting Israel's embassy in Amman, Jordan, just days after a similar protest in Cairo, Egypt, resulted in a 13-hour rampage that trashed the Israeli diplomatic compound there.

"Our motto: No Zionist embassy on Jordanian territory," the Facebook page reads. Nearly 2,500 people have pledged to attend the protest in Jordan, with Israeli news reports suggesting protestors could break into the embassy and take down the Israeli flag.
Related Video

Jordanian officials are said to be preparing for the worst. But Facebook, which has a clear policy against hate speech and violence, said the protest page conforms with the social network's terms of service, according to company spokesman Andrew Noyes.

"The page doesn’t violate our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook," he told FoxNews.com.

The page specifically calls for Jordanians to participate in a "Million Man March" aimed at shutting down the embassy. It does not explicitly call for violence, but rather for the people to carry Jordanian flags and banners.

Israeli officials are aware of the protest and have discussed the matter with their Jordanian counterparts in recent days, reported Ynetnews in Jerusalem. Jordan's security forces have boosted security around the embassy compound.

"Our interlocutors in Jordan are aware of the sensitivities," an Israeli official said Sunday. "We hope they will find a way to prevent violence against Israeli diplomats in Jordan," the Jerusalem news agency reported.

Of course I am only calling for legal protest against these evil countries {Egypt & Jordan}.... But if the buildings should burn to the ground it would be better...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Use Facebook as a Weapon
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 04:35:52 PM »
I am not a facebook user and I do not promote its usage. But since there are many here who do use facebook I am wondering if it would be too difficult to launch social campaigns similar to what the Jordanians are doing...

I just read that today there is a new facebook page calling for violence against the Israeli embassy in Jordan. We already know that the egyptians have used it in order to destroy the Israeli embassy in Cairo....

Maybe some brave JTFers should put up pages calling for mass demonstrations against the Egyptian and Jordianian embassies here in America, or worldwide... Maybe Facebook can be used as a weapon against those who attempt to use it as a weapon against Israel...

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/09/13/facebook-page-calls-for-action-against-israeli-embassy-in-amman/

Facebook Page Calls for Action Against Israeli Embassy in Amman
By Jeremy A. Kaplan
Published September 13, 2011 | FoxNews.com

A Facebook page created over the weekend calls for a march Thursday targeting Israel's embassy in Amman, Jordan, just days after a similar protest in Cairo, Egypt, resulted in a 13-hour rampage that trashed the Israeli diplomatic compound there.

"Our motto: No Zionist embassy on Jordanian territory," the Facebook page reads. Nearly 2,500 people have pledged to attend the protest in Jordan, with Israeli news reports suggesting protestors could break into the embassy and take down the Israeli flag.
Related Video

Jordanian officials are said to be preparing for the worst. But Facebook, which has a clear policy against hate speech and violence, said the protest page conforms with the social network's terms of service, according to company spokesman Andrew Noyes.

"The page doesn’t violate our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook," he told FoxNews.com.

The page specifically calls for Jordanians to participate in a "Million Man March" aimed at shutting down the embassy. It does not explicitly call for violence, but rather for the people to carry Jordanian flags and banners.

Israeli officials are aware of the protest and have discussed the matter with their Jordanian counterparts in recent days, reported Ynetnews in Jerusalem. Jordan's security forces have boosted security around the embassy compound.

"Our interlocutors in Jordan are aware of the sensitivities," an Israeli official said Sunday. "We hope they will find a way to prevent violence against Israeli diplomats in Jordan," the Jerusalem news agency reported.

Of course I am only calling for legal protest against these evil countries {Egypt & Jordan}.... But if the buildings should burn to the ground it would be better...

I agree.  Are there any facebook experts on this forum?

The IslamoNazi flashmobs need to have some sort of protective anti-mob movement.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »
Bump.   Anyone here good with facebook??

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
I barely use it. It's useful for commenting on articles where you can 'connect with facebook' rather than signing up for each newspaper/news web site, but most of its features are a mystery to me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 03:46:11 PM »
I do think that something must be done to counter the arab use of facebook as a weapon against Israel. There should be many issues which can be 'Million Man Marched' or whatever they call it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
I do think that something must be done to counter the arab use of facebook as a weapon against Israel. There should be many issues which can be 'Million Man Marched' or whatever they call it...

Million sand monkey poop fling?