Author Topic: Fast food chain McDavid to reopen in Israel  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Fast food chain McDavid to reopen in Israel
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000614804&fid=1725

Kosher fast food chain McDavid is returning to Israel. The chain operated in Israel in the 1980s and 1990s, before competition from MacDonald's and Burger King forced it out. McDavid will open its first branch in Upper Nazareth next week, and the chain's franchisee promises to open more branches across the country over the coming year.

McDavid is owned by Joseph Askar. The new Israeli franchisee, Nadav Karodo once owned a Burgeranch franchise.

McDavid said, "McDavid meets all state-of-the art standards of the fast food industry. With a little Israeli chutzpa, it will win its place as a worthy alternative for recreation at fast food chains."

The menu will include the Hot-David frankfurter, with self service condiments, a David Kids meal that includes a surprise, chicken wings in chili sauce, a spicy Mexican style hamburger, and a double schnitzel. All items can be made spicier at the customer's request. A regular meal will cost NIS 29.90.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Fast food chain McDavid to reopen in Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »
Is it kosher?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 01:21:32 PM »
I wonder if they have french fries

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
McDavid looks too much like McDonalds and they will be sued and have to change things or close down.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 02:43:26 PM »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 02:58:39 PM »
So Israel's innovation: "Let's copy a fat filled unhealthy fast food restaurant that the United States came up with. Gee...."

As far as I'm concerned, these fast food places are death traps...and early death and heart disease and cancer should not be considered kosher if it can be avoided.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 03:16:24 PM »
So Israel's innovation: "Let's copy a fat filled unhealthy fast food restaurant that the United States came up with. Gee...."

As far as I'm concerned, these fast food places are death traps...and early death and heart disease and cancer should not be considered kosher if it can be avoided.

One thing I noticed from studying a lot of different ways of eating that people have is that even some of the most restrictive diets can be made unhealthy. There's loads of unhealthy kosher stuff, loads of unhealthy vegan stuff, loads of unhealthy 'low fat' stuff. Even "Healthy Choice" frozen dinners are loaded with salt! Even if you go on a raw vegan diet you can still end up eating unhealthy stuff if certain foods are overeaten.

I think people should be able to eat 'unhealthy' foods every once in a while like once every few months without any real lasting risk to their health but the problem comes in when people use these types of places as a regular food source. I think the Supersize me movie said McDonalds refers to its regular customers as "heavy users". I think that's when you really see a big problem come in.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
One thing I noticed from studying a lot of different ways of eating that people have is that even some of the most restrictive diets can be made unhealthy. There's loads of unhealthy kosher stuff, loads of unhealthy vegan stuff, loads of unhealthy 'low fat' stuff. Even "Healthy Choice" frozen dinners are loaded with salt! Even if you go on a raw vegan diet you can still end up eating unhealthy stuff if certain foods are overeaten.

I think people should be able to eat 'unhealthy' foods every once in a while like once every few months without any real lasting risk to their health but the problem comes in when people use these types of places as a regular food source. I think the Supersize me movie said McDonalds refers to its regular customers as "heavy users". I think that's when you really see a big problem come in.

The other problem with these places are the additives they put in the foods to make them addictive..much like potato chips...you can't just have one.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
Is it kosher?

Kosher fast food chain McDavid is returning to Israel

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 04:24:29 PM »

Wow, I missed that one... I guess I'll blame the flu I have had the last few days for this oversight...

Thanks again for pointing this out..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
The other problem with these places are the additives they put in the foods to make them addictive..much like potato chips...you can't just have one.

I agree with that, that is a real problem. I know they put MSG in it but what are the other chemicals?

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 06:08:23 PM »
I use to love McDnalds...

Since ive seen super-size me- ive never looked at those 2 arches the same way ever again.

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »
I would rather be an owner of a cold stone cremery franchise in israel than an unhealthy fast food type of place

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »
I would rather be an owner of a cold stone cremery franchise in israel than an unhealthy fast food type of place

Cold stone isn't any better.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 09:56:42 PM »
Some of the dumbest people on earth work at Mcdonalds.

By the way, have you seen this:

:laugh:

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Some of the dumbest people on earth work at Mcdonalds.

By the way, have you seen this:

:laugh:

I'm Lovin' it!