Author Topic: More on Israel  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
More on Israel
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:34:45 AM »
I went to Hevron today. I was supposed to go on a tour there yesterday but it got cancelled. I took the Egged bus there and walked around.  I started at the Cave of the Machpela (sp?).  It was nice but not what I hoped for.  I did not know that the tombs were sealed off.  I met nice man there who implored me to leave the US and live in Israel.  Then I wanted to walk around and see the Jewish neighborhood and meet these wonderful people.  There seemed to be many run down buildings and I was never clear which neighborhood I was in. I was terrified of winding up in the wrong neighborhood.  I finally talked to a nice older woman who was waiting for a bus.  She told me to wear a Kippah (I had been wearing a cap) so if I did wander into the wrong neighborhood the soldiers would tell me to turn around.   With a grin she told me I could knock on Miriam Levinger's door, that she was probably home and would be happy to talk to me.  Did not pursue that. When I finally found a Jewish neighborhood the streets were so narrow that I was right on top of people's homes.  That made me a bit uncomfortable.  i wish the tour had not been cancelled.  Lots of abandoned buildings of Arabs tagged with stars of David and graffiti.  Not the cleanest city I have seen although I saw the Jews had recycling cans to keep their side decent.

Now I have not asked for political discussions but some have come my way. Today while I was trying to find things in Hevron a group of people with a guide went by.  The guide was speaking in English about how poorly the Palestinians were treated. I asked the people what their group was.  Nobody wanted to answer. One guy claimed not to speak English even though his guide was speaking English.

When I went with the guide who showed me outposts I aksed him if he knew of JTf. He was at least aware of it and only said it was not his cup of tea. He did not like the price tag operations and he was a former IDF special forces guy.  He had a friend (who I met, who asked me hopefully if other Americans thought like me, I had to tell him not many) who was in interlligence who had done amazing things that he only knew partially.  He did not like the idea of fighting with the IDF.  He said he would have been disappointed if the IDF had not been able to expel the Jews from Gush Katif, because while he opposed the expulsion it would have been worse if the IDF could not accomplish such a mission.

At the beach in Tel Aviv I met a fellow who railed against Americans owning guns. On the flight I met a couple who told me Jews were too racist against Blacks and that is why Jews are turning against Obama. While the illogic of that statement almost made the circuits in my brain short circuit, I asked him what about Black anti Semitism.  He did not really address that.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Re: More on Israel
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »
this is very commendable but Canada, trust me, will not send 1 soldier or shoot 1 bullet in defense of Israel. In general, Canadians are much more anti-Semitic and anti-Israel than Americans.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »
this is very commendable but Canada, trust me, will not send 1 soldier or shoot 1 bullet in defense of Israel. In general, Canadians are much more anti-Semitic and anti-Israel than Americans.

What does what SecularBeliever posted have to do with Canada?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »
I went to Hevron today. I was supposed to go on a tour there yesterday but it got cancelled. I took the Egged bus there and walked around.  I started at the Cave of the Machpela (sp?).  It was nice but not what I hoped for.  I did not know that the tombs were sealed off.  I met nice man there who implored me to leave the US and live in Israel.  Then I wanted to walk around and see the Jewish neighborhood and meet these wonderful people.  There seemed to be many run down buildings and I was never clear which neighborhood I was in. I was terrified of winding up in the wrong neighborhood.  I finally talked to a nice older woman who was waiting for a bus.  She told me to wear a Kippah (I had been wearing a cap) so if I did wander into the wrong neighborhood the soldiers would tell me to turn around.   With a grin she told me I could knock on Miriam Levinger's door, that she was probably home and would be happy to talk to me.  Did not pursue that. When I finally found a Jewish neighborhood the streets were so narrow that I was right on top of people's homes.  That made me a bit uncomfortable.  i wish the tour had not been cancelled.  Lots of abandoned buildings of Arabs tagged with stars of David and graffiti.  Not the cleanest city I have seen although I saw the Jews had recycling cans to keep their side decent.

Now I have not asked for political discussions but some have come my way. Today while I was trying to find things in Hevron a group of people with a guide went by.  The guide was speaking in English about how poorly the Palestinians were treated. I asked the people what their group was.  Nobody wanted to answer. One guy claimed not to speak English even though his guide was speaking English.

When I went with the guide who showed me outposts I aksed him if he knew of JTf. He was at least aware of it and only said it was not his cup of tea. He did not like the price tag operations and he was a former IDF special forces guy.  He had a friend (who I met, who asked me hopefully if other Americans thought like me, I had to tell him not many) who was in interlligence who had done amazing things that he only knew partially.  He did not like the idea of fighting with the IDF.  He said he would have been disappointed if the IDF had not been able to expel the Jews from Gush Katif, because while he opposed the expulsion it would have been worse if the IDF could not accomplish such a mission.

At the beach in Tel Aviv I met a fellow who railed against Americans owning guns. On the flight I met a couple who told me Jews were too racist against Blacks and that is why Jews are turning against Obama. While the illogic of that statement almost made the circuits in my brain short circuit, I asked him what about Black anti Semitism.  He did not really address that.
And this is what we are dealing with. These mindsets are 75% of the nation of Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
And you, who goes crazy whenever anyone criticizes the Soviets in WWII, know this because?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »
A coouple of other political notes of interest.  My great Israeli nationalist friend who currently lives in my town, told me about a unique Synagogue in Jerusalem, an Irgunist Synagogue.  Last Shabbat I went there.  The people were extremely welcoming and nice.  Their leader, who I had been told about by my frined, was exceotionally welcoming.  He made some remarks in Hebrew, which I am still weak in, but it was in great praise of Nethanyahu's speech.  He told me that Nethanyahu was G-d's greatest gift to the Jewish people since Moshe Rabeinu.  I had to politely disagree.

The young Yemenite lady, who I mentioned in my other thread who I thought might be a good match for my nationalist friend, was showing me and her twoo European women friends around the Galilee and Golan.  I asked if the land we were on was in pre 67 Israel or had been captured in the war.  She just said," I don't care about 67 or 73 it all belongs to the Jews.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 02:15:17 AM »
What does what SecularBeliever posted have to do with Canada?

I posted to the wrong thread, sorry.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 02:18:03 AM »
And you, who goes crazy whenever anyone criticizes the Soviets in WWII, know this because?
what was your old nick? I don't know who you are or what Soviets in WWII has to do with this post
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:29 AM »
what was your old nick? I don't know who you are or what Soviets in WWII has to do with this post

Dr Brennen Fan was his nic for a long time...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 02:45:39 AM »
Dr Brennen Fan was his nic for a long time...
Is this the Chaim Fan?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »

Thank you, Secular Believer, for having taken the time to describe your experience to us. It was really worth reading.