Author Topic: Anybody watch the GOP debates?  (Read 1054 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Anybody watch the GOP debates?
« on: October 19, 2011, 04:50:36 PM »
I noticed two interesting things.

1)  Perry was horrible, and should be nowhere NEAR the oval office

2)  Bachman and Newt were very impressive. (I know Newt is a Rino)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Anybody watch the GOP debates?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
I couldn't watch them I had to go to work.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »
I watched the starting 15 minutes on youtube. It seemed like Cain and his 9-9-9 plan took over the debate.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:08:32 AM »
Watched the whole thing and it was entertaining.  Romney did the best followed by newt.  Perry got booed a lot.

After this performance, I think Romney would do the best in a biased debate with Obama.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54:08 AM »
Watched the whole thing and it was entertaining.  Romney did the best followed by newt.  Perry got booed a lot.

After this performance, I think Romney would do the best in a biased debate with Obama.
I watched it also... Yes I agree... Once again Cain got caught with his foot in his mouth over a prior interview where he said he would exchange muslim detainees for U.S prisoners... He claims he misspoke and might not have understood the question... It must be like that apple and orange thing he likes to talk about... The media seemed to accept his restatement however if it were Romney or one of the others the media might not have been as forgiving.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:47:46 AM »
After this debate, I'm thinking if jumping on the Romney band wagon.  So long add he doesn't flip flip like Perry has or not answer questions properly like Bachmann and many others haven't.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »
After this debate, I'm thinking if jumping on the Romney band wagon.  So long add he doesn't flip flip like Perry has or not answer questions properly like Bachmann and many others haven't.

Is Romney much better than Obama.  And while I have nothing against his Mormonism millions of Christians do.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 01:50:22 PM »
Apparently Cain is leading in Iowa right now: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_primary-1588.html

How awesome would it be if Mittens and Ricardo both lose Iowa after spending so much money there and having so many staffers?
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:53:55 PM »

Yes, its unfortunate that the Rino's are the best debaters... but again... I really liked Bachman.  I sure wish she was a contender.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »
Yes, its unfortunate that the Rino's are the best debaters... but again... I really liked Bachman.  I sure wish she was a contender.

While I like Bachmann, she didn't answer the questions half the time. However she did much better than in the past.

Unfortunately, the people that are supposed to represent true conservatives do a terrible job defending themselves and debating.  I think it is this way because they themselves don't even believe UN conservative issues enough

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »
Of course RINOs are great debaters. They lie and tell you what you wanna hear.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Romney's attack on Cain's 9-9-9 plan were on the mark. Cain's plan would institute a new Sales tax in states like New Hampshire, which have no state sales tax. Cain's slick one liners won't get him out of this one when New Hampshire voters get wind of this, and decide they don't want a sales tax.

Perry made a huge mistake attacking Romney on immigration, when Perry himself is weak on immigration.
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 04:52:47 PM »
Yes, I watched all the debates, except the one held by Bloomberg News, which I couldn't get, but Newt, Cain, Bachmann, and Santorum scored the highest in my book.  Romney is another slicker in a suit, I just don't trust him, and Perry didn't do so well.  When (Perry) sticks to the facts about Romney though, I would rather vote for Perry, Romney is a RINO, and he may have some bizare things in store for America, if he gets elected.