Author Topic: Write to El Presidente And Your Congress Critters Regarding This Amnesty!  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Here's a letter that a friend of mine sent out:

Dear Mr. President:

A short recap of how I understand this bill:  all this talk of fines, taxes, etc.  That only applies if they want to become US citizens, right?  So, in other words, all 12-20 million become LEGAL (amnesty for lawbreakers) at the stroke of the signing pen.  And that loud sucking sound you will hear shortly thereafter will be 12-20 MORE million illegals coming across to do the jobs the previous 12-20 million no longer want to do because they are now legal.

But humor me anyway and answer a very simple “yes” or“no” to the following.........is there any truth to the following:

1. The bill awards amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.

2. The bill is a favor to Mexico’s Government —it follows the U.S.-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement.

3. It cuts border security in half.  Last Congress we promised the American people 700 miles of fence and today only two miles of that fence have been constructed. What’s even more troubling is that this new amnesty sellout is going to cut that border security promise in half to less than 400miles of fence.

4. The bill’s total cost?  Trillions (with a“T”), the amount the Heritage Foundation’s President, Robert Rector, estimates as the total cost of the bill.

5. The bill requires no assimilation — there is no requirement that illegal immigrants know a word of English to get amnesty.

6. It fails to address anchor babies.  For a so-called ‘comprehensive’fix, this legislation fails to address the major problem of illegal immigrants crossing our borders to have children that become automatic U.S. citizens.

7. The bill gives amnesty for absconders and gang members —dangerous criminals and repeat offenders

8. It invites fraud with the Z visas and creates a false sense of security

9. The bill reduces job opportunities for working class Americans

10. The bill creates the LARGEST single increase in the government welfare state in American history.  Illegal immigrants will get Social Security numbers, which will in turn permit them to use entitlement programs available to law-abiding Americans.

But then again, I doubt anyone has all the answers since this is already a bill of over 400 pages and no one has read the entire thing yet have they?

Sincerely yours,  “A peon American who listens to talk radioand came here LEGALLY but obviously still does not understand the nuances of language when it comes to forgiving criminals and then not calling it “amnesty.””