Author Topic: How the Jews suffered in the Middle Ages  (Read 2551 times)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
How the Jews suffered in the Middle Ages
« on: November 09, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »
"The Jewish Parliament was summoned to approve every new tax the king demanded. The main purpose of the Parliament was to make the leading men in the Jewish community insurers for the full collection of the tallage-a revival of the old Roman decurion system. If the king became impatient and wanted to speed up the collection process, he would imprison the richest Jews and their families in the Bloody Tower. Once the kings of England discovered how easy it was to assess and collect the tallage from the Jews, the Crown's revenue needs were ....King John, for example, ordered a wealthy Jew, Abraham of Bristol, to pay him ten thousand marks (a mark was eight ounces of silver). When man refused, John ordered his tax collector to extract one tooth every day until payment is made. After seven days, and seven teeth, the assessment was paid. After that, Abraham committed suicide. King Edward, in 1290, ordered the Jews to leave England, partly because they were no longer "valuable property". For sixty years Jewish community was plundered until the Jews were a destitute people..."

There is much more but because I need to type this myself if other members are interested in history of Jewish people I can continue....or start from similar events in Egypt and so on..
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: How the Jews suffered in the Middle Ages
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 01:17:21 AM »
Yes, that's what Gentiles love talking about... Jewish suffering

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:31:15 AM »
I think it is good that there are non-Jews who are interested in the history of the Jewish peoples suffering. Of course that is to learn this history with the intention of never again repeating it. Those of us which a good Jewish education already have learned about much of the history of Jewish oppression and the scourge of antisemitism.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:34:43 AM »
Good documentary on Jewish history

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 07:13:36 AM »
"In the Middle Ages the Jews played a crucial role in Western civilization. Modern capitalism and banking probably developed out of Jewish money and commercial practices. In addition, the Jews carried the torch of learning and knowledge through this difficult period. The wisdom of the ancients-whether Hebrew, Greek, or Roman-was preserved through the Dark Ages by the Jewish community. The learned men of that period were found in the synagogues, no the monasteries. It may be a surprise to some readers that medival Jewish society was classified by education, not wealth; the Jews were scholars first and merchants second."

There are many passages that involved Jews with history of banking, why they were good at it, and many other things. Not just about Jewish suffering. This is a last post on this topic by me.

In five years here there was a very few topics about Jewish history and while studying it I found myself not knowing a basics. It is the shame and wasted time and I believe this topic would develop to the great discussion about history of Jewish people, their successes, suffering, revolts... 

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »

The fact that there has been so much suffering and persecution and yet the Jews are still there and still believe in Judaism is inspiring and something to admire. Of course all the glory goes to God for helping them but it's still amazing and something that proves, I think, that God is real more than any other type of evidence I know of.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:52 PM »
I don't understand why people think Jews were only good with money, all of my dads family were farmers in bukovina Romania and played a important role in supplying food for the economy, they were also tailors. My dads family moved to America in the 1800s and built and maintained farms in Wisconsin successfully? They also served in the military in Romania.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:57 PM »

Ron,

You have no evidence at all that Serbian Army expresses the sentiment that you expressed.  That's your idea that came from your mouth, not from Serbian Army's.  You don't have to respond to people on the English forum like you have a permanent chip on your shoulder.  You were doing better for a good period of time on the English forum and now you are acting as if you are G-d, condemning everyone and speaking extremely irresponsibly about loyal members.  I wonder how I would feel if I were a non-Jew on this forum and had to be the object of your bashing.  You are not being a good Jew by attacking people who haven't done one thing to you.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:13 PM »
Jtfe2, you're exactly right
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »
Serbian "army" supports Qaddafi and Nazi Libya

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 10:51:37 PM »
Serbian "army" supports Qaddafi and Nazi Libya

so be more effective in proving him wrong instead of degrading him... you might make more friends that way.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 11:26:42 PM »
Why don't you provide some links? 

As far as I know, no one here is pro-Kaddafi (or however the heck he spelled his name).  Maybe he was worried that the Libyan government would be worse than what was there before.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »
I feel like they murdered member of my family. He was probably the greatest African hero that ever lived.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:31 PM »
Why don't you provide some links? 

As far as I know, no one here is pro-Kaddafi (or however the heck he spelled his name).  Maybe he was worried that the Libyan government would be worse than what was there before.

Serbian army did say this and in fact many serbians only rooted for quaddafi because he stood up to the UN and NATO.

I think it is very bad idea and that opinion is very wrong. Qadaffi was a nazi anti semite...nobody should support him from this forum.

I'll add another one.  Coon stated that he would sit out an election that was Romney vs. Obama because having a Rhino as president is just as bad (and I"m paraphrasing).  Again, insanity...

but instead of calling each other names and cursing...debate...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 04:22:10 AM »
Serbian army did say this and in fact many serbians only rooted for quaddafi because he stood up to the UN and NATO.

I think it is very bad idea and that opinion is very wrong. Qadaffi was a nazi anti semite...nobody should support him from this forum.

I'll add another one.  Coon stated that he would sit out an election that was Romney vs. Obama because having a Rhino as president is just as bad (and I"m paraphrasing).  Again, insanity...

but instead of calling each other names and cursing...debate...

It's not "wrong". It's outright anti-Semitism.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 05:03:05 AM »
If you think qaddafi was bad wait ill you see the new potentates in Libya.Any Arab that obama hussein supports is worse then the the previous one
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »

Well you raise a good point here, Ron.  Since this is one statement, personally, I would like to better understand the context of this or why he felt this way about Qaddafi.  It doesn't mean I will agree or think Serbian army is correct, but I have seen Serbian Army on this forum and I have seen many many many more statements that lead me to think that he is pro-Jewish.  I think that there is a reason for his statement, not that we should agree, but that as someone who has supported the Jewish people many times here, that we should want to understand his thought process on this before anyone condemns him

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 10:06:58 AM »
I think Ron is right on this one. If Serbian Army really wrote about Kaddafi that "I feel like they murdered member of my family. He was probably the greatest African hero that ever lived", that's really crazy and disgusting. Kaddafi was a cruel, despicable man.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:29:59 AM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. False accusations and the distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 11:32:24 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia

Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. False accusations and the distrust of others also frequently accompany paranoia.

And your point is ?
As far as I'm concerned, I was astounded that Serbian Army loved Kaddafi so much that he could say : "I feel like they murdered member of my family". That said, I have nothing against Serbian Army and, from what I know, he is a long-standing good member of this forum. Perhaps he could explain why he said that ?

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 12:27:14 PM »
And your point is ?
As far as I'm concerned, I was astounded that Serbian Army loved Kaddafi so much that he could say : "I feel like they murdered member of my family". That said, I have nothing against Serbian Army and, from what I know, he is a long-standing good member of this forum. Perhaps he could explain why he said that ?
What is there to explain? Is it normal to attack a member who opened the thread about certain historical events with kind of a thing that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread? Moamer El Gaddafi as a "cause" of paranoid accusation in the topic about historical suffering of Jews in the middle ages.
If it's not sad it would be funny.

But considering that Gaddafi, when he's already mentioned, of course you can't understand if you look at "G-d given state to rule the world"(as Romney stated) as the protector and savior of Israel instead of living G-d. If you accept that way of thinking according to Uncle Sam(its oil, military, farmaceutical, media and political cartels) without any critical review, then it will be difficult to understand.
I really don't want to go into dissuasion about the attack on Gaddafi in this topic, but here is one hint about it, among many others. Oil companies from UK,FRA,ITA(don't know about USA) did use Libyan oil and had contracts with the state on the use of oil. 2012 was the year when those contracts expires and companies go out of business because Gaddafi has refused to extend contracts and they reached the time for payment of remaining debt to Libya. We cannot check how much was that, but many people in my country, who were well aware of the situation of Libyan economy, say that it was about 200 billion US dollars.
That's enough to understand what and why just happened in Libya. Plus, to add on that, Gaddafi refused to be addicted on global drugs(loans and debts) and refused to create Al-Qaeda led sharia country. As an independent player(may be cruel, or this and that...but certainly independent) he was not acceptable to NWO creators. And he was removed.
We appreciate very much those who fight for liberty and do not want to bow down. Our identity and history is built on such values - fight for absolute freedom. That's why Gaddafi was supported by huge majority of Serbian nation.

Very soon you shall see the consequences of the "Arab spring" led by US and EU services.

PS
It is very stupid to accuse some Serbian member of this forum to be "antisemitic". I can tell you, whoever is antisemitic among the Serbian nation, you can be assured such people will never come here. They spend time on StørmFrønt and similar sites. So, accusations in such manner are absolutely paranoid. I have nothing else to say.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 12:35:46 PM by Kerber »

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
What is there to explain? Is it normal to attack a member who opened the thread about certain historical events with kind of a thing that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread? Moamer El Gaddafi as a "cause" of paranoid accusation in the topic about historical suffering of Jews in the middle ages.

You have a point; although your accusation of "paranoia" is disputable (it's not paranoia if you think there is a precedent).

But considering that Gaddafi, when he's already mentioned, of course you can't understand if you look at "G-d given state to rule the world"(as Romney stated) as the protector and savior of Israel instead of living G-d. If you accept that way of thinking according to Uncle Sam(it's oil, military, farmaceutical, media and political cartels) without any critical review, then it will be difficult to understand.
I really don't want to go into dissuasion about the attack on Gaddafi in this topic, but here is one hint about it, among many others. Oil companies from UK,FRA,ITA(don't know about USA) did use Libyan oil and had contracts with the state on the use of oil. 2012 was the year when those contracts expires and companies go out of business because Gaddafi has refused to extend contracts and they reached the time for payment of remaining debt to Libya. We cannot check how much was that, but many people in my country, who were well aware of the situation of Libyan economy, say that it was about 200 billion US dollars.
That's enough to understand what and why just happened in Libya. Plus, to add on that, Gaddafi refused to be addicted on global drugs(loans and debts) and refused to create Al-Qaeda led sharia country. As an independent player(may be cruel, or this and that...but certainly independent) he was not acceptable to NWO creators. And he was removed. ]

Very soon you shall see the consequences of the "Arab spring" led by US and EU services.

PS
It is very stupid to accuse some Serbian member of this forum to be "antisemitic". I can tell you, whoever is antisemitic among the Serbian nation, you can be assured such people will never come here. They spent time on StørmFrønt and similar sites. So, accusations in such manner are absolutely paranoid. I have nothing else to say.

I share your opposition to the war in Lybia. But for different reasons because I have serious reservations about the NWO conspiracy theory. And I still find it crazy to make a declaration of love for someone like Kaddafi.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »
I can tell you, whoever is antisemitic among the Serbian nation, you can be assured such people will never come here. They spend time on StørmFrønt and similar sites. So, accusations in such manner are absolutely paranoid. I have nothing else to say.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 01:33:10 PM »
Kerber

Thank you for at least explaining this point of view.

I want you to be aware that all of us here on JTF know what will replace Qaddafi.  We did not support him nor the "freedom fighters".  If anything our position has always been, "let anti semite muslim nazis kill each other for all we care and let's not involve our money or our troops in saving any of them."

Our other position when it comes down to choosing Muslim Nazi leadership is to have a leader that is honest and says he hates Jews in both English and Arabic rather than lie in one language to sound peaceful and in another sound murderous.

As far as Libya was concerned, we hope that the new leadership will be more oppressive to its own people to lead to them suffer more and have more civil wars.  We are not happy that the US and NATO wasted resources to do something here.  However, we are happy that a big nazi was killed.

The problem which you describe about NWO and expiring oil contracts is definitely legitimate and we all should be aware and annoyed that these things happen in the world for reasons of greed.  However, there is another counter point I want to make with this.  It's either us or them.  I will tell you that if the shoe were in the other foot, they would blackmail and attack us and maybe even be more brutal than us.

And other thing, it is a mistake to think of Qaddafi a "hero" or "family member" for standing up to NATO and the NWO, in as much as evil as they all are.  Have ever heard of the concept, "my enemies enemy is my friend"?  Well, as we saw in WWII, that isn't necessarily true....my enemy's enemy doesn't necessarily make him my friend.  And the Muslim fanatic nazis are much more dangerous today than the NWO and NATO from my perspective.  But again, from yours or Serbian Army's perspective, I can understand why NATO and the NWO would be more dangerous to your nation.

But considering that Gaddafi, when he's already mentioned, of course you can't understand if you look at "G-d given state to rule the world"(as Romney stated) as the protector and savior of Israel instead of living G-d. If you accept that way of thinking according to Uncle Sam(its oil, military, farmaceutical, media and political cartels) without any critical review, then it will be difficult to understand.
That's enough to understand what and why just happened in Libya. Plus, to add on that, Gaddafi refused to be addicted on global drugs(loans and debts) and refused to create Al-Qaeda led sharia country. As an independent player(may be cruel, or this and that...but certainly independent) he was not acceptable to NWO creators. And he was removed.
We appreciate very much those who fight for liberty and do not want to bow down. Our identity and history is built on such values - fight for absolute freedom. That's why Gaddafi was supported by huge majority of Serbian nation.

PS
It is very stupid to accuse some Serbian member of this forum to be "antisemitic". I can tell you, whoever is antisemitic among the Serbian nation, you can be assured such people will never come here. They spend time on StørmFrønt and similar sites. So, accusations in such manner are absolutely paranoid. I have nothing else to say.