Author Topic: IDF VS settlers  (Read 10545 times)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: IDF VS settlers
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
Yaakov Mendel is a good Jew. The people who are attacking him are insane.

Thank you DBF (that's the name I still associate you with !), I sincerely appreciate your words because I know they are genuine.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 03:23:39 PM »
I don't think insulting member's wives is a way to make the forum grow. I think some of you folks that crossed over here from the Hebrew forum are just trying your best to sabotage this board and hurting people in the process.

Unlike Goyim which can be insulting or not based on context, I've never seen anyone use the word 'shiksa' except to be insulting.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »
I have nothing against Yaakov and believe he is a good Jew.... But I must say that intermarriage is a very grave problem for the Jewish people. It is nothing to be 'proud' about and certainly something for which a Jew must feel bad about. I know this from personal experience {as some here know}... But Jews, especially those who expect to be observant and keep Hashems commandments, must not marry non-Jewish women. I am lucky that I did not have any children from my marriage with a non-Jew.... I was divorced in 2003....

My entire family has been destroyed by intermarriage {Jewish wise}...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 03:30:12 PM »
Uhhh yes. That's like saying i'm an American citizen I wave the American flag, go to BBQ on the 4th of July, eat turkey on thanksgiving, but I cheat on my taxes, rob people, don't follow the rules of the country (the constitution), and do other illegal things. BUT BUT BUT I'm a proud American.
 I never  called her a "shiksa cow". Just a shiksa, and you can believe me or not, but when I said shiksa I didn't have anything negative in mind (on her, at least). He took shiksa negatively and you are even now adding cow (LOL). But from what I know Shiksa is a non-Jewess. Just like Goy is a non-Jew.
  And about people not being observant is concerned. (maybe) fine. It is between you and G-D, but why bragg about it on the forum, or anywhere else for that matter. For example lets say someone eats pig. The fact they ate pig is already terrible. But then to eat pig and tell others about it and how you love it, and encourage others to then not see it as much of a crime is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse then the original crime of eating your pig. At least do it in private if your that much not in control.  

1) Lisa didn't accuse you of using the expression "shiksa cow", it wasn't you that she was referring to.

2) For the last time, I never bragged about violating mitzvot, nor did I ever attack orthodox Jews, so why not leave this futile controversy and move on to something more constructive ?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 03:30:55 PM »
I don't think insulting member's wives is a way to make the forum grow. I think some of you folks that crossed over here from the Hebrew forum are just trying your best to sabotage this board and hurting people in the process.

Unlike Goyim which can be insulting or not based on context, I've never seen anyone use the word 'shiksa' except to be insulting.
True Goy means nation even Jews are called Goy Gadol a big Nation .[Actually there are only about 13 million in the world] but shiksa isn't even a Hebrew term i don't know the translation but I'm pretty sure it's derogatory
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »
@Tag Mahir, I was not referring to you when I wrote about Yaakov's wife being called a "shiksa cow."  It was another member who did so in a private message. 

Also, I have never ever seen Yaakov bragging about not being observant, etc.  From what I've seen, he just mentioned that not being especially observant, which is not the same as bragging.  So can we please all let this go? 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
@Tag Mahir, I was not referring to you when I wrote about Yaakov's wife being called a "shiksa cow."  It was another member who did so in a private message. 

Also, I have never ever seen Yaakov bragging about not being observant, etc.  From what I've seen, he just mentioned that not being especially observant, which is not the same as bragging.  So can we please all let this go? 

And tag machir, I completely read yaacov's comment on a locked thread out of context. He never mentioned being proud of anything unjewish.  Completely my bad that I claimed that he did. 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiksa

Derivation

The word shiksa is etymologically partly derived from the Hebrew term שקץ, sheketz, which means "abomination", "impure," or "object of loathing", depending on the translator.[3]

Several dictionaries define "shiksa" as a disparaging and offensive term applied to a non-Jewish girl or woman.[4]

In polish language "siksa" (pronounced "s'eeksa") is a popular pejorative word for an immature young girl or teenage girl, as it is a conflation between the Yiddish term and usage of the Polish verb "sikać" ("to piss", "to urinate"). It means "pisspants" and is roughly equivalent to the English terms "snot-nosed brat", "little squirt", or "kid".[5]

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:46 PM »
But I must say that intermarriage is a very grave problem for the Jewish people.

I don't deny that (as you probably remember from previous discussions). I never said that other Jews should do like me. But the root of the problem lies in the lack of Jewish education. Like many other Jews in my generation, I grew up in an assimilated family, both my parents were atheists, and I had almost no connection to Judaism during all these years. So no wonder that when I met a wonderful young woman in my early twenties, it didn't bother me that she was not Jewish.  

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 03:58:17 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiksa

Derivation

The word shiksa is etymologically partly derived from the Hebrew term שקץ, sheketz, which means "abomination", "impure," or "object of loathing", depending on the translator.[3]

Several dictionaries define "shiksa" as a disparaging and offensive term applied to a non-Jewish girl or woman.[4]

In polish language "siksa" (pronounced "s'eeksa") is a popular pejorative word for an immature young girl or teenage girl, as it is a conflation between the Yiddish term and usage of the Polish verb "sikać" ("to piss", "to urinate"). It means "pisspants" and is roughly equivalent to the English terms "snot-nosed brat", "little squirt", or "kid".[5]

I never knew it had Heb i thought it was slavic or Eastern  European it's derogatory anyhow
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 04:05:41 PM »
One more thing.

I've never ever bragged about not being as religious as some of the other Jews here.  I only mention it when the topic comes up, or when it has come up before.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »
Mord its Kadosh, not Gadol. I'm pretty sure it wasn't referring to numbers, because even then G-D says its not because you are a numerous nation that I choose you.
  Lisa didn't say you bragged,
 And Dr. Dan I did see it in the locked thread as well. (Cant see it now b/c its not here) but when I saw what he wrote about being in love with his "non-Jewish" wife, all I said is I understand the 4th philosophy attacking him.
 Whatever, I'm not going to change his mind (at least not now), soo I'm not getting involved. But its definitely a huge problem, and is the silent holocaust. (Bigger then the one 60 years ago). And Thank G-D I don't have anyone assimilated in my family- And I come from a family and culture of Proud Jews. (Sefardi Baby).  
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 04:34:50 PM »
Yea I saw that. The part where he says his father isn't Jewish, well, thats not his fault (and he still is Jewish by Halacha) but where he goes on to bragg how he married a shiksa, I understand why fourth Philosophy would attack him because of that.

It seems you have been following the forum quite intensively before finally signing up with this catchy named account. Interesting.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
It seems you have been following the forum quite intensively before finally signing up with this catchy named account. Interesting.

Umm he said that yesterday (both statements) and it was locked and away. I don't know who he or you are.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
Mord its Kadosh, not Gadol. I'm pretty sure it wasn't referring to numbers, because even then G-D says its not because you are a numerous nation that I choose you.
  Lisa didn't say you bragged,
 And Dr. Dan I did see it in the locked thread as well. (Cant see it now b/c its not here) but when I saw what he wrote about being in love with his "non-Jewish" wife, all I said is I understand the 4th philosophy attacking him.
 Whatever, I'm not going to change his mind (at least not now), soo I'm not getting involved. But its definitely a huge problem, and is the silent holocaust. (Bigger then the one 60 years ago). And Thank G-D I don't have anyone assimilated in my family- And I come from a family and culture of Proud Jews. (Sefardi Baby).  

One step at a time for all Jews with religiosity.  Yaacov is a good Jew and improving everyday hopefully.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 05:02:18 PM »
when I saw what he wrote about being in love with his "non-Jewish" wife, all I said is I understand the 4th philosophy attacking him.

Do you consider it a crime to love someone who is not Jewish ? Do you think that non-Jews are not worthy of being loved ?

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
Do you consider it a crime to love someone who is not Jewish ? Do you think that non-Jews are not worthy of being loved ?

Not romantically. You can love and honor a Noahide (a righteous Gentile). 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 05:32:12 PM »
So Ron, are those Christians in Europe who sheltered/saved Jews during WWII not righteous?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »

Like 4th said- Not romantically. Its another would be Jewish family lost.
   Not worthy of being loved?
 A Jew is required to love religious Jews who share in his/her commitment to Torah and Mitzwoth. Definitly not non-Jews. Can and should respect others. Thats for sure, but reserve the loving to Torah-observant Jews. Also maybe Jews who aren't that much Torah observant but try to do the right thing. (This is a big discussion I know Rabbi Kahane brings this down, maybe ill find it in Or Harayon later, also Rambam and R' Yosef Karo talk about it as well)- That is about sinners and which type of sins and how one does them. For example if it is desire and someone fell into it. For example eating pork. It is a crime, but how one comes to it is different between people. 1 person could be eating non-kosher beef because its cheaper or he was very hungry and couldn't hold himself, or it tastes better, and if he had the chance he would be eating only kosher instead. That is a sinner but in a lower level then the person who has both kosher and non-kosher in front of him, all the same and he specifically chooses the non-kosher one. (Obviously this is only an example, but my point is that their are different levels of "sin" even the same exact act has different levels- intentions and damages) And their are distinguishes between how the person commits these crimes.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »
This is also very much addressed here
Prayer for the Wicked    

Do you have an obligation to pray for your brother who falls ill?  Is he still "your brother" if he is a rebel who violates the Torah?  There is good reason to rejoice when an evil person dies.  It's not always right to love.  Dysfunctional Jews don't know how to hate their enemy.

Download the Shiur

Source Sheet:  Should You Pray for an Evil Person Who Falls Ill?

Source Sheet:  Practical Guide to Love & Hatred

"YOU THAT LOVE HASHEM — HATE EVIL!" (Tehillim 97:10)

http://machonshilo.org/en/eng/list-audio-shiurim/41-audiohalakha/501-prayer-for-the-wicked

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 06:03:20 PM »
Like 4th said- Not romantically. Its another would be Jewish family lost.
   Not worthy of being loved?
 A Jew is required to love religious Jews who share in his/her commitment to Torah and Mitzwoth. Definitly not non-Jews. Can and should respect others. Thats for sure, but reserve the loving to Torah-observant Jews. Also maybe Jews who aren't that much Torah observant but try to do the right thing. (This is a big discussion I know Rabbi Kahane brings this down, maybe ill find it in Or Harayon later, also Rambam and R' Yosef Karo talk about it as well)- That is about sinners and which type of sins and how one does them. For example if it is desire and someone fell into it. For example eating pork. It is a crime, but how one comes to it is different between people. 1 person could be eating non-kosher beef because its cheaper or he was very hungry and couldn't hold himself, or it tastes better, and if he had the chance he would be eating only kosher instead. That is a sinner but in a lower level then the person who has both kosher and non-kosher in front of him, all the same and he specifically chooses the non-kosher one. (Obviously this is only an example, but my point is that their are different levels of "sin" even the same exact act has different levels- intentions and damages) And their are distinguishes between how the person commits these crimes.

So do you think that the only right thing to do for someone like me would be to leave my wife and my children in order to marry a Jewish woman ?

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2011, 06:05:16 PM »
If the loss of a Jewish family is the sin, then is someone who never marries and never has children sinful?
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
So do you think that the only right thing to do for someone like me would be to leave my wife and my children in order to marry a Jewish woman ?

Maybe its not the only possibility available. I don't know I'm not a Rabbi. But definitely a Jew can't be with a non-Jew. And Halahically (that is legally by Jewish law) a (Jewish) man who gets a non-Jewess pregnant, the children aren't even his (halahically). Talk to your local Orthodox Rabbi. Their are options, even where one can be with that person but the status of the person changes from non-Jew to a Jew.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2011, 06:20:44 PM »
Maybe its not the only possibility available. I don't know I'm not a Rabbi. But definitely a Jew can't be with a non-Jew. And Halahically (that is legally by Jewish law) a (Jewish) man who gets a non-Jewess pregnant, the children aren't even his (halahically). Talk to your local Orthodox Rabbi. Their are options, even where one can be with that person but the status of the person changes from non-Jew to a Jew.

I know the Halacha. I am not such an ignoramus on Judaism. I wanted to know your personal judgement on this moral dilemna if you have any. What would YOU do in this position ?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2011, 06:23:51 PM »
Or another solution instead of the local Rabbi, first email Rav Bar Chaim Shalitta. He is very logical and exact in the Halacha (Very trustworthy and able to bring the correct Halacha and solution).
 Find his info. @ Machonshilo.org

- And
"If the loss of a Jewish family is the sin, then is someone who never marries and never has children sinful?"

Perhaps I didn't say in clearly. Its not the ONLY sin. Being with a non-Jew is a sin in itself. And you are correct (partially). If someone (a man actually) never was married and never had children and never wants to or wanted to have children it is a big sin. If someone tries, or is planning in the future (because can't at the moment- like $ problems, or other issues- school, etc.) its 1 thing, but to never get married and never want to get married like some just want to hang at clubs and thats it "not settle down" it is a big problem and big sin as well.
 Even King Hezkiyahu who saw with Holy Spirit (Ruah Hakodesh) that he was going to have a bad son, was almost punished for it. The Prophet Isaya came to him and said you will die and not live. (Die in this world and not live in the next) because you aren't and dont want to have children. Even though he was righteous and was doing soo for a good reason. To make things short he repented and G-D gave him 15 more years.