Author Topic: Yoel Lerner -anyone familiar with this hero?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Yoel Lerner -anyone familiar with this hero?
« on: November 17, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
 This is his resume (found on Wiki)
Yoel Lerner

In October 1982 Yoel Lerner, a member of Meir Kahane's Kach, attempted to blow up the Dome of the Rock in order to rebuild the Temple Mount site.[8]:45 He was sentenced to two and a half years in prison. Mark Juergensmeyer identified him as a Jewish religious terrorist, writing that he "yearned for a Jewish society in Israel. He hoped for the restoration of the ancient temple in Jerusalem, the exclusive right of Jews to settle on the West Bank of the Jordan River, and the creation of a state based on biblical law."[8]:45 Lerner had previously served a three year sentence for heading a group that plotted to overthrow the government and establish a state based upon religious law.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Yoel Lerner -anyone familiar with this hero?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »
This is his resume (found on Wiki)
Yoel Lerner

In October 1982 Yoel Lerner, a member of Meir Kahane's Kach, attempted to blow up the Dome of the Rock in order to rebuild the Temple Mount site.[8]:45 He was sentenced to two and a half years in prison. Mark Juergensmeyer identified him as a Jewish religious terrorist, writing that he "yearned for a Jewish society in Israel. He hoped for the restoration of the ancient temple in Jerusalem, the exclusive right of Jews to settle on the West Bank of the Jordan River, and the creation of a state based on biblical law."[8]:45 Lerner had previously served a three year sentence for heading a group that plotted to overthrow the government and establish a state based upon religious law.

Good question for ask jtf
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
Good question for ask jtf

Just put it on.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »
I remember that.  A Conservative Rabbi who knew I was a Kahanist made a point of pressing me as to what I thought of it.  I told him, I did not know much about it, but from what he was describing I liked it.  Part of that was to get his goat, I actually liked the guy.  Today, I would probably say it was a bad idea.  All he accomplished was geting himself put in prison and convincing people that we were nuts.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 06:46:32 PM »
All he accomplished was geting himself put in prison and convincing people that we were nuts.

Not exactly. He does a lot more (from what I searched today)
 http://malchut-israel.com/lishka.htm#yoel

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 12:28:08 AM »
I remember the even but thats all !

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:09 AM »
Not exactly. He does a lot more (from what I searched today)
 http://malchut-israel.com/lishka.htm#yoel

I was referring to his attempt to bomb the Dome.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.