Author Topic: Dvar Torah  (Read 935 times)

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Dvar Torah
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:00:57 PM »
Now that there will be no more Dvar Torahs on Ask JTF I dont know where im gonna get a kahanist perspective on next weeks parsha im so bummed right now you guys have no idea. :'(

Please help.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Dvar Torah
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »
Oh, why are there no more dvar Torahs?  (I havent heard this week's show)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:17:39 PM »
Chai perhaps Chaim will do Dvar Torah for the weekly Torah portion as one of his video's. (I'm sure their will be many weekly). Maybe a weekly Torah/Haf Torah portion video.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »
A lot of Orthodox Jews are closet JTFers and Kahanists These Dvar Toras on you tube could help bring them out.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:23:58 PM »
A lot of Orthodox Jews are closet JTFers and Kahanists These Dvar Toras on you tube could help bring them out.

LOL, a lot of Orthodox Jews don't use the internet. (over time more and more exceptions though as well).
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:42 PM »
Oh, why are there no more dvar Torahs?  (I havent heard this week's show)

No more Ask JTF for now at least. Chaim will concentrate more on making video's instead. Both would be more time consuming.
 I was wondering though maybe he can make like a monthly special ask JTF show. Perhaps it can be a great balanced idea.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 12:28:49 AM »
Often we post interesting topics concerning the weekly Parasha in the Torah section of the forum.

I try to post insights into each weeks Parasha with links to several of the dvar Torahs available from Torah.org, Aish.com, Chabad.org, The Shmuz {Rabbi Shafier}, The Temple Institute {Rabbi Chaim Richman}, and many others...

I invite all of those interested to participate in the Torah section...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:47 AM »
Rabbi Chaim Richman :)

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »
LOL, a lot of Orthodox Jews don't use the internet. (over time more and more exceptions though as well).

Actually much fewer than you think (do not use it).  Id say the vast majority do use the internet.   That's the whole reason some have tried to ban it.  Because everybody's using it (even the people who claim they don't lol).

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »
No more Ask JTF for now at least. Chaim will concentrate more on making video's instead. Both would be more time consuming.
 I was wondering though maybe he can make like a monthly special ask JTF show. Perhaps it can be a great balanced idea.

Wow this is new.   Perhaps this could lead to an exciting new chapter in JTF's growth story.

I like the idea of maybe a monthly or every 6 weeks ask jtf to balance it out.  Or maybe we'll see first if the new strategy sparks more growth and then he can think about balancing it more depending on how this turns out.