Author Topic: was sick all day yesterday  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
was sick all day yesterday
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:11:37 PM »
Had a spike in fever, went up to ~103; it went down and today all the symptoms are gone.

No other symptoms besides fever and things associated with fever were noticed. Any ideas what this was?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: was sick all day yesterday
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
Sorry to hear you were sick.  Hope you feel better.  I would go see your doctor. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:38:16 PM »
Sounds like a virus. Are you well now?

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:50 PM »
much better now, im just wondering what it was.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
much better now, im just wondering what it was.

Mazel Tov!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
I'm glad you're better

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
Had a spike in fever, went up to ~103; it went down and today all the symptoms are gone.

No other symptoms besides fever and things associated with fever were noticed. Any ideas what this was?

No sore throat, cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, nothing?  That's very odd

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 12:10:20 AM »
Get a blood test !

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »
No sore throat, cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, nothing?  That's very odd

no sore throat, cough, or diarrhea. i didn't actually vomit but felt like i was about to. the other things are to be expected  because of the disruptiveness of high body temp, especially on the brain.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 12:49:46 AM »
Did you ever go to the doctor? That would be advisable.... Blood test results are available within days...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
See a doctor.  You need to make sure you dont have an infection.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »
Did you ever go to the doctor? That would be advisable.... Blood test results are available within days...

Many offices will do a CBC or complete blood count in the office and you can tell right away if the person has a viral or bacterial infection.  But since you had an infection of one day by history, I'm thinking viral, though a fever of 103 is a little on the high end for a viral infection.  It does happen though, but bacterial would be my first thought

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
Many offices will do a CBC or complete blood count in the office and you can tell right away if the person has a viral or bacterial infection.  But since you had an infection of one day by history, I'm thinking viral, though a fever of 103 is a little on the high end for a viral infection.  It does happen though, but bacterial would be my first thought
Great observation! Are you in the medical profession by any chance?

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45:28 PM »
Meerkat, hope you stay well! this winter has even began to bite!
Taking the flu shot might not be a bad idea if you're in a busy environment, exposed to many people.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 10:58:20 PM »
Great observation! Are you in the medical profession by any chance?

Yes he is. 

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 11:28:02 PM »

no sore throat, cough, or diarrhea. i didn't actually vomit but felt like i was about to. the other things are to be expected  because of the disruptiveness of high body temp, especially on the brain.

You know it's interesting you said that because except for the 103 temp, my first thought was food poisoning. I know they say you could have had a 24 hour bug, but that is really self-limited.  usually things that give you a temp like that are not a 24 thing.  Is it possible your thermometer is off?  Listen, I havent seen you, so dont go by what I am saying.   I'm glad that you are feeling better

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
I wouldn't eat something if I even suspected it might be off, unless it's supposed to be that way like Bleu Cheese but even those have expiration dates.  ;D

Risk of food poisoning is why I'm really not interested in all the pot lucks this time of year. People's home kitchens have no safety inspections and Marvin Zindler isn't going to come up from the grave to do a rat and roach report or talk about slime in their ice machine.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 11:53:21 AM »
Personally I would keep watching this if I were you. It could be a 24-hour virus or it could be something that's not finished with you yet...  :o

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
I'll never take a flu shot.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 11:39:34 PM »
I have COPD no FLU JAB anymore as it made me feel like drek for months!  Theres still anti-biotics !

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 12:33:58 AM »
I have COPD no FLU JAB anymore as it made me feel like drek for months!  Theres still anti-biotics !
Antibiotics are for bacteria, not viruses. All you will accomplish by taking antibiotics for a virus is desensitizing dangerous bacteria to antibiotics so that we have drug-resistant strains.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:54 AM »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 07:24:48 AM »
Antibiotics are for bacteria, not viruses. All you will accomplish by taking antibiotics for a virus is desensitizing dangerous bacteria to antibiotics so that we have drug-resistant strains.

When you get the flu though you don't just get the flu, you get nasty secondary bacterial infections. That's what the antibiotics help with.

I have taken flu shots in the past and may do so in the future but not as long as they have that one strain of swine flu in it. Why? Because Obama was trying to convince everyone to get that shot and all the establishment people were trying to push that people get that H1N1 shot and to be honest I dont trust them. It might not be completely logical but I am going to wait.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »
RUBYSTARS, Yip! i agree, i would have to take anti-biotics for a chest infection caused by the flu, thats my point! :o