Author Topic: Gingrich was great during tonight's debate  (Read 8206 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Gingrich was great during tonight's debate
« on: December 10, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
בס''ד

I will discuss how Newt Gingrich, whom we attacked so ferociously in a dozen videos, has since been making extremely positive statements on "Palestinians" being an invented people, on the "peace" process being delusional, on the need to stop Iran's nuclear bombing-making program etc. Gingrich also says now that he would seriously consider freeing Jewish hero Jonathan Pollard.

Since we did our anti-Gingrich videos, Gingrich has turned into another Mike Huckabee on Israel. Can we believe him? Who knows? Should we now take a chance and back him? I think so.

I hope to do the long weekly video in the next day or two, G-d willing.

Of course, we will not make an endorsement unless we have a majority vote by JTFers in an online poll.

I know this would be a complete switch, but Gingrich was not speaking like this until the past few days.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Gingrich was great during tonight's debate
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »
At the same time, do consider that now that he has (correctly) pointed out that there is no Fakestinian race, he is being ferociously attacked from all sides as a "racist", especially from Jews, insane as they are. This could wind up being another George Allen moment, you know a "racial" comment that destroys a candidacy.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 11:31:33 PM »
Chaim,  to say the least I was impressed with Newt Gingrich both this evening and the other day when he first stated that the 'Palestinians'  are an invented people.     On the other hand,   Mitt Romney's response to Gingrich in tonight's debate demonstrates that Romney doesn't have what it takes to debate the ruthless Barack Hussein Obama.  

While Newt Gingrich certainly has more than his share of baggage,   he seems much more up for the challenge to battle Hussein Obama.     After trying to force myself to support Romney if he was the only candidate that could beat Gingrich,    right now I prefer Gingrich.    
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
I did not see the debate, but from what I heard he is for the "2 state solution". I think it was one of the tickers at Fox News. (After writing about his statement on "palestinians" )
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:41 PM »
What channel was the debate?  Was it the trump debate?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:54 PM »
I did not see the debate, but from what I heard he is for the "2 state solution". I think it was one of the tickers at Fox News. (After writing about his statement on "palestinians" )

Unfortunately   Newt Gingrich still does support the so called two state solution.     Yet,   there's no candidate in the race   ( I'm not including Ron Paul ) who totally dismisses a so called two state solution.     Even Michele Bachmann,   who has the best all around positions on Israel of the candidates,  would support a so called two state solution if the " P.A."  meets certain conditions.    Granted,  conditions they likely will not meet but the best course of action would be to come out against a so called two state solution,   period!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
What channel was the debate?  Was it the trump debate?

It was on ABC.   

The Trump Debate,   if it goes forward,   will be late this month.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »
Chaim,

I think, he is pretty consistent on Israel. See the video from early 1990s:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8_shVIbKbRE

Do you plan on pulling your videos on him down?

Thank you.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:02 AM »
actions speak louder than words. he shouldnt have kept pollard from being freed.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 12:17:56 AM »
actions speak louder than words. he shouldnt have kept pollard from being freed.
Which is why I take what he says now with a grain of salt.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 12:24:05 AM »
Here's more

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 01:01:32 AM »
The following article has some of the quotes from the segment of the debate that dealt with Israel and the Fakestinians.     Right now,   the only way I can envision supporting Mitt Romney is out of necessity  (if he wins the Republican Nomination  ):

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57340910-503544/gingrich-sticks-by-comment-calling-palestinians-invented-people/

December 11, 2011 12:27 AM  Gingrich sticks by comment calling Palestinians "invented" people
By Kevin Hechtkopf

Newt Gingrich is standing by comments he made earlier this week when he called the Palestinians an "invented" people.

"Remember, there was no Palestine as a state. It was part of the Ottoman Empire," the former House speaker told the Jewish Channel this week. "And I think that we've have invented the Palestinian people, who are in fact Arabs and are historically part of the Arab community, and they had the chance to go many places."

Gingrich's comments immediately caused a stir in the Middle East and elsewhere. A Palestinian legislator said Gingrich had "lost touch with reality," while another official described called him "ignorant," according to the Associated Press.

Gingrich was then asked about the comments during Saturday night's Republican presidential debate from Iowa, which was sponsored by ABC News.

"Is what I said factually correct? Yes. Is it historically true? Yes," he answered. "Are we in a situation where every day rockets are fired into Israel while the United States? The current administration tries to pressure the Israelis into a peace process... Somebody ought to have the courage to tell the truth. These people are terrorists. They teach terrorism in their schools. They have textbooks that say, if there are 13 Jews and nine Jews are killed, how many Jews are left? We pay for those textbooks through our aid money. It's fundamentally time for somebody to have the guts to stand up and say, enough lying about the Middle East."

Gingrich draws notice over Palestinian remark

Gingrich's rivals criticized him for the remark, but none too harshly. Republicans often tout their commitment to standing up for Israel in front of audiences of conservative voters who tend to have strong feelings toward Israel.

Notably, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said Gingrich's statement was "just stirring up trouble."

"Technically and historically, yes-- you know, under the Ottoman Empire, the Palestinians didn't have a state, but neither did Israel have a state then too," Paul said.

The modern state of Israel was created in 1948 by the United Nations.

"I happen to agree with... most of the speaker said, except by going out and saying the Palestinians are an invented people. That I think was a mistake on the speaker's part," Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney said.

Romney also attacked Gingrich for causing controversy with his statements.

"The last thing [Israeli Prime Minister] Bibi Netanyahu needs to have is not just a person who's a historian, but someone who is also running for president of the United States stand up and say things that create extraordinary tumult in... his neighborhood," Romney said. "And if I'm president of the United States, I will exercise sobriety, care, stability and make sure that I don't say anything like this. Anything I say that can affect a place with -- with rockets going in, with people dying. I don't do anything that would harm that -- that process. And, therefore, before I made a statement of that nature, I'd get on the phone to my friend, Bibi Netanyahu and say, would it help if I say this? What would you like me to do? Let's work together because we're partners. I'm not a bomb-thrower. Rhetorically or literally."

Gingrich responded by evoking Ronald Reagan and saying he had the "courage to tell the truth."

"I think sometimes it is helpful to have a president of the United States who has the courage to tell the truth, just as it was Ronald Reagan who went around his entire national security apparatus to call the Soviet Union an evil empire, and who overruled his entire State Department in order to say, 'Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall,'" he said. "Reagan believed the power of truth restated the world and re framed the world. I am a Reaganite. I'm proud to be a Reaganite. I will tell the truth, even if it's at the risk of causing some confusion sometimes with the timid."

Moderator Diane Sawyer asked Former Sen. Rick Santorum who won the point between Romney and Gingrich.

"I think you have to speak the truth. But you have to do so with prudence.. it's a combination," Santorum said. "I sat there and I listened to both. I thought they both... made excellent points. But we're in a real life situation. This isn't an academic exercise... We have an ally here that we have to work closely with. And I think Mitt's point... was the correct one. We need to be working with the Israelis to find out, you know what? Is this a wise thing for us to do? To step forward and to engage this issue? Maybe it is. My guess is at this point in time, it's not. Not that we shouldn't tell the truth, but we should be talking to our allies. It's their fight."

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 01:54:58 AM »

Great point. The man is a very good debater especially compared to the competition (all bad at debates). He is a politician who knows what to say. I doubt he actually ends up doing 20% of what he says he is going to do. I don't see the point of a JTF endorsement at this juncture. We have no idea what is going to happen next in this race. Palin could endorse someone and tilt the Iowa scales in another candidate's direction. You may want to make a " I might have been wrong about Gingrich" video. I think this will reflect a lot of American's feelings towards him and it will show that JTF is a group that is willing to give a guy another chance if he begins to sound like he supports the correct side of issues.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 02:10:43 AM »
Chaim, you said yourself in one of your videos that if Newt gets the nomination, he will not win. I don't think we should back him yet. I honestly think that Mitt Romney has a better chance in the general election. One of the videos I saw said that before this campaign that Newt was one of the most hated politicians in America with an approval rating of about 3%.

I don't trust him one bit on the Israel issue any more than I would trust Obama when Obama says he is pro-Israel when he goes before AIPAC.

Have you changed your mind now and you actually think he has a chance against Obama?

One of the points you made in regards to this was that Newt has a whole lot of skeletons in his background, and that while Obama does too, the media will give Obama a free ride on those like they did last time, and they won't do the same for Newt.

Also remember that this is the same Newt who screwed us all over on the 'contract with America'.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 02:12:27 AM »
For those of you who didn't see the Iowa Debate this past evening or want to see it again,    the following is the part of the Debate that focused on Israel and the Fakeastinians:

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 02:14:37 AM »
I think he deserves our support for the following two reasons:

1, Even if he's going to brake his promises if elected president, he already has made a great deal of good by simply introducing the truth about Palestinian myth to the highest public arena and educating hundreds of millions of people about this issue;

2. No one else on the stage supported this idea, which automatically shows they are no good for Israel even before they are elected.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 02:18:51 AM »
Chaim, you said yourself in one of your videos that if Newt gets the nomination, he will not win. I don't think we should back him yet. I honestly think that Mitt Romney has a better chance in the general election. One of the videos I saw said that before this campaign that Newt was one of the most hated politicians in America with an approval rating of about 3%.

I don't trust him one bit on the Israel issue any more than I would trust Obama when Obama says he is pro-Israel when he goes before AIPAC.

Have you changed your mind now and you actually think he has a chance against Obama?

One of the points you made in regards to this was that Newt has a whole lot of skeletons in his background, and that while Obama does too, the media will give Obama a free ride on those like they did last time, and they won't do the same for Newt.

Also remember that this is the same Newt who screwed us all over on the 'contract with America'.

Rubystars,    I completely understand why you are skeptical of Newt Gingrich.    The same with everyone else in JTF  who expressed those thoughts in the last few hours.  

While Newt's record on many issues is problematic,    I'm not confident at all in Mitt Romney being able to defeating Barack Hussein Obama.     Romney always seems to go the politically correct route.      The path of least resistance comes to mind.        The only way I can see Romney winning the general election is Obama's popularity dropping to such an extent that the American voters finally reach the point of anyone but Obama.       On the other hand,    the recent comments by Gingrich give me some hope that he will be aggressive against BHO in the general election.    

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 02:26:04 AM »

Rubystars,    I completely understand why you are skeptical of Newt Gingrich.    The same with everyone else in JTF  who expressed those thoughts in the last few hours.  

While Newt's record on many issues is problematic,    I'm not confident at all in Mitt Romney being able to defeating Barack Hussein Obama.     Romney always seems to go the politically correct route.      The path of least resistance comes to mind.        The only way I can see Romney winning the general election is Obama's popularity dropping to such an extent that the American voters finally reach the point of anyone but Obama.       On the other hand,    the recent comments by Gingrich give me some hope that he will be aggressive against BHO in the general election.    

I don't like either of them but I remember when Newt was Speaker and how I was young and naive enough at the time to think he was telling the truth about the contract with America. I thought finally, they're going to do something about all this liberal crap messing up our country, but no..... it was all a lie.

I just can't believe we just put up all these videos attacking Newt for very legitimate reasons and now people are ready to jump right onto this bandwagon.

This looks shizophrenic.

He's been saying some very good things with regard to Israel, but I have no reason to trust that this is what he will actually do when he gets into office. Chaim himself just VERY recently said if Gingrich gets the nomination he will lose. So I'm wondering why Chaim now thinks the opposite.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 02:39:26 AM »
Romney STILL has a better chance to beat Obama than Newt.  To me, that really trumps everything.   Every poll shows this, and I just don't wanna gamble on this election because far too much is at stake.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
Rubystars,   I'm one of the people who criticized Newt Gingrich heavily in the JTF videos that Chaim made recently.      

It's hard to overlook all of the great points that Chaim and others have made about Gingrich in the recent JTF videos.     Yet,   when factoring in that Gingrich at least said some very truthful ( politically incorrect ) comments regarding the Fakeastians,   including his criticism of Fatah,   and that Mitt Romney is such a flawed candidate,     I currently have more confidence in Gingrich than I do with Romney.    

Regarding Israel,    under Romney's logic,   if the Israeli Government is comfortable committing suicide for the Country,   no one should undermine the Israeli Government's efforts  because Israel is considered an American ally.     While Gingrich supports a so called two state solution,   at least he's brought up the truth about the Fakeastians in general and Fatah specifically.      Like  Zvulun Ben Moshe mentioned,   a multitude of people never heard this message before.     This offers hope.    

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 02:42:24 AM »
While Newt's record on many issues is problematic,    I'm not confident at all in Mitt Romney being able to defeating Barack Hussein Obama.     Romney always seems to go the politically correct route.    

This is not the case.  The last 3 polls have ALL shown that Mitt has a much better chance against Obama than Newt.  We need to remember this.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 02:51:16 AM »
Chaim,

I think, he is pretty consistent on Israel. See the video from early 1990s:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8_shVIbKbRE

Do you plan on pulling your videos on him down?

Thank you.

בס''ד

You are mistaken. This video is not from the early 1990s. This video was made in recent years. Gingrich speaks in the video about statements from Arab terrorists in 2002 and afterward, and also about Ahmedinajad.

Also this video is not that impressive. Gingrich is condemning Hamas, Hezballah and Iran for wanting to destroy Israel - even leftists concede that they want to destroy Israel. However, in the past several days, Gingrich has said there is no real difference between Fatah and Hamas - something which Netanyahu and the Israeli government don't have the guts to say. Gingrich has certainly moved much closer to the truth in the past several days.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 02:54:08 AM »
This is not the case.  The last 3 polls have ALL shown that Mitt has a much better chance against Obama than Newt.  We need to remember this.

briann,    a huge concern on this end is the polls don't take into account how Mitt Romney will perform against Barack Hussein Obama in debates.     Especially since Obama will likely have his teleprompter,   the debate moderators on his side in the majority  ( if not all of the debates  )  of the debates,    and the media coming to Obama's aid when grading the debates.     In my opinion,   Newt Gingrich is much better in debates than Romney.      The latter is far too cautious with his remarks.     Romney reminds me of a football coach who plays not to lose instead of playing to win.    

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 02:58:01 AM »

briann,    a huge concern on this end is the polls don't take into account how Mitt Romney will perform against Barack Hussein Obama in debates.     Especially since Obama will likely have his teleprompter,   the debate moderators on his side in the majority  ( if not all of the debates  )  of the debates,    and the media coming to Obama's aid when grading the debates.     In my opinion,   Newt Gingrich is much better in debates than Romney.      The latter is far too cautious with his remarks.     Romney reminds me of a football coach who plays not to lose instead of playing to win.    

Thats true.  I will admit that Newt is by far the best debater.   I will continue to watch the polls, but I just know that many voters feel like Rubystars... like Newt is a sleazy politician.  Maybe this feeling will change.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 03:00:34 AM »

בס''ד

There's no question that we would be taking a big chance. Gingrich does have a lot of skeletons in his closet. However, so far he has handled intense attacks very effectively. Just look at the debate - everyone ganged up on him and he came out the clear winner, in my opinion. I think he could beat Obama in the debates.

But you make a good point that this would be risky. The question is, would Mitt Romney have a better chance against Obama? I'm not so sure. I think we're going to have an uphill fight no matter who the Republican nominee is because Obama has the fanatic support of the evil news media, a billion dollar campaign budget, the labor unions and he is the incumbent president who can use his office to control events.