Author Topic: Netflix is kind of a rip off  (Read 751 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Netflix is kind of a rip off
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:55:34 AM »
Most of the movies I'm interested in watching are DVD only which means I'd have to cough up another 7.99 a month. I think if you sign up with them they ought to freaking let you watch everything. It's not that hard to rip the DVDs and make them available online.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
Re: Netflix is kind of a rip off
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »
thats very true. I signed up for their online trial to see how it works. It works well, but I will be cancelling after the trial is over simply because they do not have the older TV shows I want to watch

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 04:04:12 PM »
You could choose the DVD only plan for 7.99.  However, the company has not done well since they came out with the new pricing model.  Look at their stock.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 04:49:26 PM »
You could choose the DVD only plan for 7.99.  However, the company has not done well since they came out with the new pricing model.  Look at their stock.

They already charge 7.99 just to watch the movies that you can put in your instant queue, if I added the dvd option it'd be more like 16 a month.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
They already charge 7.99 just to watch the movies that you can put in your instant queue, if I added the dvd option it'd be more like 16 a month.
Its really only the instant queue that makes it worth it.  Its very handy, and when compared with cable, its a bargain.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 07:09:55 PM »

Since you use mainly the DVD option you could drop the streaming option and maximize your value.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 08:17:10 PM »
Since you use mainly the DVD option you could drop the streaming option and maximize your value.

I'm watching what I can on the streaming option now.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
I'm watching what I can on the streaming option now.

This is all so strange, because my wife is discussing with me how much she loves Netflix as we speak.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »

I too only have the online version.  Try and think of it this way, I am less likely to spend time in front of the computer (which I already do too much of)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »
I can't say I feel sorry for Netflix.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 08:09:53 AM »
This is all so strange, because my wife is discussing with me how much she loves Netflix as we speak.

I like it but I wish half their movies and tv shows weren't dvd only, that's all. How hard is it to rip a DVD? Not hard at all.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 08:11:24 AM »
I too only have the online version.  Try and think of it this way, I am less likely to spend time in front of the computer (which I already do too much of)

Maybe.