Author Topic: Sports Illustrated list of to Jewish Athletes  (Read 867 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Sports Illustrated list of to Jewish Athletes
« on: December 25, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
Inever knew that kurt angle was Jewish but who am i to argue with S.I.                              http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/prominent.jewish.athletes/content.15.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
Re: Sports Illustrated list of to Jewish Athletes
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
A few of those people are not Jews. Ryan Braun's mother is not Jewish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Braun#Jewish_heritage
Lyle Alzado is buried in a christian grave and wore a crucifix at the end of his life (his mother was Jewish though).

Steve Stone is a Jew though:

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 09:37:44 AM »
Pretty cool!   I never knew these atheletes had or have Jewish blood.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 09:58:44 AM »
A few of those people are not Jews. Ryan Braun's mother is not Jewish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Braun#Jewish_heritage
Lyle Alzado is buried in a christian grave and wore a crucifix at the end of his life (his mother was Jewish though).

Steve Stone is a Jew though:

As far as lyle goes my Brother was very close friends with him we lived app. a mile away from where his parents lived he lived their also except that when he played for raiders he had a house there also. His father was of Jewish descent also he was a anousim or as people call them marranos.That was his 2nd marriage to the Christian girl who  when he became sick convinced him convert. Btw his Brother was on the Maccabia team in the decathlon team His sister shared an  house with an orthodox friend in Long beach L.I. .His brother was in bad motorcycle accident and took yrs of major surgery and rehabilitation before he recovered,lyle paid for it.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »
Thanks!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
My dad told me the following stories about Hank Greenberg:

Greenberg used to get anti-Semitic taunts from opposing ballplayers all the time. One day upon hearing the taunts, he went up to the opposing team's dugout and said, "whoever has something to say to me should say say it to my face." Not one of them moved.

Greenberg was on pace to break Ruth's HR record of 60 homers in a season, but when Greenberg was only a few dingers away from breaking the coveted record with more than enough games to play, his manager benched him because nobody wanted a Jew to own the most prestigious record in all of sports.