Author Topic: Interesting "Documentry on Chasidim"  (Read 856 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Interesting "Documentry on Chasidim"
« on: December 27, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »

Follow the parts.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Interesting "Documentry on Chasidim"
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
I hope BBC treats the subject with respect. I am watching the 1st part and so far it seems correct...

It seems like they are talking to a lot of Breslov Chassids...

I don't know about this video... I already see three things which they covered which were not so flattering. Also talking some Lashon Hara, etc...

I mean asking them what they thought of the wedding, and allowing her to talk about what she didn't like about the hosts.... That was kind of insulting. And the reason, because they were dancing at a Simcha?!? Is that a reason to speak badly of your hosts? I don't know about this...

Then showing the part where she starts the food processor as her husband is talking and filming his little tantrum about it.... Is that the kind of thing which people want to see Chassidim doing? Like it doesn't happen to every couple? Really...

For the most part I think it is an accurate portrayal of some Chassidim... But all 'reality tv' is only those things that the producer of the show wants people to see...

Did they have to focus on a man who was convicted of money laundering? Is that strange?

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:21:41 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »
I watched the whole thing its good and overall very fair, not the usual Jew-hating you see portrayed in the media.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »
I watched the whole thing its good and overall very fair, not the usual Jew-hating you see portrayed in the media.

Im still on part 2 now..

They go to Uman in part 3...

There are some other issues I have with the portrayal. The issue of praying at the grave of Rabbi Nachman could be misunderstood. I hope that it was not meant that way...

And they had to show someone accidentally switching the light on... I have done that myself accidentally...

Starting part 4...

Wow, of course Lashon Hara against Breslovers... Very nice...

I had to fast forward past that nightmare scene... That guy really needs to mellow out a bit.. Speaking like that on camera could be dangerous...

Did everyone in this video have to smoke cigarettes also? I don't know any Jews, nor any Chassids, who smoke cigarettes... Maybe in UK it is like that. My grandparents were the last generation that smoked in our families...

Last but not least is it not ironic that this Chassid wants to marry his son to an Israeli girl to move her back to England?

But in the end the message is not bad... They should all move to Israel with the son and his new wife...

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:58:54 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 09:08:41 AM »

Last but not least is it not ironic that this Chassid wants to marry his son to an Israeli girl to move her back to England?

But in the end the message is not bad... They should all move to Israel with the son and his new wife...

No its not ironic. He wants his son to get married, they tried in England and he then thought that the options for a Jew (his son) is greater in Israel than in England. He lives in England and has a buisness there, his son works with him as well. Soo he wanted his son to live not soo far away. Soo how is that ironic? But anyway he said he was willing to live in Israel as well (his son ) and his father didn't really reject that.

And about Chassids smoking- yeaa they do. A lot (many of them).