Author Topic: Thompson is pulling ahead...  (Read 3759 times)

Offline SanDiegoShana

• Junior JTFer

newman

Re: Thompson is pulling ahead...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:47:46 AM »
Thank goodness!

Thompson - Gingridge.....sounds like a good ticket

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 01:04:20 AM »
Re:  "...Looks like we have a true conservative contender..."

What exactly is it about Hollywood actors which you folks seem unable to understand?

Actors are the most shallow, sociopathic, lying, promiscuous alcoholic & drug using phonies on the face of the planet.

Add to that, one who is successful working in HOLLYWOOD (which, of course, means that the deviant leftist culture there in charge of everything likes him and approves of his personality...otherwise he'd be persona non grata and banned from ever setting foot in that town.)

We're not talking "small-town Sparta, Tennessee, local church community theatre, here!....HOLLYWOOD is where Fred is a success "for his ability to act Presidential".

Cheney's wife, the dyke bi**h, is heading his exploratory committee...that's right!....our beloved V.P.'s evil wife who writes romances about lesbians, has a les daughter married to a les with an evilly adopted baby.

And you people actually are capable of such self-delusion that you believe Fred is really and truly the good, honest, Christian conservative of the Republican right who loves morality and Israel?

JEEEZ!

Give ME a break for a change, will 'ya?

You're going to get the same Bush/Cheney/Hillary song & dance routine as you have right now, if Fred Thompson, Duncan Hunter, or any of the others are elected President (providing, that is; that our country hasn't completely disintegrated by election time....don't scoff...the USSR virtually disappeared overnight, and we have millions more domestic problems here than they ever had in Russia).

Offline SanDiegoShana

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 01:26:45 AM »
oh, well, let's just vote for Hillary then...right?

???

A REPUBLICAN in the highest elected position in the land is FAR better than a Dem...whether you like them or not....Hollywood or not.  Are we happy with Bush?  Most, no...yet he appointed two excellent justices to the Supreme Court, appointments which could impact our nation for the next 35 years.  Would you have liked Hillary to have made those appointments?

Grumble and complain all you want, but WINNING does matter....he can win, and he is raising money.  Have you seen a world leader without charisma?

:-\

newman

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 01:34:51 AM »
oh, well, let's just vote for Hillary then...right?

???

A REPUBLICAN in the highest elected position in the land is FAR better than a Dem...whether you like them or not....Hollywood or not.  Are we happy with Bush?  Most, no...yet he appointed two excellent justices to the Supreme Court, appointments which could impact our nation for the next 35 years.  Would you have liked Hillary to have made those appointments?

Grumble and complain all you want, but WINNING does matter....he can win, and he is raising money.  Have you seen a world leader without charisma?

:-\

True enough, shana but as the republican sellouts continue to do diddly-squat to police the borders it might be worth conservative voters staying home in 08. Yes you'll suffer with 2 yrs of Hillary and a dem congress, but the rep's will get such a bloody big fright they'll toe the line for the 2010 mid terms and come back...but come back as true conservatives---not sell-outs.

Offline SanDiegoShana

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 01:40:53 AM »
Yes, Republicans are betraying our borders....but better a Republican in the White House than Hillary.  And Fred Thompson, he's the truest conservative in the bunch, and he is ELECTABLE!

:)

newman

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 01:44:54 AM »
Yes, Republicans are betraying our borders....but better a Republican in the White House than Hillary.  And Fred Thompson, he's the truest conservative in the bunch, and he is ELECTABLE!

:)
You're missing the point. If repuplicans get re-elected they'll take that as aproval for inaction on the border and the road accident to peace. 2 - 4 of years of pain might be a lot better in the long run.

Offline SanDiegoShana

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 01:52:01 AM »
I understand your point, but in my opinion, if the dems are elected, we will see the end of the world.  I'm not ready for that.

:'(

Offline SanDiegoShana

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 01:52:53 AM »
and the end of our nation as we know it.

>:(

newman

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 01:59:27 AM »
I understand your point, but in my opinion, if the dems are elected, we will see the end of the world.  I'm not ready for that.

There's never a mystery guy on the "grassy knoll" when we need one. :laugh:

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 02:01:30 AM »

There's never a mystery guy on the "grassy knoll" when we need one. :laugh:

Nope.  Only in the school book depository.

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 09:57:01 PM »
Thank goodness!

Thompson - Gingridge.....sounds like a good ticket
If that's the ticket I'll vote for a democrat.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 12:03:24 AM »
Thompson is better than other Republicans, and most definitely better than ALL Democrats!
If he is the Republican nominee I'll vote for him

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »

Richard Viguerie to conservatives: Beware of Fred Thompson

(Manassas, Virginia) The following are the main points made by Richard A. Viguerie, author of Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause (Bonus Books, 2006), in his white paper, “Conservatives, Beware of Fred Thompson.”

The full article is on-line at
http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/gw3/articles-latestnews/articles.php?CMSArticleID=1827&CMSCategoryID=19

Fred Thompson disappointed conservatives during his eight years in the Senate (1994-2002). Is there any reason to think this Washington insider and veteran trial lawyer would be any better as President?

Charged with investigating the Clinton White House’s Asia fundraising scandal (“Asiagate”), he proved to be a Marshmallow Republican. And the only time he played a major role on a major piece of legislation, he was on the wrong side of the fence: pushing for the McCain-Feingold campaign finance bill.

Why McCain-Feingold is so important—and so bad

The real purpose of McCain-Feingold type laws is to silence grassroots activists and protect incumbents. “You were essential to our success,” Senator Feingold told Fred Thompson.

He runs around with the wrong crowd.

He fails the Goldwater Test: Goldwater became the founder of the conservative movement because he alone spoke out publicly against the Big Government policies of Eisenhower. Fred Thompson has been silent—and complicit—about the Big Government policies of George W. Bush.

He fails the Reagan Test: Reagan was a conservative activist for years before he ran for president, and surrounded himself with top conservative aides. Fred Thompson is a stranger to the conservative movement and his longtime associates are not conservative. “Personnel is policy.”

Marshmallow Republicans: Instead he is an integral part of the Rockefeller wing of the Republican Party, people like former Senator Howard Baker (of whom he is a protégé) and Senator Lamar Alexander.

There’s a reason why one of Washington, D.C.’s key media liberals is maneuvering for Fred Thompson.

With Thompson as the GOP candidate, liberals could rest easy, knowing their power is safe whether the Democrat or the Marshmallow Republican wins in 2008.

Putting Fred Thompson’s Senate voting record under a microscope

Viguerie looks at 18 votes on important issues to show that while Thompson talks like a conservative, he has worked to increase the power of the federal government, limit the rights of taxpayers and individual citizens, and shut grassroots activists out of the political process.

Fred Thompson on abortion: pro-life, pro-choice, or both?

There’s a good reason why people are confused about Fred Thompson’s stand on abortion. A President Thompson would give pro-life conservatives a lot of supportive rhetoric but little action. So what else is new?

Fred Thompson is not the conservative leader we need, says Viguerie

“For the past year, I have been preaching to conservatives that we should not align ourselves with those who have fatal flaws from a conservative perspective. The imminent entrance of Fred Thompson in the race doesn’t change a thing, for the reasons I have demonstrated here.

“Conservatives, let’s keep our powder dry. The GOP has taken us for granted. Conservatives should make the GOP and the candidates come to us, and let’s make them prove that they are worthy of our support.”

Many more details are contained in the article, “Conservatives, Beware of Fred Thompson,” on-line at
http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/gw3/articles-latestnews/articles.php?CMSArticleID=1827&CMSCategoryID=19

http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/gw3/articles-latestnews/articles.php?CMSArticleID=1838&CMSCategoryID=19