Author Topic: Please must see the most insane thing I've seen i a while  (Read 780 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Please must see the most insane thing I've seen i a while
« on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
http://blogs.forward.com/forward-thinking/150723/   

Alleged Child Molesting Pastor Wrapped in Torah Scrolls
By Jay Michaelson

Apparently oblivious to how offensive this would be to any non-messianic Jew, Atlanta pastor Eddie Long — who privately settled lawsuits with several men who had alleged he molested them as boys, and whose wife recently divorced him for the same reason — allowed himself to be wrapped in a Torah scroll by messianic ‘Jew’ Ralph Messer.

It gets both more outrageous, and more absurd. Messer, speaking “on behalf of the Jewish people, the land of Israel, and the God of Israel,” anointed Long as a “king” to the rousing cheers of the crowd. He seated Long on a “throne” (actually a comfy-looking leather chair) and draped him in a small-size tallit, the kind you find at nice conservative shuls across the country. Messer explained that the Torah scroll was 312 years old, and found at “Auschwitz-Birkendau” (that’s how he pronounced it, several times). “It was a Holocaust scroll,” he said, adding “I collect scrolls.”

There were additional details that doubtless escaped notice of casual visitors, but which get progressively more offensive the more knowledgeable one is. For example, Messer described removing the Torah’s cover as “removing the foreskin.” And at the climax of the ritual, after wrapping Long in the Torah, he placed the scroll’s gartel (belt) around Long himself, stating that Long had become the Torah, become the King. Fascinatingly, this is exactly the corporealizing ritual performed by heretical Sabbatean groups, except here with a Christianizing gloss (“the word become flesh”) that makes Long into the Messiah Himself.

Even if Long weren’t an alleged serial molester of adolescent boys (all the while, of course, preaching vitriolic sermons against homosexuality), this would be a highly insensitive use — some would say desecration — of a Torah scroll, especially if it is indeed from Auschwitz. Now, as it happens, Messer was often way off on his facts, pronunciations, and details — he said that each column of the scroll is made of the skin of a separate lamb (not true), said that Jews touch the Torah scroll with their fingers (not true), suggested that the Temple in Jerusalem had a bimah and that Jesus opened a Torah scroll on it (laughable), opined that 90% of Jews have never come close to a Torah scroll (surely not true), and couldn’t sing the Priestly Blessing with the pathetically off-key cantor brought in for the purpose. So I tend to doubt his Auschwitz claim as well.

Yet regardless of Messer’s laughable ignorance of the religious tradition he purported to represent, surely this is among the most offensive uses of a Torah scroll, “Holocaust” or otherwise, in recent years. Given that Long’s faithful have reinstated him despite all the allegations of child abuse, and given their cheers at his coronation as King Messiah incarnate, apologizing to the Jewish community may seem low on the congregation’s ethical priority list. But it is more than richly owed.

Read more: http://blogs.forward.com/forward-thinking/150723/#ixzz1lG7ouyMy   

video of event 

Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Please must see the most insane thing I've seen i a while
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:50:46 PM »
Yemach Shemo to this heretic and I don't want to hear any more of his desecration of our Holy writings. Shame on any Jews involved with this Chillul Hashem...

BTW I do not consider those who associate with 'Messianic' Judaism to be Jews... This is a tough one for me because my uncle turned into one (He was born Jewish and rejected our religion)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
Yemach Shemo to this heretic and I don't want to hear any more of his desecration of our Holy writings. Shame on any Jews involved with this Chillul Hashem...

BTW I do not consider those who associate with 'Messianic' Judaism to be Jews... This is a tough one for me because my uncle turned into one (He was born Jewish and rejected our religion)...

Sorry to hear that maybe he'll return.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that maybe he'll return.

I hope so. I rebuked him shortly after my father {his brother} died in 2010. I have not spoken to him since...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »
Crazy

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:56:35 PM »
What a stupid parish it takes to place as its pastor a pedophile and "anoint" him as king by a heretic Jew.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:36:21 PM »
Honestly I have little faith in the human race. I cannot comprehend how such charlatans operate and get soo much support and audiences. And its not just this, 99% (and up) of the world is full of non-sense and lies.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
The Disgraceful Eddie Long Video
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »
I started this thread without seeing the one that had already been started on the same subject so I merged them. My version of the video is shorter.
You will see this soon. Might as well watch this sick thing now:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:23:38 PM by Baltimore »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
That whole story is just creepy and weird

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 04:01:57 PM »
This is almost on the level of how the Romans desecrated the Temple. They brought pigs into the Holy of Holies and performed sex acts on Torah scrolls. It is unbelievable that there are people who find what was done to that Torah scroll 'holy' when the entire performance was Treif from start to finish.

Once again a hearty Yemach Shemo to all involved with this insane desecration of all that is Holy to the Jewish people.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 04:25:13 PM »
Oddly enough at one point in the video it seems like they call Christianity a pagan religion. This is in a supposed mega-church.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:56 PM »
Oddly enough at one point in the video it seems like they call Christianity a pagan religion. This is in a supposed mega-church.

Megachurches in general are not good things at all.