Author Topic: Will Santorum make a comeback today? Can Romney be stopped?  (Read 878 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Will Santorum make a comeback today? Can Romney be stopped?
« on: February 07, 2012, 03:05:01 PM »
בס''ד

There are three states voting today - Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri.

I think Rick Santorum has a real chance of winning in Minnesota and Missouri. Mitt Romney appears to be leading in Colorado.

If Santorum wins two out of three, that may open up the race again, G-d willing.

My first choice was Newt Gingrich, but I don't see him winning. My second choice was Santorum. I can't stand Romney, even though I will do everything possible to support him in November if he wins the nomination. But if Santorum can somehow open this up again and win, I still think he would be a better candidate against Barack Hussein Obama, and I also believe he would be a better President.

The odds still strongly favor Romney getting the nomination, but maybe a conservative like Santorum still has a chance.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Will Santorum make a comeback today? Can Romney be stopped?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »
בס''ד

There are three states voting today - Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri.

I think Rick Santorum has a real chance of winning in Minnesota and Missouri. Mitt Romney appears to be leading in Colorado.

If Santorum wins two out of three, that may open up the race again, G-d willing.

My first choice was Newt Gingrich, but I don't see him winning. My second choice was Santorum. I can't stand Romney, even though I will do everything possible to support him in November if he wins the nomination. But if Santorum can somehow open this up again and win, I still think he would be a better candidate against Barack Hussein Obama, and I also believe he would be a better President.

The odds still strongly favor Romney getting the nomination, but maybe a conservative like Santorum still has a chance.

I hope.  Ive always like Santorum.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »
I think Romney has 0% chance of winning against Obama... This is terrible news that he may win the republican nomination.

Never in my life have I felt so disenfranchised as I do this election year...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:13:33 PM »
Rick Santorum leads Barack Hussein Obama in the most recent Rasmussen Poll.    In the same poll,   BHO leads the other 3 remaining Republican candidates.    

If Rick Santorum wins one or more contests tonight,    it could lead to him getting much needed financial support.      Unfortunately,   Mitt Romney has FAR more campaign funds than Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum.   Unless Santorum or Gingrich can cut the gap considerably,    it will be difficult to defeat Romney for the Republican Presidential Nomination.

eb22

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/santorum-only-gop-candidate-beating-obama-rasmussen-daily-poll-finds

Santorum Only GOP Candidate Beating Obama, Rasmussen Daily Poll Finds
By Fred Lucas
February 6, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Just ahead of three more Republican nominating contests, a new poll -- a snapshot in time -- shows former U.S. Sen. Rick Santorum leading President Barack Obama in a one-on-one matchup.

The Rasmussen Reports Daily Presidential Tracking Poll for one day only -- Feb. 5. -- marks the first time Santorum has held a lead over Obama in potential matchups.

It’s a small lead for Santorum -- 1 percentage point, giving him a 45-44 percent edge over Obama.

“This is the first time Santorum has ever led the president in any poll,” the Rasmussen poll said. “Several other GOP challengers have led the president a single time in the polls, including Rick Perry, Herman Cain, and Newt Gingrich. Each man briefly held the lead while they were surging in the polls, only to fall quickly. It remains to be seen what will happen to Santorum’s support.”

The same daily tracking poll finds Obama actually beating former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the GOP frontrunner, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Texas Rep. Ron Paul. Neither Obama nor the other GOP candidates gets a majority in any of the hypothetical matchups.

On Tuesday, Colorado, and Minnesota hold caucuses and Missouri has a primary.

Santorum holds a slight lead over Romney in Minnesota, 29-27 percent, according to a Public Policy Polling survey of Colorado and Minnesota released on Feb. 5. The same poll shows that Romney leads comfortably in Colorado, 40-26 percent, over Santorum.

Meanwhile, there was media speculation over the weekend that Santorum would do well in Missouri because Gingrich is not on the ballot in that state.

With regards to the Rasmussen poll that found Santorum the only candidate beating Obama, other GOP candidates had respectable showings.

Obama wins 47 percent of the vote against Romney’s 43 percent, according to the Rasmussen daily poll for Feb. 5. Obama and Romney have been virtually tied in most polls for months. Obama leads Paul, 45-42 percent. Gingrich does worse among GOP candidates, losing to Obama 49-41 percent.

Romney has won nominating contests in New Hampshire, Florida and Nevada by large margins. Santorum narrowly won the Iowa caucus in early January. Gingrich convincingly won the South Carolina primary. Paul’s best performance thus far was a second place finish in New Hampshire.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 11:10:10 PM »
Santorum won 2 out of the 3 states... Good call Chaim!
Let's not give in just yet!

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
There is hope!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »
Even though I would like Newt to win though at least Romney is being pummeled into the ground.  :dance:
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 01:15:38 AM »
I hope Santorum has the momentum to beat Obama.... That thing he said about retroactively repealing all homosexual marriage gives me a glimmer of hope we can get the same-sex crowd back into the closet....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:04 AM »
Because of newt's cruelty, I think he would be best in attacking Obama and the leftist media...but whatever...right now I'm enjoying the show.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 05:05:03 AM »
בס''ד

Here's our new video on the outcome of the races in three states yesterday (there is also a sticky thread on this):

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
Good for Santorum. I knew there was still hope for him.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:42 PM »
Because of newt's cruelty, I think he would be best in attacking Obama and the leftist media.

Agreed.     

Having said that,   even though I've been supporting Newt since his impressive debate performances in South Carolina,    Newt's baggage is a major concern.     

When factoring in the history of the candidates,    Rick Santorum would be my preferred choice.     Unfortunately,   Santorum doesn't have Newt's communication skills and level of political incorrectness.     

The bottom line is either Newt or Santorum would be a far better choice for the Republicans than Mitt Romney.   

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/