Author Topic: Damned Mormons are still up to Dirty Tricks  (Read 1753 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Damned Mormons are still up to Dirty Tricks
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:58:31 PM »
I think it is intrinsically wrong for Mormons to 'posthumously' baptize deceased Jews. While they can believe anything that they want to believe about the afterlife they should not use the names of Jews who have lived. The confusion will occur when people look for ancestoral evidence of religion and the LDS church supplies a lot of genealogical data. It is wrong for the offspring of those whose souls are stolen by the mormon 'church'.

The church claimed it had ceased performing these posthumous baptisms... But that was obviously a lie. Recently it was revealed that only two months ago the 'church' baptized the parents of Simon Wiesenthal.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/02/mormon-church-baptize-simon-wiesenthal/1

Mormons apologize for baptism of Simon Wiesenthal's parents

Mormon church leaders have apologized to the family of the late Holocaust survivor and famed Nazi hunter Simon Wiesenthal after a church member posthumously baptized Wiesenthal's parents last month, The Salt Lake Tribune reports.

Mormons believe posthumous baptism by proxy rites allow deceased persons to receive the Gospel in the afterlife.

The baptism of Holocaust victims, like Asher and Rosa Wiesenthal, was supposed to be barred by a 1995 agreement between the church and Jews, although some submissions continue by church members, the Associated Press reports.

In Salt Lake City, officials of the Church of Latter-Day Saints, or Mormons, apologized Monday, saying that the church "sincerely regret(s) that the actions of an individual member ... led to the inappropriate submission of these names," which were "clearly against the policy of the church," The Tribune reports.

"We consider this a serious breach of our protocol," church spokesman Scott Trotter said in a statement, "and we have suspended indefinitely this person's ability to access our genealogy records."

Rabbi Abraham Cooper, associate of the Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles, a Jewish human rights organization, said in a statement that his organization was "outraged that such insensitive actions continue in the Mormon temples."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Damned Mormons are still up to Dirty Tricks
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
I don't think anyone has a right to do this kind of thing. It's creepy and weird. Why can't they just be at peace with the fact that not everyone is going to choose their particular belief system? What an insult to the Jewish families of the deceased this is.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 04:31:44 PM »
What an insult to the Jewish families of the deceased this is.
I see this more as an insult to intelligence.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:28:06 PM »
Good thing I didn't move to Salt Lake City.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
I don't for the life of me see what they are trying to accomplish by doing this except making themselves look like lunatics  :::D ... How in the world does anyone baptize the dead Jewish or otherwise? What credibility will their genealogy records have if this is a well known practice? Something in this story Just doesn't add up... This sounds like the work of a few nut jobs in positions of authority.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
This, along with a whole lot of other reasons, is why I am not a Mormon.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:27:54 PM »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »
That's a funny picture WI  :::D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 08:19:33 AM »
Mormons aren't Christian any more than Islam is Christian. Islam also includes some form of Jesus but they're definitely not Christian. The doctrines are just too different in both cases.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 09:18:43 AM »
Dan, I think what people resent about Mormonism is the deception involved--how they insist on calling themselves Christian when they are not. This is no different from when Messianic missionaries claim to be Orthodox Jews, an experience some forum members have actually had. Mormons just can't be compared to Christians, at least most of them.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 06:45:57 PM »
Mor[e]-moon means ghoul in latin (creature that digs up corpses for sustinance). The work of a couple nut jobs oi have you read their putrid book? Stupitiy is the cute omipresent veil they hide monstosities behind. I'm glad someone spoke out for this man. Don't discount morons as harmless, you know Islam well enough to see the fallacy: Don't get your name in the book of baptised mormons. They're not the only Christian religion that completely ignored torah commandements on witchcraft and necromancy for nothing. What I know of these people and their churches is unprovable, historically however, the American Army didn't have to invade Utah in 1857 just because they convert the dead.

Can you please elaborate?

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »
Why can't they just be at peace with the fact that not everyone is going to choose their particular belief system?
Sounds a little familiar doesn't it?
So why can't SOME of the Jewish people on here be at peace with the fact that not everyone is going to choose their particular belief system?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
I don't for the life of me see what they are trying to accomplish by doing this except making themselves look like lunatics  :::D ... How in the world does anyone baptize the dead Jewish or otherwise? What credibility will their genealogy records have if this is a well known practice? Something in this story Just doesn't add up... This sounds like the work of a few nut jobs in positions of authority.

I agree and they KEEP MAKING THIS MISTAKE (if it's a 'MISTAKE') over and over and over again.  My G-d, what is wrong with them???

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 01:09:34 AM »
So why can't SOME of the Jewish people on here be at peace with the fact that not everyone is going to choose their particular belief system?

Beige,

The Jewish people here are dead and ergo they don't have a choice.  If they chose it, it would be one thing.  They're not choosing it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 08:02:30 AM »

Do you mean the dead people mentioned in this thread or do you mean Jewish people on our forum?

I've only seen about three people who act intolerant.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
Here we go again. The tricky Mormon church this time was caught performing a posthumous (after death) baptism of one of the most iconic Holocaust victims we know, Anne Frank... Apparently this tricky mormon church has baptized Anne Frank against her will and against the will of the entire Jewish people.

It really makes me angry that this church feels it has the right to use the name of righteous victims of the holocaust in order to advance their cult.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/02/23/national/a145517S69.DTL&tsp=1
Claim surfaces of Anne Frank baptism by Mormons

By BRIAN SKOLOFF and MICHELLE RINDELS, Associated Press
Thursday, February 23, 2012
(02-23) 17:13 PST SALT LAKE CITY, (AP) --

A new claim has surfaced that the Mormon church has posthumously baptized a Holocaust victim, this time Anne Frank.

The allegations come just a week after The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints apologized when it was brought to light that the parents of Holocaust survivor and Jewish rights advocate Simon Wiesenthal were posthumously baptized by church members at temples in Arizona and Utah in late January.

Researcher Helen Radkey, a former Mormon who revealed the Wiesenthal baptisms, said this week she found Frank's name in proxy baptism records dated Feb. 18, showing the ritual was performed in the Santo Domingo Temple in the Dominican Republic.

The Mormon church almost immediately issued a statement, though it didn't mention Frank by name.

"The Church keeps its word and is absolutely firm in its commitment to not accept the names of Holocaust victims for proxy baptism," the Salt Lake City-based church said. "It is distressing when an individual willfully violates the Church's policy and something that should be understood to be an offering based on love and respect becomes a source of contention."

Church officials did not return telephone calls and emails from The Associated Press on Thursday. A spokeswoman for the Anne Frank House museum in Amsterdam declined comment.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:03 PM »
The Anne Frank thing is old news Muman. It just keeps getting reprinted. We all know that G-d is in control of what happened to her soul, not the Mormons. With that in mind it seems that their only goal in all of this is just to offend Jews and other people. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:04 PM »
The Anne Frank thing is old news Muman. It just keeps getting reprinted. We all know that G-d is in control of what happened to her soul, not the Mormons. With that in mind it seems that their only goal in all of this is just to offend Jews and other people.

Old news? According to this article this just happened last week... Today is Feb 23 and the records show that the baptism occurred Feb 18, only 5 days ago...

The allegations come just a week after The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints apologized when it was brought to light that the parents of Holocaust survivor and Jewish rights advocate Simon Wiesenthal were posthumously baptized by church members at temples in Arizona and Utah in late January.

Researcher Helen Radkey, a former Mormon who revealed the Wiesenthal baptisms, said this week she found Frank's name in proxy baptism records dated Feb. 18, showing the ritual was performed in the Santo Domingo Temple in the Dominican Republic.

http://www.inquisitr.com/196859/anne-frank-baptized-by-mormon-church/

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »
They may have done it again last week. I don't know how many times she's been posthumously baptized by them but I know I've heard this reported on in the past several times.

Some stories keep getting recycled for some reason.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:12:37 AM »
Well maybe after they apologize for a baptism, they have to do it over again for it to be considered effective by the church.

You know you could be right. I keep seeing this same story come out in the news every once in a while.