Author Topic: Polygamy Documentary  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Polygamy Documentary
« on: February 20, 2012, 02:29:16 AM »
Part 4 is probably the most heart-wrenching.

These people are so evil.

Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 5:

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Re: Polygamy Documentary
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 11:03:29 AM »
Mormonism is abnormal overall; however there is nothing wrong with polygamy.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:07:38 AM »
The "polygamy" of Mormonism is a whole different thing from the ancient polygamy in many ways. For one thing the Biblical patriarchs weren't seeking to become gods of their own planets. This is about the horrors of modern polygamy.

It involves abuse (both physical and sexual), isolation, threat of death via the Mormon 'blood atonement' doctrine, incest, etc. One of the videos talks about how, due to incest, some babies are born with deformities. One baby was born with correctable deformities like clubfoot but the parents refused to allow the surgery because they thought it was God's will that their child remain deformed and unable to walk.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
Wouldn't polygamy be considered adultery?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
Awful info, I'm sorry to say this, Christian America scares me.
Any suggestion for a better future America?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 11:21:41 AM »

No, unless both partners did not marry.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »

Mormons aren't Christian.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:54:37 PM »
Of cause this cult is behind sanity and reason, but I didn't see, that they want to impose their believes on others, beside from their normal "advertisement". There is even a Mormon center here in my town. In my time in the bookshop I found loads of their propaganda material in the incoming used merchandise. One time I met even two. I didn't feel a threat coming from them and what they do to their wifes and children is not my business.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »
Of cause this cult is behind sanity and reason, but I didn't see, that they want to impose their believes on others, beside from their normal "advertisement". There is even a Mormon center here in my town. In my time in the bookshop I found loads of their propaganda material in the incoming used merchandise. One time I met even two. I didn't feel a threat coming from them and what they do to their wifes and children is not my business.
‏I would chose a mormon neighbor over a muslim one any time.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:58:38 PM »
Mormons aren't Christian.

Perhaps only by self definition, but there are lots of non biblical sources in it. So true.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 01:25:41 PM »

They are imposing their beliefs on others in that the children that grow up in these groups are often abused, and forced at young ages to marry, often in an incestuous relationship (like marrying their uncles or cousins). One of the women in the documentary said how her father told her on her birthday one year that she was now one of his sister-wives and he was going to teach her how to please her husband. This is a massive problem in Utah where a lot of girls and women are forced into these types of situations because they grow up in these families and if they leave, they lose everything. They have no job skills, they lose their entire family connection, and there is a big veil of secrecy around it.

One of the people in the documentary talked about how they are programmed, similar to Satanic Ritual Abuse, to keep the secrecy of the group, and that some people would be programmed to kill themselves before they would reveal the secrets.

Most mainstream Mormons aren't like that, but their religion still has cult elements to it even in the milder forms.

The ones in the documentary aren't part of the official Mormon church, but they are a different type of Mormon who are more in line with Mormonism's original teachings.  They were kicked out of, or they willingly rejected the main Mormon religion to pursue their belief in plural marriage as the way to their own godhood.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 01:32:13 PM »
I believe polygamy is wrong, full stop. I don't believe everything in the bible should be taken literally. And many parts are symbolic / figurative for sure.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 01:42:03 PM »
‏I would chose a mormon neighbor over a muslim one any time.

True LOL

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 01:48:01 PM »
My mormon friend is being promoted in his chuch. I hope it doesn't put too much stress on him because he was telling me he is worried about it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 01:49:36 PM »

No... How could it be? Polygamy means being married to multiple wives. Adultery is a man having a relation with a woman married to another man.

According to Jewish law:

http://www.torah.org/learning/halacha-overview/chapter26.html

26. Adultery - Sotah

If a woman is deliberately unfaithful to her husband she becomes forbidden to him and he must divorce her, as it says "Her first husband... cannot take her again to be his wife after she has been defiled"1,a; and she is also forbidden to marry the man with whom she was unfaithful. If a man tells his wife before witnesses that she must not be alone with someone and she disobeys, she also becomes forbidden to both of them. When the Temple exists she can (if they wish) return to her husband by performing the ceremony of drinking the "bitter waters", as it says "If a man's wife strays... he shall bring his wife to the priest and bring her sacrifice with her, a tenth of an ephah of barley flour; he shall not pour oil on it nor put frankincense on it... and [the priest] shall make the woman drink the bitter water...".2,b It is a man's duty to be particular about the habits of the members of his household and to warn them against sin, as it says "And you shall know that your tent is at peace and you shall examine your habitation and not sin".3,c

Sources:

1. Deut. 24:4   a. Geirushin 11:14; Ishus 24:17
2. Num. 5:12-31   b. 1:1-2; 2:1,12; Ishus 24:24
3. Job 5:24   c. 4:19

http://www.aish.com/tp/b/app/48948696.html
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 01:58:08 PM »

This sounds like a very ignorant statement.... borderline trollish.

most gentiles despise Mormon practices as much as they despise Scientology or witchcraft.  To say that Christian America scares you for something that Christian America hates shows complete ignorance.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
I have been told that polygamy has long ago been abandoned by most mainstream mormon churches. I also knew another mormon many years ago who told me the same thing {and had a very good monogamous relationship}. I do believe that there are radical sects of mormon who want to maintain that practice... So I cannot say that all mormons believe in polygamy.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
I have been told that polygamy has long ago been abandoned by most mainstream mormon churches. I also knew another mormon many years ago who told me the same thing {and had a very good monogamous relationship}. I do believe that there are radical sects of mormon who want to maintain that practice... So I cannot say that all mormons believe in polygamy.

I took a trip to Utah last year.  Beautiful state.  But we drove through an area with radical sects.  It was spooky, the houses/compounds looked like forts.   Also, the women all dressed with their hair in a strange fashion..... similar to the 'transgenerational' polygamist cultists who were shut down a couple years ago.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »
I took a trip to Utah last year.  Beautiful state.  But we drove through an area with radical sects.  It was spooky, the houses/compounds looked like forts.   Also, the women all dressed with their hair in a strange fashion..... similar to the 'transgenerational' polygamist cultists who were shut down a couple years ago.

Indeed there are some that are very bizarre. But I find it hard to judge when Haredim are judged harshly for similar customs... (Strange dress, perceived dislike of women, etc.)...

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »

most gentiles despise Mormon practices as much as they despise Scientology or witchcraft.  To say that Christian America scares you for something that Christian America hates shows complete ignorance.

I exaggerated there sorry. I do like this great nation; don't get me wrong.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »
Polygamy is a situation that can be ok under certain circumstances, but it's not some kind of divine mandate like these people believe.  This sect seems to be all about sex and it leads to incest and abuse.  I'm surprised this sect is not bigger with black America.

Traditional Mormonism views black people as 'cursed'.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »

Muman just because the main group doesn't practice it, doesn't mean there aren't a whole lot of people trapped in the branch-offs that are virtual slaves and which the Utah government does little or nothing to help.

I can tell from several people's comments in this thread that they have not watched the videos I posted but are just speaking in general about the topic without knowing the information that's presented.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »

A lot of things TN says are borderline trollish.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
Yes, only the FLDS practice polygamy in Mormonism today. Mainstream (LDS) Mormons do not.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
A lot of things TN says are borderline trollish.

List examples I said are "borderline trollish"?