Author Topic: Diseases in family history  (Read 1311 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Diseases in family history
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »
I think what we all should do is to examine their family history of illnesses and disease.
Like my family the 2 top illness on both sides diabetes and heart disease.  And for men and this will go for me too after the age of 35 or 40 get check for prostate cancer just as women should be checked for breast and ovarian cancer.  I lost an aunt from breast cancer.  But this was in the mid 80s when it wasn't really discussed as much as it is now.  But it is very important for all of us to do a throrough personal check for their background on illnesses.   Just some food for thought cause I care about my brothers and sisters on this forum.  I am now 31 so within a few years I am taking my own advice.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Imerica

Re: Diseases in family history
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »
My grandmother (mom's mom) died @ 58 from renal failure due to complications with type 2 diabetes. My mom @ 50 has Type 2 diabetes. I'm doing all I can not to contract the disease, eventhough its hereditary.