Author Topic: Pesach Videos  (Read 4036 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Pesach Videos
« on: March 20, 2012, 01:22:54 AM »
The 1st day of Pesach falls out on Saturday April 7 and the second is on Sunday April 8... This gives us almost 3 weeks till the Yom Tov.

One of the most difficult things {in my situation} is the Passover cleaning. Every year it is a big deal to get the house prepared for Pesach by searching for the Chametz, burning it, and then getting whatever Chametz which remains in the house legally nullified by the Rabbi.

I hope to do some explaining about the laws of Pesach but for the time being let us watch some good youtube videos on the topic.

The story of Pesach and the commands to remove all Chametz..

A little Pesach cleaning humor:

Even the car must be cleaned of Chametz...

Rabbi Richman gives his perspective on Pesach cleaning:

By the way, Chametz is symbolic for arrogance. Chametz is bread which is leavened, having risen due to the yeast in the bread. We must remove all Chametz, that which puffs up, from our character trait. When we do this we deserve to be redeemed from our own 'Mitzrayim'/'Constriction'....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:03:38 AM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Time to start thinking about Pesach Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
This is how I clean:

OUT WITH THE CHAMETZ:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »
Not about Cleaning but about Pesach:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:09:15 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 03:20:24 AM »
This sounds interesting I am about to watch it...

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:38:58 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »
One more and its off to bed for me...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Pesach Videos
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:03:14 AM »
Thoughts on Yetzirat Mitzrayim...

I changed the name of this thread to 'Pesach Videos' because not all videos are about Pesach cleaning...

About the song 'Chad Gadya'/One Goat...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Pesach Videos
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »
Some memorable scenes from the 10 Commandments movie from the 2000s...

WOW! That brings back memories...

Escaping from Mitzrayim may not always mean leaving a physical place, sometimes it means extricating yourself from your own evil inclination...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:22:21 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 12:33:50 AM »
The experience of the Seder is like experiencing the service in the Holy of Holies...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
Wow.... I haven't heard or seen anything from this Rabbi, Rabbi Itzak Yehoshua for several years.... He used to do videos for TorahAnyTime.com but I haven't noticed him for ages...

Here is a long shuir on the topic of Pesach... I am watching this now... The Rabbi explores this concept of the # 15 which was raised in one of the previous videos I posted...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 01:39:31 AM »
That shuir was long, but I enjoyed it.... I hope everyone else who watched it enjoyed it also...

Here is Rabbi Ginsburg talking about the joy we should attempt to feel during Adar...

It is very upsetting that during this time the Jewish people should be experiencing the joy of this season that we are faced with events like the Jewish School in France which was terrorized by muslim murderers. I suggest that we not forget all those who have died due to hatred bred by islam and the damned koran. We should be happy, and grateful, for what we have and who we are becoming. But we owe it to our brothers and sisters to never countenance Jew hatred.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 01:46:55 AM »
Some more Pesach wisdom...

And one more tonight... (Ok 2 more)...

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:04:06 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
Rabbi Shafier gives a short vort on Pesach...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 01:22:40 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
Aish also brings us this 'Crash Course' on Passover;

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 12:33:57 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 03:49:00 AM »
Humorous view of Pesach preparation:

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 11:42:03 PM »
 :::D :::D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2012, 02:14:58 AM »
One of my favorite Rabbis, Rabbi Richman relates some insights on the Passover Holy Day.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:33:15 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
This is a good set of videos on the Korban Pesach...

« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:55:17 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:13 AM »
Nice talk on the Pesach song we sing 'Echad Mi Yodea?' Who Knows One?

13 who knows 13
13 I know 13
13 are the attributes of God
12 are the Tribes of Israel
11 are the stars in Joseph's dream
10 are the commandments
9 are the months before birth,
8 are the days to the brit milah
7 are the days in a week till Shabbat
6 are the orders of the mishnah
5 are the books of the torah,
4 are our matriarchs,
3 are our forefathers
2 are the tablets of the commandments
1 is Our God who is in the heavens and on earth.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:01:43 AM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 03:05:07 AM »
And I am beginning to enjoy Chad Gadya which is usually sung at the very end of the Seder...

Last night we were up till 2:30AM talking about our exit from bondage in Mitrayim. It is a mitzvah to talk about it till the early hours...

Chad Gadya (Folk Song)

Chad gadya (2x)
My father bought for two zuzim
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the cat
And ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the dog
And bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the stick
And beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the fire
That burned the stick
That beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the water
That quenched the fire
That burned the stick
That beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the ox
That drank the water
That quenched the fire
That burned the stick
That beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the butcher
That slew the ox
That drank the water
That quenched the fire
That burned the stick
That beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
My father bought for two zuzim.
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the Angel of Death
And killed the butcher
That slew the ox
That drank the water
That quenched the fire
That burned the stick
That beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Then came the Holy One
Blessed be G-d
And destroyed the Angel of Death
That killed the butcher
That slew the ox
That drank the water
That quenched the fire
That burned the sticks
That beat the dog
That bit the cat
That ate the kid
Chad gadya (2x).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 03:10:48 AM »
From the Pesach Haggadah:

It happened that Rabbi Eliezer, Rabbi Yehoshua, Rabbi Elazar ben Azaryah, Rabbi Akiva and Rabbi Tarphon were reclining [at a seder] in B'nei Berak. They were discussing the exodus from Egypt all that night, until their students came and told them: "Our Masters! The time has come for reciting the morning Shema!"

Rabbi Eleazar ben Azaryah said: "I am like a man of seventy years old, yet I did not succeed in proving that the exodus from Egypt must be mentioned at night-until Ben Zoma explained it: "It is said, `That you may remember the day you left Egypt all the days of your life;' now `the days of your life' refers to the days, [and the additional word] `all' indicates the inclusion of the nights!"

The sages, however, said: "`The days of your life' refers to the present-day world; and `all' indicates the inclusion of the days of Mashiach."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 03:15:53 AM »
An interesting bit of information about that previous quote... Rabbi Elazar Ben Azayah said he was LIKE a man who was 70 years old.... But was he really a 70 year old man?

NO, our tradition is this:

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/cgi-bin/calendar?holiday=pesach109

"Rabbi Elazar Ben Azaria said: I am like a man of 70 years old"

Question:

Why did Rabbi Elazar Ben Azaria say, "I am like 70 years old?"

Answer:

Once there was a dispute over a halachik issue between the Rabbonim and the Nosi, Rabban Gamliel (Brochos). The Rabbis were upset with the way Rabban Gamliel handled matters and decided to demote him and make Rabbi Elazar Ben Azaria the Nosi. Rabbi Elazar Ben Azaria was hesitant to accept the position because he was only 18 years old, and his beard was black. Overnight, a miracle happened and his beard became filled with streaks of white hair. Therefore, he said, "I am like a man of 70 years old."

Some say his neshoma was a reincarnation of the neshoma of Shmuel HaNovi. Being that Shmuel lived only 52 years, and Rabbi Elazar Ben Azaria was now 18 years old, therefore, he said, "I am like a man of 70 years old."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 03:12:57 AM »
Do we really mean it when we say 'Lashana Haba Beyrushalem'?

Unfortunately I did have an experience this year when the lady next to me said 'Next year in Vaccavile' and I just grimaced inside...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 03:19:10 AM »
I didn't realize this video existed... One of my questions to the Chabad Rabbi I spent Pesach with was whether he had every personally experienced a Seder with the Lubavitch Rebbe. My Rabbi is young and therefore he himself did not have a Passover with the Rebbe, but his father did have...

Interesting.... My Rabbi told me about waiting in line to get pieces of Matzah which the Rebbe would hand out at the Chabad office...

I wonder what happened to parts 3 & 4?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:33:26 AM by muman613 »