Author Topic: Jewish residents of Ye'Sha and Christian Zionist share meal  (Read 1732 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Jewish residents of Ye'Sha and Christian Zionist share meal
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:33:22 PM »
Ican't tell the difference which are the Christian Zionists and which are the Jewish Residents of Ye'Sha          http://forward.com/articles/153524/christians-called-to-serve-jewish-settlers/
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Jewish residents of Ye'Sha and Christian Zionist share meal
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »
I can't tell them apart either.  I'm glad we have some Christians on our side.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »
It's good to know not all of them hate Christians.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
It's good to know not all of them hate Christians.

What's that supposed to mean??  And who is them??  I'm getting a bad vibe here.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »
Well that's nice to see Christians volunteering in Israel that aren't just there to harass settlers or the IDF.

On my flight to Israel last year I sat next to Christians who were coming to Israel to pray for and support the Jewish people.  I met other Christians living in Jerusalem who said they had visited and loved it.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »

I got a bad vibe from another news story that was posted on here plus some of the things I've heard said on Pal Talk. Sorry if I came off wrong on the board. I'm glad the Christians are there helping the Jewish settlers. I believe the settlers have every right to that land and the Fakestinians need to leave.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
Dan is being sarcastic
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 03:03:18 PM »
I got a bad vibe from another news story that was posted on here plus some of the things I've heard said on Pal Talk. Sorry if I came off wrong on the board. I'm glad the Christians are there helping the Jewish settlers. I believe the settlers have every right to that land and the Fakestinians need to leave.

Well, I guess from your response, you do mean the "Jews" when you type- " It's good to know that not all of them hate Christians."

And the pathetic excuse you come up with- for typing this anti-semitic garbage on a Jewish website is - 
"I got a bad vibe from another news story that was posted on here plus some of the things I've heard said on Pal Talk."

Ok, WHATEVER  you say!  Wow, talk about an eye opener!     

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 03:26:09 PM »
Well, I guess from your response, you do mean the "Jews" when you type- " It's good to know that not all of them hate Christians."

And the pathetic excuse you come up with- for typing this anti-semitic garbage on a Jewish website is - 
"I got a bad vibe from another news story that was posted on here plus some of the things I've heard said on Pal Talk."

Ok, WHATEVER  you say!  Wow, talk about an eye opener!   

I'm not an anti-Semite. If you've followed my posts over the last few years you would know that. I'm actually very disappointed that anyone would think that of me.

I would have thought people would know me better than that by now.

I'm sure you misunderstood something.

Maybe I wasn't being very clear. I'm usually not awake at this time of day so that might have something to do with my unclear posting style.

On Pal Talk I've met a lot of people who just plain hate Christians, like Christians take a piss in their cereal every morning. I don't know why they feel this way but they're very hateful in their mind set toward any Christian who would want to help them. I've also been told that in Israel, a cross is considered to be the equivalent of a swastika because many of them have only been exposed to the Fakestinian type Christians or left wing "Christians" and those types really are anti-Semitic.

I meant in my post in this thread to say it's good that some of the settlers know that not all Christians are like that and are willing to let Christians who genuinely want to help them, do so. Sorry if I typed things wrong.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »
I wasn't being sarcastic, by the way.  I was telling the truth.  I really am glad to see decent Christians helping out there.  Any group that's ok with Rabbi Melamed is fine by me.  It's just that this group is different from the norm.

Dan is right.  In Hevron there are christian groups from all over the world who are there to incite arabs to violence on the Jews, to provoke Jews and video tape responses and to protest Jewish presence in Hevron.  Go there and you will meet this antisemetic refuse.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 03:34:37 PM »
Dan is right.  In Hevron there are christian groups from all over the world who are there to incite arabs to violence on the Jews, to provoke Jews and video tape responses and to protest Jewish presence in Hevron.  Go there and you will meet this antisemetic refuse.

I've heard of that. I think anyone who is seriously against the Jewish people so strongly is definitely going against God's will at the very least. Inciting violence against innocent Jews is a way to get a one way ticket to hell quickly in my opinion.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 03:37:26 PM »
I'm also in the camp w dan ben noah here that I am skeptical of groups like yovel but rabbi melamed is strongly opposed to missionaries and he feels this group is helping and are not missionaries.  I can see that the volunteer work they are doing is helping these wineries survive thrive economically.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 06:46:01 AM »
I don't know whats in their hearts but those Christians in Hebron are like Michael Lerner type Jews

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
Rubystars was referring to a few people and made a sarcastic remark. She is no anti-Semite!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:34 AM »
Rubystars was referring to a few people and made a sarcastic remark. She is no anti-Semite!
I know that i meant lib Jews prefer those people

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »

Thank you!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »
Thank you!
I agree anyone who thinks Rubystars is anything like that is psycho

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:32 PM »
I agree anyone who thinks Rubystars is anything like that is psycho

Thanks Mord.

I think Aces High just misunderstood what I posted.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 10:04:00 PM »
Are the Christian Zionists different from the norm? It depends on how you define Christianity and how you define "norm". I do think that most serious, practicing Christians in the United States (especially evangelicals) are at a minimum tolerant of Jews and are often sympathetic to Israel, just like most serious, practicing Jews in America are Zionistic. If you count all the nominals and all the fringe groups and movements, then it is true that they are. I think Christians spend a lot less effort and time on serious, life-and-death matters in this country and the world (including Israel) than they should, for sure. A lot simply don't get it, or don't care, or don't understand why it is relevant today.

What I don't believe is that the likes of the Quaker, Presbyterian, Lutheran, etc. leaders are all that represented in average American practicing Christianity, and they don't even speak for their entire denominations. Some of the above happen to be right-wing evangelicals, in fact. Of course, Lutheranism was founded on evil principles and Lutherans who are not like their founder really should find a new denomination, as Chaim has said.

The most pro-Israel denominations are Calvary Chapel and the various charismatic/Pentecostal ones.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 12:35:48 PM »
I think the problem with the way Christians are perceived is that it's distorted by a large group of nominals. People in general tend to be less serious about their faith or don't really even have very strong faith.

TV and sports and music and other hobbies and interests become their religion. I have some friends who say they're Christian but if you talk to them about their beliefs, they really have none. They're empty inside.

I would agree with you though that actual practicing, believing Christians in the USA do tend toward being pro-Israel.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
Dan,

They believe some funky shtush...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 11:36:43 PM »
My Grandma warned me about Catholics and Lutherans!(She was pretty pissed I married a Lutheran) I didn't think much of it till my Father in law(a Lutheran minister) told me Jews don't belong in Israel!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.