Author Topic: What should be done to these Jews mocking the Sedar  (Read 1511 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
What should be done to these Jews mocking the Sedar
« on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/154594#.T4J-nNmDnUs   

Jewish Anti-Israel Group Promotes BDS at Passover Seder
The 'Jewish Voice for Peace' has published a new type of Hagaddah, aimed at demonizing Israel and championing ‘Palestinian’ cause.
By Rachel Hirshfeld
First Publish: 4/8/2012, 11:38 AM

Seder table
Seder table
Israel news photo: Flash 90

The Jewish anti-Israel organization, Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP), has recently published a new type of Hagaddah, aimed not at celebrating the Jewish people’s exodus from Egypt, our journey from slavery to freedom, or the miracle of attaining national self-determination in our ancestral homeland. The Haggadah does, however, aim at demonizing the State of Israel, promoting the Boycotts, Divestments and Sanctions (BDS) movement and rallying the ‘Palestinian’ cause.

The JVP’s version of the Passover seder disregards the Jewish redemption altogether and focuses, entirely, on championing the ‘Palestinian’ cause.

While the organization prides itself on furthering notions of “peace,” it instead “has become a leader in the American anti-Israel movement and has assumed a particularly visible role in the renewed Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel,” notes the Anti Defamation League (ADL). “JVP's local chapters actively support divestment initiatives on college campuses and have helped anti-Israel student groups pressure their universities to divest from corporations that profit from the ‘Israeli occupation.’”

The group has rebranded the ten plagues to represent the “Ten Plagues of Israeli Occupation,” the maror (bitter herbs) to symbolize the “bitterness of [‘Palestinian’] life under [Israeli] occupation,” and the four cups of wine to toast the efforts of the BDS movement. 

In addition, Moses’ declaration to Pharaoh of “Let My People Go!” is being used to champion the efforts of the Gaza Flotilla to “free” the ‘Palestinian’ people from Israel’s military blockade.

At the ‘Yachatz’ portion of the seder, the JVP commemorates the “break that occurred in Palestinian life and culture with the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.”

As Jonathan Tobin of Commentary Magazine notes, “One of the standard tropes of anti-Semites is to try and paint Jews as the mirror image of their oppressors. Calling Israelis Nazis is a commonplace slur, but for Passover, the JVP has made them Egyptians and attempted to transform one of the sacred rites of Judaism into a vicious exercise in Israel-bashing.”

“In doing so,” Tobin continues, “JVP has demonstrated that it has no place within the organized Jewish community or among the society of decent Americans. Their desire to wage economic war on Israel already places them outside the boundaries of normal political dissent. But their compendium of Passover-themed slurs is an act so despicable that it merits their being shunned the same way we would any other hate group.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What should be done to these Jews mocking the Sedar
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:23:08 AM »
The Haggadah itself answers- Blunt his teath.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:25:20 AM »
The Haggadah itself answers- Blunt his teath.
for starters knock out the rasha's teeth for starters
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:02 AM »
I saw this story and it made me sick. Jews should not make such a Chillul Hashem/Desecration of Hashems name... The Haggadah has stood as a pillar of Jewish tradition and to sully it with non-Jewish ideas and anti-Jewish themes is nothing short of Wicked.

Yes, we must rebuke them, and rebuke, and rebuke and if they do not heed, they should be cut off in every way...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:36:08 AM »
This is what should be done.  In the heat of the summer they all should be placed in the middle of the Sinai desert, no transportation and only matza to eat.  Shmura matza.  And they need to search for water on their own.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:55:49 AM »
The group has rebranded the ten plagues to represent the “Ten Plagues of Israeli Occupation,” the maror (bitter herbs) to symbolize the “bitterness of [‘Palestinian’] life under [Israeli] occupation,” and the four cups of wine to toast the efforts of the BDS movement. 

In addition, Moses’ declaration to Pharaoh of “Let My People Go!” is being used to champion the efforts of the Gaza Flotilla to “free” the ‘Palestinian’ people from Israel’s military blockade.

At the ‘Yachatz’ portion of the seder, the JVP commemorates the “break that occurred in Palestinian life and culture with the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948.”

Oh Mann, this people are sick like Grass. Alone to have ideas like this is seriously a problem of mental health.  :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
Mord,

I agree that this group absolutely sucks, but I'd like to see some direct quotes from Arutz Sheva, instead of only commentary.  I've known some of these terribly misguided people and while their behavior towards Israel is wrong, some of them would not be for dismantling the Jewish state and would not break bread with those who would

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:39:03 PM »
Mord,

I agree that this group absolutely sucks, but I'd like to see some direct quotes from Arutz Sheva, instead of only commentary.  I've known some of these terribly misguided people and while their behavior towards Israel is wrong, some of them would not be for dismantling the Jewish state and would not break bread with those who would

Um, you can't be serious.  Do you really think a7 is distorting this issue?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
Um, you can't be serious.  Do you really think a7 is distorting this issue?

No, but I am saying that they are providing a lot of commentary in this article without one direct quote. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »
No, but I am saying that they are providing a lot of commentary in this article without one direct quote.

If any of what is claimed in the article is in this 'so-called' Haggadah then whoever published it is an apikorsis who should be cut off from the Jewish people and shunned at any religious Jewish institution.

The incredible miracles of Passover and the unending love of Hashem for his people are immutable beliefs of the Jewish people. To publish a Haggadah which does not tell the story, as the Talmud and sages have done in the traditional Haggadah, is certainly no mitzvah. A Jew is OBLIGED to tell the story of the Jewish people leaving Egypt on the promise of a land flowing with Milk & Honey to his sons, and to his guests. Not doing so is throwing away a mitzvah, and it's merit.

And as always, to prove my point, I will provide back-up sources:

The Mitzvah of Haggadah
by Yitzchak Etshalom

I

TWO OBLIGATIONS OF HAGGADAH

There is a Mitzvah in the Torah to relate the story of the Exodus from Egypt on Pessah. Rambam's formula in describing this Mitzvah is as follows:

"It is a Positive Commandment in the Torah to relate the miracles and wonders that were done for our fathers in Egypt on the fifteenth night of Nissan (Pessah night)...It is a Mitzvah to inform the children..." (MT Hametz uMatza 7:1-2)

Rambam here describes two different Mitzvot:

* To tell the story among the adults (who, we assume, already know it) and

* to inform the children (who don't know it yet.)

Nevertheless, Rambam reckons these two acts as one Mitzvah. It seems that Rambam feels that relating the story and informing the children about it are part of one basic Mitzvah. This is anomalous, as it subsumes education and informed discussion under one heading. This is comparable to including a discussion between Nobel Prize-winning scientists and an eighth grade science class in one category: "Talking About Science." This is, clearly, an unacceptable grouping; in an eighth grade science class, the teacher is informed and the student is not. It is her job to pass on her knowledge to the students; they are the "receivers" and she is the "transmitter." Conversely, the Nobel laureates are all well-versed in the specific area they are discussing; they are exchanging ideas in an academic format. Rambam's categorization needs clarification.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:48:25 AM »
Leaving aside all the A7 reporter's editorializing (all of which is probably true anyway), the simple reporting seems to be that they made a haggadah promoting BDS.   That's pretty evil.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 05:11:33 AM »
Here's the whole JVP 'Hagadah' look it over completely it's a mockery.BTW i have none Jewish friends who know the Hagadah better then these vermin                 http://www.scribd.com/doc/52784085/JVP-Haggadah-Passover-2011-FINAL

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 05:25:41 PM »
Here's the whole JVP 'Hagadah' look it over completely it's a mockery.BTW i have none Jewish friends who know the Hagadah better then these vermin                 http://www.scribd.com/doc/52784085/JVP-Haggadah-Passover-2011-FINAL

Thanks Mord.  ALL I needed to do was read the very first sentence:

"Welcome to the Jewish Voice for Peace haggadah! As you probably expected (andmaybe even hoped), this haggadah is not like other haggadot—its focus is on makingconnections between the symbols and liturgy of the traditional haggadah and therealities of the Israeli occupation of Palestine (italics mine)"

Arutz Sheva got it 100 percent correct.