Author Topic: Peres: Iran trying to kill all the Jews is completely 100% different from shoah  (Read 805 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
http://www.ejpress.org/article/57663  [Europe and the USA]
JERUSALEM (AFP)---Israel’s President Shimon Peres on Thursday distanced himself from the Israeli premier's comparison between the Holocaust and the threat posed by Iran's nuclear programme.   

"It's not the same thing," Peres told the Ynet website of Yediot Aharonot newspaper in an interview for Yom Ha’atzmaut, Israel's independence day.   

"Holocaust is one thing and Iran is another. The comparison is out of place. But I'm not a literary critic and the Prime Minister expressed his opinion on the matter," he said.   

In a speech last week to mark the Holocaust, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said: "People who refuse to see the Iranian threat have learned nothing from the Shoah (Holocaust).   

"They are afraid to speak the truth, which is today, as it was then, that there are people who want to annihilate millions of Jews," the Prime Minister said.   

"The truth is that an Iran in possession of nuclear arms is an existential threat to the State of Israel."   

There has been growing concern Israel might carry out military strikes on Iran in a bid to destroy, or at least severely disable, the nuclear programme.   

But Peres voiced confidence the sanctions imposed on Iran by the international community would prove an effective deterrent.   

"Every person can judge this for himself. I believe we can handle the Iranian threat. The United States leading and Europe joining (them) -- it's not just lip service," he said.   

"They, like us, cannot afford to have a nuclear Iran and they want to stop it. As for Hitler, the world was asleep then. This couldnt happen today, the world has woken up," he said.   

"Israel can defend itself but we are not alone, and that's a plus, not a minus. I believe what (US President Barack) Obama says. There is no need for saber-rattling, but there is a need to impose sanctions and political pressure."

The world will have a hard time waking up as you sing your lullaby, Peres.

I was also not aware that there were people who believed Baboon Hussein Obama in the planet anymore, even amongst liberals.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
When will Peres croak already?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Peres, thinks he's so clever, with his jive talk.  He's one lucky man, and made a lot of money working in the Israeli government all these years. 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Peres is gonna get us all killed!