Poll

Which would you prefer as Romney's VP pick?

Rubio
6 (35.3%)
Santorum
11 (64.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Which would you prefer as Romney's VP pick?  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Which would you prefer as Romney's VP pick?
« on: May 04, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »
there has been some buzz on this.  what do you guys think?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Which would you prefer as Romney's VP pick?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:47:18 PM »
Santorum had to stop his campaign to help take care of his daughter. I think people will remember this and he might not be the best choice for VP because he may not be able to give 100% to the campaign or to his job as VP because his daughter might need a more significant portion of his time than a child without a trisomy condition. This was one of the criticisms that was brought against Sarah Palin too last time, that she should be focusing on caring for her son. Of course he wasn't nearly so sick and did not have as life threatening of a condition as Santorum's daughter does.

I think that Romney should however pick a conservative VP to balance his ticket. If he doesn't, a lot of evangelicals may stay home not seeing a significant difference between liberal Romney and liberal Obama (they'd be wrong about that, but I can see why it will be discouraging). Romney needs to energize this base if he's going to win, and picking a liberal like himself is not going to do that.

Offline GreenLightToGo

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »
I would support Santorum over Rubio.

I saw Rubio in an interview where he said that we were looking at many people outside the United States as "statistics", and that there are many people who would like to come here to work.  It's true that there are many people who'd like to come to America to work, but if they don't understand how our form of government allows for such a desirable working environment, then they'll vote it away when they get here.

I think Hispanics who complain about White Americans' concerns over changing demographics are dishonest, and I think they know full-well that as the Hispanic demographic in America increases, so does the set of Hispanic cultural values that have turned Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela, etc. into places where no one wants to live.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:41:01 PM »
Maybe neither
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
Santorum had to stop his campaign to help take care of his daughter. I think people will remember this and he might not be the best choice for VP because he may not be able to give 100% to the campaign or to his job as VP because his daughter might need a more significant portion of his time than a child without a trisomy condition. This was one of the criticisms that was brought against Sarah Palin too last time, that she should be focusing on caring for her son. Of course he wasn't nearly so sick and did not have as life threatening of a condition as Santorum's daughter does.

I think that Romney should however pick a conservative VP to balance his ticket. If he doesn't, a lot of evangelicals may stay home not seeing a significant difference between liberal Romney and liberal Obama (they'd be wrong about that, but I can see why it will be discouraging). Romney needs to energize this base if he's going to win, and picking a liberal like himself is not going to do that.

If evangelicals sit it out, they will lose more than everyone else..since Obama will totally destroy their lives.  It would be a bad move for a conservative to sit out this election.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
You're right Dan but on the other hand they may see it as having little choice, a liberal or a liberal. Plus many of us including myself are not very comfortable voting for a Mormon. I'm not happy at all that such a cult will gain prestige and membership if Romney is elected. I find that to be extremely disturbing. Even with all this I know that I must support Romney now.

Mitt Romney has an uphill battle if he's going to gain people.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »
I think Rubio is better then other mentioned names like Mitch the 'rab Daniels and Christ the dhimi Christie.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »
You're right Dan but on the other hand they may see it as having little choice, a liberal or a liberal. Plus many of us including myself are not very comfortable voting for a Mormon. I'm not happy at all that such a cult will gain prestige and membership if Romney is elected. I find that to be extremely disturbing. Even with all this I know that I must support Romney now.

Mitt Romney has an uphill battle if he's going to gain people.

But Romney, if he wins, has four years to be held accountable for making stupid moves.  Obama doesn't have to worry about reelection if he wins...so his true colors will become even more obvious to the dumbest of all Americans.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:55 PM »
Notwithstanding few odds, Santorum can be expected to be better than all other candidates.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 04:08:29 PM »
Santorum would be 1000x better, however, rubio might help with the hispanic vote.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 04:25:28 PM »
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
Are you kidding?

These two are horrific!!!

They both have this neocon type policy of wanting to have troops everywhere all the time and wanting to do nation building.

We saw a lot of this under Wahabi Bush and Slick Willy and we are even seeing far more of it now under Obutt cheese along with Libs now supporting it.

I say someone like Demint, Bachman or West would be good.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 04:44:36 PM »
Are you kidding?

These two are horrific!!!

They both have this neocon type policy of wanting to have troops everywhere all the time and wanting to do nation building.

We saw a lot of this under Wahabi Bush and Slick Willy and we are even seeing far more of it now under Obutt cheese along with Libs now supporting it.

I say someone like Demint, Bachman or West would be good.

I don't think they should pick a female VP, that was a failed experiment last time as a transparent move meant to up the diversity quotient of the ticket. A lot of people would be uncomfortable with a female commanding the troops in the event that the president dies. I'm not completely opposed to female presidents or VPs but I don't think it's a good idea in this election when the stakes are so high and Romney needs every edge he can get.

Besides remember that Romney was probably going to be McCain's pick for VP last time but McCain decided to go with Sarah Palin instead for affirmative action reasons. I'm sure Romney remembers and resents that and will not do what McCain did.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »
There is no choice for neither.  So pick one of the other two.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 08:18:46 PM »
There is no choice for neither.  So pick one of the other two.

How do you know if Romney will only pick either these two for VP.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
I don't think they should pick a female VP, that was a failed experiment last time as a transparent move meant to up the diversity quotient of the ticket. A lot of people would be uncomfortable with a female commanding the troops in the event that the president dies. I'm not completely opposed to female presidents or VPs but I don't think it's a good idea in this election when the stakes are so high and Romney needs every edge he can get.

What would be wrong with having either Bachmann or Jan Brewer for VP?

Besides remember that Romney was probably going to be McCain's pick for VP last time but McCain decided to go with Sarah Palin instead for affirmative action reasons. I'm sure Romney remembers and resents that and will not do what McCain did.

Your right!!!
McPaine I think is a strong believer in Affirmative Action though at least he's not as bad as OButt Juice.

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »
It is all about beating Obama.  The only things I know about Rubio is that he is from Florida and Hispanic.  Therefore he should selected.  An alternative is condaleza rice; black and a woman....

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
What would be wrong with having either Bachmann or Jan Brewer for VP?

Picking a female VP which will alienate some voters (they may not admit it, but remember the ballot box is secret) is not a good idea when Obama already has so many other advantages.

Your right!!!
McPaine I think is a strong believer in Affirmative Action though at least he's not as bad as OButt Juice.

Since he's no longer important to defeating Obama I think I can go back to referring to him as Juan McAmnesty sometimes.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »
It is all about beating Obama.  The only things I know about Rubio is that he is from Florida and Hispanic.  Therefore he should selected.  An alternative is condaleza rice; black and a woman....

NO! Condi is no friend of Israel...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 09:23:24 PM »

NO! Condi is no friend of Israel...

I'm not even sure if Romney is, although you're right that "Congoleeza" as Chaim calls her is particularly bad.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 04:00:49 AM »
Maybe neither
I could not agree more!  REP. PAUL RYAN is a politician who I would like to see considered.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline realist26

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 11:49:05 AM »
I'm not even sure if Romney is, although you're right that "Congoleeza" as Chaim calls her is particularly bad.

Agree. She is No friend of Israel but it is all about beating Obama

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
How do you know if Romney will only pick either these two for VP.

That's not the point of this post.  Which will help Obama lose?  Who do you like more?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
Although I like santorum more, I think rubio would be a better strategic pick for romney to win. 

Congoleeza would be disastrous.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 07:57:09 AM »
Although I like santorum more, I think rubio would be a better strategic pick for romney to win. 

Congoleeza would be disastrous.
Santorum should stay home and take care of his family... As far as Rubio goes I like him to a point... He talks up a good storm but at the end of the day hints to guest worker programs are always in the mix with him... As far as being an asset to the November ticket .... Maybe?.... But Maybe not... The Hispanics that will vote for Romney will vote for him Rubio or no Rubio... The ones that won't  are not going to be lured in by the likes of Rubio.... People looking for relief from the shvartza Administration want Jobs and financial security for the wealth producing segment of the American population.... This is what will get the working people of America voting...  For all his faults the shvartza President has been a blessing against illegal Immigration.... Lack of opportunity, deportation, this president has done more then any Republican president has ever done to reduce the number of illegal roaches creeping around sucking $$$ that should be going to American citizens... In November wealth producing  people will want to vote for an administration that will give them a reasonable energy policy, a reasonable return on their investments, restoration of stability in the housing market and a tax policy that is not geared to stripping them of their hard earned dollars... Romney / Ryan ... Romney / Cantor.... Lastly lets not even mention a joke ticket such as Romney / Rice... Not that it's even in any remote consideration.  A ticket such as that is a no starter.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years