Author Topic: "Gays" are going nuts over our new video on homosexual "marriage"  (Read 24132 times)

Offline Moesia Superior

• Junior JTFer
Re: "Gays" are going nuts over our new video on homosexual "marriage"
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 08:18:18 AM »
I dont want to tell you the sad story of Tesla's sexual orientation

What you want to tell with that?
"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once"
William Shakespeare  " Julius Caesar" 1599 AD

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 01:56:23 PM »
Okay. All humans must have a brain to be alive as it controls everything. The brain sends signals to all parts of the body. If anybody is alive, they have a brain, and photographic proof can be found with an Xray. Try again.

Have you ever seen your brain?  Prove it.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2012, 05:05:34 PM »

I'm open to everything. The law of science is that there are no absolutes. I'm a scientist in training.
An excerpt from Tesla autobiography :
"One day, as I was roaming the mountains, I sought shelter from an approaching storm. The sky became overhung with heavy clouds, but somehow the rain was delayed until, all of a sudden, there was a lightening flash and a few moments after, a deluge. This observation set me thinking. It was manifest that the two phenomena were closely related, as cause and effect, and a little reflection led me to the conclusion that the electrical energy involved in the precipitation of the water was inconsiderable, the function of the lightening being much like that of a sensitive trigger. Here was a stupendous possibility of achievement. If we could produce electric effects of the required quality, this whole planet and the conditions of existence on it could be transformed. The sun raises the water of the oceans and winds drive it to distant regions where it remains in a state of most delicate balance. If it were in our power to upset it when and wherever desired, this might life sustaining stream could be at will controlled. We could irrigate arid deserts, create lakes and rivers, and provide motive power in unlimited amounts. This would be the most efficient way of harnessing the sun to the uses of man. The consummation depended on our ability to develop electric forces of the order of those in nature.

It seemed a hopeless undertaking, but I made up my mind to try it and immediately on my return to the United States in the summer of 1892, after a short visit to my friends in Watford, England; work was begun which was to me all the more attractive, because a means of the same kind was necessary for the successful transmission of energy without wires. At this time I made a further careful study of the Bible, and discovered the key in Revelation. The first gratifying result was obtained in the spring of the succeeding year, when I reaching a tension of about 100,000,000 volts—one hundred million volts -- with my conical coil, which I figured was the voltage of a flash of lightening. Steady progress was made until the destruction of my laboratory by fire, in 1895, as may be judged from an article by T.C. Martin which appeared in the April number of the Century Magazine. This calamity set me back in many ways and most of that year had to be devoted to planning and reconstruction. However, as soon as circumstances permitted, I returned to the task."

Nikola Tesla about Moses:

Tesla, in the article "The fairy tale of electricity" (published September 9, 1915), stated in regards to the Ark:
The records, though scanty, are of a nature to fill us with conviction that a few initiated, at least, had a deeper knowledge of amber phenomena. To mention one, Moses was undoubtedly a practical and skillful electrician far in advance of his time. The Bible describes precisely, and minutely, arrangements constituting a machine in which electricity was generated by friction of air against silk curtains, and stored in a box constructed like a condenser. It is very plausible to assume that the sons of Aaron were killed by a high-tension discharge, and that the vestal fires of the Romans were electrical.

I guess you are smarter than the greatest scientist of all?

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2012, 05:34:56 PM »
An excerpt from Tesla autobiography :
"One day, as I was roaming the mountains, I sought shelter from an approaching storm. The sky became overhung with heavy clouds, but somehow the rain was delayed until, all of a sudden, there was a lightening flash and a few moments after, a deluge. This observation set me thinking. It was manifest that the two phenomena were closely related, as cause and effect, and a little reflection led me to the conclusion that the electrical energy involved in the precipitation of the water was inconsiderable, the function of the lightening being much like that of a sensitive trigger. Here was a stupendous possibility of achievement. If we could produce electric effects of the required quality, this whole planet and the conditions of existence on it could be transformed. The sun raises the water of the oceans and winds drive it to distant regions where it remains in a state of most delicate balance. If it were in our power to upset it when and wherever desired, this might life sustaining stream could be at will controlled. We could irrigate arid deserts, create lakes and rivers, and provide motive power in unlimited amounts. This would be the most efficient way of harnessing the sun to the uses of man. The consummation depended on our ability to develop electric forces of the order of those in nature.

It seemed a hopeless undertaking, but I made up my mind to try it and immediately on my return to the United States in the summer of 1892, after a short visit to my friends in Watford, England; work was begun which was to me all the more attractive, because a means of the same kind was necessary for the successful transmission of energy without wires. At this time I made a further careful study of the Bible, and discovered the key in Revelation. The first gratifying result was obtained in the spring of the succeeding year, when I reaching a tension of about 100,000,000 volts—one hundred million volts -- with my conical coil, which I figured was the voltage of a flash of lightening. Steady progress was made until the destruction of my laboratory by fire, in 1895, as may be judged from an article by T.C. Martin which appeared in the April number of the Century Magazine. This calamity set me back in many ways and most of that year had to be devoted to planning and reconstruction. However, as soon as circumstances permitted, I returned to the task."

Nikola Tesla about Moses:

I guess you are smarter than the greatest scientist of all?

I don't buy this teslas interpretation of our Torah.

Nadav and Avihu were not killed by electrocution. His interpretation of events is completely secular. There is no Divine Providence in his explanation. It basically is calling Moses a fraud...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 06:29:57 PM »
What was a strange fire then?
I am open to Tesla's interpretation. He does not insult anyone and I try not to insult anyone. He knew Bible word by word as his father was priest and on his mother side 8 generations of priest grandfathers...Maybe he is wrong in his interpretation but he believed in God.

By God's providence, Moses-- the child of a Hebrew slave-- was found and adopted by an Egyptian princess, the daughter of the Pharaoh himself. He was reared  in the royal court as a prince of the Egyptians: "And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was mighty in words and deeds" (Acts 7:22). At the same time the Lord determined that Moses should be taught in his earliest years by his own mother. This meant that he was founded in the faith of his fathers, although he was reared as an Egyptian (Ex. 2:1-10).

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 08:54:44 PM »
Well
SecularNationalist" did you spend any time looking into the matter?

Here is more for those interested.
 http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/torahtrue/
 http://www.mesora.org/Proof-Adherence.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PEg_Oys4NkA

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 09:02:44 PM »
I suggest this Rabbi Mizrachi video on Torah proofs... Here he talks about what I alluded to above, that our Torah predicts the number of stars in the universe 2000 years ago.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 10:37:31 PM »
^ +1 without this rabbi, I wouldn't be convinced of Yahudat.

Offline MurderReligiousJews

• Probationary member
  • Junior JTFer
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 11:38:31 PM »
I suggest this Rabbi Mizrachi video on Torah proofs... Here he talks about what I alluded to above, that our Torah predicts the number of stars in the universe 2000 years ago.

There are much more than 10^19 stars but again, this talk is unnecessary. I'm not asking about proving stars, I'm asking about proving every bit of the Bible as true. If you cannot, then it's not accepted scientifically and it's moronic to quote from it, plain and simple. If I present something to my biology professor, he would have me do the experiment, then he'd do it, then everybody in the biology department would do it, and then every biologist in the world would be asked to reproduce the same results. If we all get the same result and prove it correct, then it is correct, if you cannot prove it all then it cannot be taken as a truth. Even when it is proven, then it's still called a theory, not a law.

I understand that you have belief, which is perfectly okay unless you harm others, but killing people for being gay and commanding others to follow your unproven book is unacceptable in a civilized society. Every religious person thinks that they somehow have proof but trust me, these arguments have taken place over and over again in many academic places, so you're not presenting anything new.

So my beef isn't with G-d or anything, it's religious people, especially those who say stupid stuff. Even my traditionalist father called Michelle Bachman and idiot because she said that G-d sent earthquakes (killing innocent children) because he was unhappy with the White House. And this moron gets away with stuff like that.

If you want to know why I'm morally against religion then watch this (hilarious) video by the King of Comedy RIP:

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2012, 12:11:24 AM »
George Carlin is a traitor to America.

Back to you, alleged nationalistic.

I actually know people with scientific theories refused by scientific communities because there "was no way to prove it" although the argument they made is "it doesn't conform to naturalistic thinking". The product went on to work superbly, but I do have to insure I'm not associated with him, so all I can leave you with on that is there are thousands of such examples of ground-breaking science being thrown away along with the years of testing, because self-glorified idiots couldn't prove they are monkeys with it.

Onto proof of G-d. Let's start with you have to be a complete idiot not to see the proof whenever you open your eyes. I've never had this conversation with an atheist and not converted them to agnosticism, which is a great place for you to think from (and yes, questioning the existence of g-d once as you know his words and want to believe in him will bring out the most philosophically advanced thoughts you are capable of).

I worked 10 hours today and am doing 12 tomorrow, so lets keep this snappy:

Every relative has an absolute. Einstein

You are relative to time; only in time do you exist, and without time you are nothing, never were nor ever will be. Time is not an absolute (explaining this or following the chain is a several hour speech), and therefore something must exist that is in control of time and is timeless. As sad as I am with the absurd directions quantum physics has been taking, it does require a "G-d particle" to explain the relativity of matter, how 99.999% empty space be rock hard. This is something that all matter is composed of, but in itself is above matter, which will take me half an hour to explain.

G-d says he is the beginning and the end in Torah, and that he is all things and they are in him.

Now you have a G-d and a proven book, which you should have trusted in the first place, considering your laws (unless muslim), freedom, science (not false science), culture (western minus liberalism), and the fact that you were born a Jew, the most successful people per capita historically, because they read and learn from a book with such genius, there could only be one author, and the rest of the world reads the communist manifesto and the koran, and become dummies.

Know who's side your on. If G-d had to choose between muzzies and commies as his people, they wouldn't exist. And according to prophesy, when G-d has to prove himself for the zillionth time in this day and age, you'll wish he hadn't, and didn't need to, for several reasons.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Probationary member
  • Junior JTFer
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
George Carlin is a traitor to America.

I don't care about his politics. He's funny. Stop being so serious.

Back to you, alleged nationalistic.

I actually know people with scientific theories refused by scientific communities because there "was no way to prove it" although the argument they made is "it doesn't conform to naturalistic thinking". The product went on to work superbly, but I do have to insure I'm not associated with him, so all I can leave you with on that is there are thousands of such examples of ground-breaking science being thrown away along with the years of testing, because self-glorified idiots couldn't prove they are monkeys with it.

Onto proof of G-d. Let's start with you have to be a complete idiot not to see the proof whenever you open your eyes. I've never had this conversation with an atheist and not converted them to agnosticism, which is a great place for you to think from (and yes, questioning the existence of g-d once as you know his words and want to believe in him will bring out the most philosophically advanced thoughts you are capable of).

I worked 10 hours today and am doing 12 tomorrow, so lets keep this snappy:

Every relative has an absolute. Einstein

You are relative to time; only in time do you exist, and without time you are nothing, never were nor ever will be. Time is not an absolute (explaining this or following the chain is a several hour speech), and therefore something must exist that is in control of time and is timeless. As sad as I am with the absurd directions quantum physics has been taking, it does require a "G-d particle" to explain the relativity of matter, how 99.999% empty space be rock hard. This is something that all matter is composed of, but in itself is above matter, which will take me half an hour to explain.

G-d says he is the beginning and the end in Torah, and that he is all things and they are in him.

Now you have a G-d and a proven book, which you should have trusted in the first place, considering your laws (unless muslim), freedom, science (not false science), culture (western minus liberalism), and the fact that you were born a Jew, the most successful people per capita historically, because they read and learn from a book with such genius, there could only be one author, and the rest of the world reads the communist manifesto and the koran, and become dummies.

Know who's side your on. If G-d had to choose between muzzies and commies as his people, they wouldn't exist. And according to prophesy, when G-d has to prove himself for the zillionth time in this day and age, you'll wish he hadn't, and didn't need to, for several reasons.

Woah woah woah. I'm an agnostic that supports humanist deists and other open minded thinkers. I am an existentialist so I know exactly what you're talking about.

We can pretty much summarize the "time is not relative" argument, which is true, with "there was no beginning and there can be no end" which is true as far as we know. All this does is confirm the existentialist philosophy that NOTHING makes sense when it comes to beginning/end. God had to had to have been created though. Something can't always exist if it hadn't been created.

Think for example about the Universe. Why is God here and what's the point? Who made him all powerful? Why do all this? We cannot comprehend nothingness. This is why existentialism is the best policy. Live just to live. Admit that you cannot explain everything, but try to explain as much as you can by proving it, but live your life the way you want it. As long as you aren't being a menace to society and hurting people, your hobbies are your own,as the Founders of the US would have put it.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2012, 12:39:02 AM »

We can pretty much summarize the "time is not relative" argument, which is true, with "there was no beginning and there can be no end" which is true as far as we know. All this does is confirm the existentialist philosophy that NOTHING makes sense when it comes to beginning/end. G-d had to had to have been created though. Something can't always exist if it hadn't been created.

You can't prove any of this.  Yet you believe it and live by it.

(Added some bold for emphasis.)

In fact, these unfounded assertions have never been proven by ANYONE at any period in hisotry anywhere.  Ever.  And yet you presume them and live by them.
But the facts expressed in the Torah happened to a people long ago, our ancestors, and they had all the proof they needed when they communicated with G-d as a nation and were rescued out of slavery.  That's a lot more to go on, wouldn't ya say?   I live by Torah because it actually happened somewhere other than some professor's office with know-it-alls talking crap with each other in a semicircle basking in how smart others perceive them and their astute commentaries (in between sips of latte and texting).  Real events, not theory.

I would use a more apt (though related) description than semicircle but this forum has standards and I will respect them.

• Probationary member
  • Junior JTFer
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2012, 12:58:31 AM »
You can't prove any of this.  Yet you believe it and live by it.

(Added some bold for emphasis.)

In fact, these unfounded assertions have never been proven by ANYONE at any period in hisotry anywhere.  Ever.  And yet you presume them and live by them.
But the facts expressed in the Torah happened to a people long ago, our ancestors, and they had all the proof they needed when they communicated with G-d as a nation and were rescued out of slavery.  That's a lot more to go on, wouldn't ya say?   I live by Torah because it actually happened somewhere other than some professor's office with know-it-alls talking crap with each other in a semicircle basking in how smart others perceive them and their astute commentaries (in between sips of latte and texting).  Real events, not theory.

I would use a more apt (though related) description than semicircle but this forum has standards and I will respect them.

... Are you kidding me? I just agreed that there is no proof of time starting or ending, and you told me that I can't prove it? I can't prove the no proof, that doesn't make sense.

How do you know that your ancestors did this and that it wasn't just written by some guy somewhere? Why do you deny Hindu and Buddhist philosophy?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
... Are you kidding me? I just agreed that there is no proof of time starting or ending, and you told me that I can't prove it? I can't prove the no proof, that doesn't make sense.

How do you know that your ancestors did this and that it wasn't just written by some guy somewhere? Why do you deny Hindu and Buddhist philosophy?

Because the Jewish people have a Mesorah where things were passed down from father to son, mother to daughter. It would not be possible for someone to just say that every Jew witnessed the revelation at Sinai. The Jewish faith cannot be compared to others because Jewish history is replete with validation of the prophecies.

But what I have to say to you Mr SecularNationalist is this. I rebuke you for your rejection of your heritage. I try to remind myself that you claim you are of Russian descent which explains it if your family experienced the Soviet Union. The Soviet system was intent on trying to destroy the Jewish faith and it almost succeeded except for the Chassidic Rabbis who kept teaching Torah even at the risk of their lives.

And the leader of JTF, Chaim Ben Pesach and his Rabbi Rabbi Kahane both fought for the liberation of Soviet Jewry. My family left Ukraine in the 1890s and they missed much of the devastation of the Jewish people in Europe. Many Jews lost their faith there, but many more also gained their faith and saw the rebirth of the Jewish nation. The dreams of our fathers actually materialized in their generation.

A person who believes only in science is not a scientist. Putting faith in science is, as I have said here many times, a form of idolatry. Hashem created space and time, and he operates outside the rules that we do in this world. I cannot even begin to explain to you how Hashem exists because his 'existance' is not something we can comprehend.

Believing that man will know all the answers, or that everything can be measured and weighed via algorithms and calculations is a foolish thing. I studied Computer Science at one of the best schools and understand a lot about computer science {with over 25 years of experience in the field} but I am humble enough to admit that there are things which are beyond my understanding.

I have seen scientific theories come and go. And in many cases the 'business of science' becomes the important thing, and the actual data for the science is manipulated. This occurs both in environmental and biological/pharmaceutical sciences. To believe every report of findings is not wise, and it leads to losing faith in the scientific community.

I suspect I am a bit older than you are. And as a result I must have some compassion on you because you have not experienced the world yet. Many young people don't listen to their parents and rebel.  I did not believe the teachings of my parents till I was well into my 30s. But you have a contempt and a mocking attitude which I never had myself. I never mocked the religious and I always respected my elders.

I do not enjoy engaging in conversation with you. I feel sorry for someone, who claims to be Jewish, who forfeits his connection with the creator. You may want to believe that all religions are the same but you will discover that you were born Jewish for a reason, it is a mission for the Jewish soul. We are not trying to convert anyone, and we are not trying to force anything on anyone.

This thread was started about homosexual marriage. The Torah and our moral laws are meant to create an enlightened and 'Holy' nation. When we engage in things which lower our spiritual level {such as engaging in intercourse purely for animalistic intentions} we bring darkness into our souls. You have questioned the existence of the soul, but I believe you will find your soul shortly. I knew I had a soul when I was 8 years old.

So I don't really think JTF is a place for you to find friends. Most of us here have faith in Hashem, in one way or another, and our Nationalistic view is dictated by the Torahs command for the Jewish people to occupy the land which was promised to Abrahams children. I am sure there are forums where your opinion would be valued and I hope you find such a forum for your ideas. I believe you are bright and you have a lot of potential. But I will not sit here and listen to such blather as you have expressed here. I don't know if you intended to be obnoxious or 'avante garde' but when you started posting here a light in my head lit up saying 'troll'.

I do not feel any hatred for you, nor do I wish you ill. But I do pray that all of the Jewish people will stand together one day and say 'Shema Yisroel'.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2012, 02:30:25 AM »
I've enjoyed reading the guy's posts. Even if, say, he's a non-Jew claiming to be Jewish just to observe reactions and practice rhetorical skills here, that's fine. Not to accuse him of anything, but you never know with people on the internet. People claiming to be this, that, and the other for various reasons abound, of course. I only mention this because Muman said he initially thought, "Troll!". I didn't think that at all, by the way, since people can have other reasons for not being candid about who they really are  besides trolling / mischief.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »
I understand that you have belief, which is perfectly okay unless you harm others, but killing people for being gay and commanding others to follow your unproven book is unacceptable in a civilized society. Every religious person thinks that they somehow have proof but trust me, these arguments have taken place over and over again in many academic places, so you're not presenting anything new

I was Agnostic for years, (well Muslim if you count family wise), there is NO WAY prophesied events in the holy book written 3,000 years ago is "unproven" or "unacceptable" as you claim.

No human was able to predict the exact number of days circling the moon.
No human was able to predict that fish would have fins and scales together only.
Do you really think any human can write a book 3,000 years ago foretelling the events three millenniums later?

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2012, 07:09:36 AM »
Secular..

For me Tesla was the greatest scientist of all. This is what he wrote:

"It has been my intention to leave immediately for Paris in compliance with a similar obligation, but Sir James Dewar insisted on my appearing before the Royal Institution. I was a man of firm resolve, but succumbed easily to the forceful arguments of the great Scotsman. He pushed me into a chair and poured out half a glass of a wonderful brown fluid which sparkled in all sorts of iridescent colors and tasted like nectar. "Now," said he, "you are sitting in Faraday's chair and you are enjoying whiskey he used to drink." (Which did not interest me very much, as I had altered my opinion concerning strong drink). The next evening I have a demonstration before the Royal Institution, at the termination of which, Lord Rayleigh addressed the audience and his generous words gave me the first start in these endeavors. I fled from London and later from Paris, to escape favors showered upon me, and journeyed to my home, where I passed through a most painful ordeal and illness. Upon regaining my health, I began to formulate plans for the resumption of work in America. Up to that time I never realized that I possessed any particular gift of discovery, but Lord Rayleigh, whom I always considered as an ideal man of science, had said so and if that was the case, I felt that I should concentrate on some big idea. At this time, as at many other times in the past, my thoughts turned towards my Mother's teaching. The gift of mental power comes from G-d, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. My Mother had taught me to seek all truth in the Bible; therefore I devoted the next few months to the study of this work."

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2012, 08:09:44 AM »

You are just changing you story now.  I highlighted in bold some of the things you wrote.  I quoted you directly.      There are many more things than even the few you wrote in that comment which you (and every living person) take for granted and assume as true in your daily life - many things which are not biology experiments and have not (or simply cannot) be "proven" as such.   If you really used the "prove it to me in a biology experiment" litmus test for everything, you could not function in society.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2012, 09:49:35 AM »
I'm asking about proving every bit of the Bible as true. If you cannot, then it's not accepted scientifically and it's moronic to quote from it, plain and simple. If I present something to my biology professor, he would have me do the experiment, then he'd do it, then everybody in the biology department would do it, and then every biologist in the world would be asked to reproduce the same results.

1- Your being hypocritical. you ask for the proof of all the Torah, but then you say you don't have even 2 hours?
 Do you spend almost no time doing your biology experiments? Or do you take the time to do the experiments and see the results. All is asked of you is to look into the matter and proofs. Be the judge. But to be the judge one needs to at least enter the courtroom, no?
 You had/have questions on the Torah. Fine by us, soo now go learnm, go do the imperical experiments and see the results. BUT don't go making statements without looking at the responses and already coming to your own preconcieved beliefs.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Probationary member
  • Junior JTFer
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
You're right. I don't think this forum is for me. I'll stick to the politicalforum. But as you hope that I view things from a religious standpoint, I hope you start viewing things from a secular standpoint, and understand how insane it would be to justify persecution because of a book (aka what the Muslims do).

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2012, 01:54:18 PM »
You're right. I don't think this forum is for me. I'll stick to the politicalforum. But as you hope that I view things from a religious standpoint, I hope you start viewing things from a secular standpoint, and understand how insane it would be to justify persecution because of a book (aka what the Muslims do).

Whaaa???  You are joining a religious forum to tell us to be secularists???  Can't you see how absurd this is?

And your making an absurd comparison....   We don't persecute those who DON'T read the same thing as we do.   About half of the members here are NOT Jewish.... we even have a couple Hindus here.

And how DARE you compare the Bible/Torah to the Koran.    The Koran is a hateful book filled with commands of Jihad.... a book filled with commands to kill, mutiliate, and torture.   

If you want to make a valid comparison, compare it to Mein Kampf.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2012, 02:08:53 PM »

Where is their persecuation? Under Jewish Halacha the critreria for execution are numerous. No one advotacted "persecution" for the gays or others.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »

Ignorance must be bliss to you...I guess you don't have a brain...or simply don't want to use it properly.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Probationary member
  • Junior JTFer
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »
Ignorance must be bliss to you...I guess you don't have a brain...or simply don't want to use it properly.

Do me a favor. Enter a debate in your local University. PLEASE. Record for me. I would like a laugh. Ignorance = religion which is bliss for some. It helps people deal with death because it gives them stupid claims of an afterlife. You've gotta be on some level of insanity if you think that agnostics, aka people who don't take sides on the issue of God, are somehow ignorant.

And to the person that said that the Koran is a hate filled book, I agree, but you might want to read your book as well. Selling your daughters as slaves, killing those who don't keep the Sabbath, ordering genocide in Caananite cities. You can find crazy verses in any website. The calmest book of all is the Bhagavad Gita from the Hindus.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »
Again, ignorance is bliss for you.  You can read books and take things literally or you can realize that these books are books to show us how to live.

Do you know anything about the Cannanites?  What they did to their own children?  How they tried to pervert society?

I'm sure it's also politically incorrect to wipe out the memory of the Amalekites.  That Haman's execution was inhumane.  If you don't learn from the past, you are bound to repeat it.  Since you show disdane towards the Torah, which is a historical book and a book of morality, your life will be screwed over..and if not you, it will be your children, your children's children and etc because of you..Because you taught them nothing.  You left them secular with no understanding of why it is important to do moral things and not do immoral things.

People like you have no brain.

And the point I wanted to make about my brain comment originally was that just because knowing that it exists even though you have never seen it is the same way how this universe is.  Gd DOES exist because this universe still operates.  And if Gd exists, so does the Torah He gave to Moses and the Israelites which was passed down from generation to generation.  And those who decided to not take it seriously and change a few things and be agnostic about or become Reform Jews to make things more politically correct, well, they were destroyed physically or spiritually.

I can acknowledge that I'm not a religious observant Jew and that I respect those who are.  And I know that is what every Jew should strive to become as quickly or as slowly they can.  You, on the other hand, run in the opposite direction and find Judaism irrelevant.  And by doing that, it is as if you eventually become kind to the cruel and cruel to the kind.  Since you  don't believe in the Torah that shows what morality truly is in every form, whether you live it or not, you will be unable to show your children true Jewish values and they will wander off to find strange gods to your demise when they need to understand real and true justice in this universe.

We were not put here just to walk around aimlessly and then die.  There is justice for the righteous who live short hard lives and justice for the wicked who live long good lives.  That's why there has to be an afterlife even though we have never seen it.  Much like why we know we have a brain that helps move our arms and legs and speak, but have never seen our own brains.

But you lack any ability to use your brain appropriately and I feel sorry for you.  Too bad so sad.

ote author=secularnationalist link=topic=61395.msg545765#msg545765 date=1337368302]
Do me a favor. Enter a debate in your local University. PLEASE. Record for me. I would like a laugh. Ignorance = religion which is bliss for some. It helps people deal with death because it gives them stupid claims of an afterlife. You've gotta be on some level of insanity if you think that agnostics, aka people who don't take sides on the issue of G-d, are somehow ignorant.

And to the person that said that the Koran is a hate filled book, I agree, but you might want to read your book as well. Selling your daughters as slaves, killing those who don't keep the Sabbath, ordering genocide in Caananite cities. You can find crazy verses in any website. The calmest book of all is the Bhagavad Gita from the Hindus.
[/quote]