Author Topic: Orthodox Jewish employers fire woman for being to sexual and for flaunting it  (Read 2360 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=4421 

NJ woman claims Orthodox boss fired her for being 'too hot'

Lauren Odes, 29, says her Orthodox Jewish employers at Native Intimates told her she dressed too provocatively • Her lawyer, Gloria Allred, files a gender and religious discrimination complaint.

Reuters and Israel Hayom Staff

The New Jersey woman (left) who claims her Orthodox Jewish employers dismissed her for dressing immodestly at the workplace.
|
Photo credit: Reuters

A New Jersey woman said on Monday that her Orthodox Jewish employers dismissed her from a temporary job at a New York lingerie warehouse because they felt she was too busty and dressed too provocatively for the workplace.

Wearing a form-fitting sequined black dress and black leather, sequin-studded boots, Lauren Odes, 29, said her Orthodox Jewish employers at Native Intimates told her that outfit and others like it were "too hot" for the warehouse.

"We should not be judged by the size of our breasts or the shape of our body," Odes said.

Odes' attorney, celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, said she filed a gender and religious discrimination complaint with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in New York.

Odes said she felt her wardrobe was appropriate for a business that sells "thongs with hearts placed in the female genital area and boy shorts for women that say 'hot' in the buttocks area."

Media photographers climbed on chairs and crashed into each other as Odes held a pose and Allred held up a series of purple, black and brown outfits she said also led to the woman's dismissal.

Odes said that on successive days during her week-long employment in late April she was warned that her attire was too alluring, that her breasts should be taped down to make them look smaller, and that she was asked to wear a red bathrobe to cover one outfit.

"This whole experience has been horrifying to me," she told reporters. "I love fashion and I always will, but I don't believe any woman should be treated as I was."

Odes, whose said her duties included data entry and coordinating the shipping of samples to customers, said she eventually agreed to purchase a sweater to wear over her dress, but was dismissed anyway.

"I understand that there are Orthodox Jewish men who may have their views about how a woman should dress ... but I do not feel that any employer has the right to impose their religious beliefs on me," she said.

An employee at the company had no immediate comment on Odes' claims.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
"dismissed her from a temporary job "

Anyway, this is soo stupid. Even if completly true, it is their buisness and that is what they want to do, soo be it.
 By the way the link with here picture shows one(actually 2) ugly Bi%^&
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
"dismissed her from a temporary job "

Anyway, this is soo stupid. Even if completly true, it is their buisness and that is what they want to do, soo be it.
 By the way the link with here picture shows one(actually 2) ugly Bi%^&
Thats her idiot lawyer from san francisco gloria allred a publicity hound
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Sounds to me the termination was completely justified.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Odes said that on successive days during her week-long employment in late April she was warned that her attire was too alluring, that her breasts should be taped down to make them look smaller, and that she was asked to wear a red bathrobe to cover one outfit.
:::D :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I saw this on the news.  Her nipples were showing through her dress.  She should be wearing a super supportive bra!

Besides I love how the media is turning against religious Jews.  I hate the media with their twists and lies.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
OMG story #1 on aol? Really? She is ugly as F#$%, I love the way some of these ugly girls think they are too hot. She was dressing as a $(^!, too bad. The media will only make it much tougher for women to find jobs now, since people will have to think twice to hire any women since they might get sued then.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I think it's wrong to ask her to tape her breasts down but I can't help but think this has to be a hit piece of some kind. I'd have to see what she was wearing to be able to tell if it looked immodest or not. If her nipples were visible through her clothing then yes she needed a thicker bra or camisole under her clothes to help hide them.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
I think it's wrong to ask her to tape her breasts down but I can't help but think this has to be a hit piece of some kind. I'd have to see what she was wearing to be able to tell if it looked immodest or not. If her nipples were visible through her clothing then yes she needed a thicker bra or camisole under her clothes to help hide them.

Gloria Allred is a notorious manhater and sicko.  She is behind every deranged woman's lawsuit in America.  The ONE exception to this is when she represented the Goldman's and Nicole Simpson's sister.  I mean you couldn't find a more pathologically man hating woman anywhere on the planet earth.  Really Ruby just take a quick look at her resume and you will not believe your eyes

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I saw this on the news.  Her nipples were showing through her dress.  She should be wearing a super supportive bra!

Besides I love how the media is turning against religious Jews.  I hate the media with their twists and lies.

You noticed this also.... I saw two negative stories about Jews in the news yesterday...

First there was that 'Ultra-Orthodox' meeting at Citifield where the Dangers of the Internet were discussed. The media ostracized the Jews who were involved and then the comment sections were filled with 'Dirty Jew' comments. And then I read that Chelsea Clinton, on the very same day, had a meeting discussing the very same topic and yet nobody said anything negative about Chelsea Clinton... Double standard, absolutely..

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/21/opinion/clinton-steyer-internet-kids/index.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/internet-leads-60-000-ultra-orthodox-jewish-men-citi-field-arthur-ashe-stadium-warn-dangers-internet-article-1.1082281
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Lol just imagine this type of interaction between man and wife.

"Now get in that kitchen, woman!  ... and tape down those breasts?"  I dunno, second part seems a bit out of place.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
It is definatly the fault of the employer. How can you be so stupid to speak openly to an employee, specially someone like this?

First you make the decision and then you have to look for a way that is 100 percent legal and without complication. Now they have a money and time consuming fight for nothing. This is stupid.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
It is definatly the fault of the employer. How can you be so stupid to speak openly to an employee, specially someone like this?

First you make the decision and then you have to look for a way that is 100 percent legal and without complication. Now they have a money and time consuming fight for nothing. This is stupid.

The thing is, ulli, THIS MAY HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
The thing is, ulli, THIS MAY HAVE NEVER HAPPENED.

Yes of cause I agree, that the whole issue is wrong.

But the world is how it is. If we are ignoring this fact, we will suffer from lots of pain. I have learned my lessons, but my heart and my believes have not changed.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Gloria Allred is a notorious manhater and sicko.  She is behind every deranged woman's lawsuit in America.  The ONE exception to this is when she represented the Goldman's and Nicole Simpson's sister.  I mean you couldn't find a more pathologically man hating woman anywhere on the planet earth.  Really Ruby just take a quick look at her resume and you will not believe your eyes

She sounds like a real monster.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Google Images is your friend.
Just search for: "Lauren Odes"
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774