Author Topic: Israel to receive extremely advanced 4th Dolphin class submarine from Germany  (Read 716 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
One of the most advanced submarines in the world.  Just in time, to take on Iran.    I'm very glad Israel is receiving  it, but I wish she could make it herself.    Maybe one day!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/156254

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
I agree !  Loose one ! :)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I thought they and a lot of other European countries hated Israel. I wonder what the ulterior motives are?

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Israeli modifications:

Reports claim Israel has modified the Dolphin's 650mm launch tubes to allow the launch of missiles that could carry nuclear warheads. Such missiles would feasibly give Israel – which maintains a policy of nuclear ambiguity – a second-strike deterrent capability.

This submarine will allow Israel to project much more power into the the third sphere:  The Persian Gulf.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I thought they and a lot of other European countries hated Israel. I wonder what the ulterior motives are?
I think the German government like being a key weapon supplier because the use this to show how the 'new germany' cares for the security of the Jewish state. At the same time it gives them leverage over Israel which they use to pressure israel to move forward with the piecemeal process and raises their international prestige as an inflencial power. And most of all I think it's about business. They need the IDF as a client so there wouldn't be layoffs at the Kiel shipyards.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Good news.  :jump:
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
I think the German government like being a key weapon supplier because the use this to show how the 'new germany' cares for the security of the Jewish state. At the same time it gives them leverage over Israel which they use to pressure israel to move forward with the piecemeal process and raises their international prestige as an inflencial power. And most of all I think it's about business. They need the IDF as a client so there wouldn't be layoffs at the Kiel shipyards.

Good analysis

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
Yip! I agree  the  New Germany ! :::D

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Hopefully will be put to good use.