Author Topic: Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi - The End 2012 In Los Angeles  (Read 5004 times)

Offline GdMilitaryIsrael

• New JTFer
  • Have Answer about Judaism Or G-d?Enter
    • All answers about Judaism(divineinformation)
Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi - The End 2012 In Los Angeles
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:37:56 PM »
For more lectures Visit Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi Website - http://www.divineinformation.com/

Have Answer about Judaism Or G-d?Enter
http://www.divineinformation.com

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi - The End 2012 In Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
One thing I can say about Rabbi Mizrachi... He always talks for a LONG, LONG, LONG time... I cannot watch this today {I'm at work} but I may watch it tonight when I get home. I know he doesn't say that the end of the world will happen in 2012 {I have heard him talk about the era of Moshiach many times before} but he named it thus to get people to watch it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »
i listened before and from what I remember he does not follow with the 2012 (just named it  this way for publicisy I suppose).
 But look at this clown claiming 2012 and it being in the Zohar.  :laugh:  Yett another great example of Zoharic stupidity. Maybe I'll save this and show it again at 2013. I would like to see what he and people like this who only waste time and make the Torah look bad will say. When will we be following the correctly again?

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »
Apparently I just found out their is more (why not surprisingly?)
 Here a zoharic/Messicist/2012 er

4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:51:28 PM »
I have not heard a single reliable Rabbi who quotes the Zohar say 2012 is the end of the world. Certainly there are those who believe false beliefs in every group.

This has no bearing on the value of the Zohar to the Jewish people.

BTW, Rabbi Mizrachi quotes often from the Zohar.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:56:37 PM »
Tag,

I watched the video you posted and he never said that 2012 is the end of the world. In you zeal to try to defame the Zohar you ignored the message that David Katz was relating. He simply stated that the year is ripe for redemption. I have heard this before and it is not saying what you imply it says.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »
I also have no problem with Rabbis saying that Redemption is coming soon. I await his coming every day. When I wake in the morning I look for signs that Moshaich has arrived. This is what we are supposed to do according to Rambam.

It is wrong to lead people to believe it is happening when it is not. But for 100s of years we have known that it is coming soon. There is the belief that the Calender will be fufilled by the year 6000 {and we are in 5772 now} this means we have at most 228 years to go...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:06:21 PM »
http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-category/the-basics-of-judaism/the-messiah/?p=998

The Messiah and 6000 years
How do we know that the world will end in the year 6,000? There are many differing contexts of the coming of the Messiah has anyone sorted out the contexts so that we can gauge a clear view?

Here are some sources for the world lasting six thousand years:

Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin [97a]: “Rav Kattina said: ‘The world will exist for 6000 years and one (thousand) of destruction’ ... We have a teaching which is in agreement with Rav Kattina, as the seventh is the sabbatical year – one in seven years. Likewise the world will rest 1,000 in 7000 … ‘a thousand years in Your eyes are like yesterday which has passed …’ [Psalms 90:4].”

Talmud, Tractate Avodah Zarah [9a]: “The world will exist for six thousand years: two millennia of void (‘tohu’); Two millennia of Torah; and then two millennia of the age of Moshiach.”

Nachmanides, Commentary on the Torah (Genesis 2:3), quoting Kabbalistic sources: “Each of the Six Days of Creation corresponds to a 1,000 year period of future history.”

As for a clearer view of what it will be like when Moshiach comes, the basic answer is: a lot better than this.

From the Prophets, Talmud and Midrashim, we know what universal changes Moshiach will bring about. Among them: the whole world will return to G-d and His teachings; the entire Jewish People will be gathered back to the Land of Israel; the royal dynasty of King David will be restored; Jerusalem and the Third Temple will be rebuilt; the Temple service will be restored, along with the keeping of the Sabbatical Year (Shmitah) and the Jubilee Year (Yovel); the Sanhedrin, the religious supreme court of the Jewish people, will be reestablished.

No big deal, right?

In what order and in exactly what manner these events will occur, we do not know. G-d did not reveal the future that clearly to us. We do know certain ways that it cannot happen in any way which contradicts the Torah.

There are sources that do an excellent job of laying out clearly everything we do know about Moshiach. In English, the two best sources are The Handbook of Jewish Thought, Volume II, by Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan and The Way of G-d (Derech Hashem) by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzatto.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/87/Q2/

Is there a year in particular that we should be expecting "Mashiach" or the "Messianic Age", whatever that is? I've heard that this should be around the year 6000 [from Creation], but if that's true then we have another 240 years or so to go. What's all the fuss about Mashiach, if we have another two centuries before he shows up on the scene?

Dear Uri,

The Mashiach is a king descended from David who will eventually restore Davidic rule. Among other things, he will gather the Jewish people, teach them all to follow the ways of Torah, and build the Beit HaMikdash (Holy Temple).

As far as the actual day of Mashiach's arrival, it's been a shrouded secret since time immemorial. Jacob knew prophetically, but when he sought to reveal it to his 12 sons, he was mysteriously unable. Daniel knew, and encoded it into the Book of Daniel for only the wisest.

Someone once asked Rabbi Velvul Soleveitchick - the 'Brisker Rav'- the following:

"In the daily prayers we say, 'I believe with total conviction in the coming of Mashiach; and though he delay, nevertheless, I wait every day for him to come.' That means Mashiach can arrive any day. But according to the Midrash, three days beforehand Elijah the Prophet will announce the Mashiach's arrival! How, then, can we possibly anticipate the Mashiach every single day? Isn't it a prerequisite that Eliyahu HaNavi will come three days in advance of the Mashiach??

"When Mashiach comes," the Brisker Rav said, "He will answer that question.

As far as the year 6000 is concerned, it is simply an upper limit -- i.e., by the year 6000 the Mashiach will already be here. But that's not to say that it can't happen sooner.

In these matters, says the Rambam, no one knows exactly what will happen until it happens. The Rambam cautions against being preoccupied with Midrashim about Mashiach, since ultimately such things add nothing to one's love and awe of Hashem.

Sources:

Rambam Hilchot Melachim 11:1,4 12:2

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »

Offline GdMilitaryIsrael

• New JTFer
  • Have Answer about Judaism Or G-d?Enter
    • All answers about Judaism(divineinformation)
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 12:11:40 PM »
The end of the world date according to Judaism will be on July 28th 2012!!(Tisha B'av Day)
And we have more then alot of proofs for that date in hebrew From the Zohar and the Bible on hundreds of bible code!
Have Answer about Judaism Or G-d?Enter
http://www.divineinformation.com

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
quote:GdMilitaryIsrael
The end of the world date according to Judaism will be on July 28th 2012!!(Tisha B'av Day)
And we have more then alot of proofs for that date in hebrew From the Zohar and the Bible on hundreds of bible code!
I am 100% sure you are wrong in your interpretation on what Judaism has to say on the subject and also we don't know enough about bible codes to make such precise predictions about Tisha B'av, July 28th.
Drosnin already wrote a long book of wrong predictions based on his understanding of Bible Codes.
Also the Zohar made a few predictions of the future that did not come true.
Sorry to be so skeptical about your idea, but I am just trying to save the Jewish world from Embarrassment, when your predictions, do not come to be.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 12:49:17 PM »

NO, its according to you. And by the way I hope you stick around and this topic is bumped on or the day after that day. I will be sending you one big  :laugh:  And let people see the sillyness of such talk and "predictions"

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 05:00:55 PM »

This statement is incorrect. It is only according to those who believe those findings. And most Jews don't believe that...

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 08:52:22 AM »

*Checks calendar*
do you have anymore fortune stories? XD

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 04:05:05 AM »
*Checks calendar*
do you have anymore fortune stories? XD

Lol

Wonder if he boarded the mothership...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »
 :laugh: I noticed it as well. Or are they going to tell us that the calender has been rigged and forward by a month or a year or some other silliness. Gladd that someone bumped this thread or else like all the other non-sense about these dates we would just forget this one and be told of another coming up "doomsday".