Author Topic: Romney says he would do “the opposite” of Obama and stand firm with Israel  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
From Arutz Sheva: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/156936

Romney Woos Christians with Support for Israel
Romney stumped for the Christian vote in Pennsylvania my promising he would do “the opposite” of Obama and stand firm with Israel.
By Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu 6/17/2012, 9:23 AM

Mitt Romney stumped for the “evangelical Christian vote in Pennsylvania on Saturday by promising a cheering crowd he would do “the opposite” of President Barack Obama and stand firm with Israel.

Polls show that Pennsylvania is solidly behind the president, but Republicans see a change in the surveys that indicate they have a shot at taking the state in the general elections in November. The last time a Republican presidential candidate won Pennsylvania was in 1988, when George Bush was elected after Ronald Reagan’s two terms as president.

Romney’s Mormon faith is an obstacle to his sewing up the evangelical Christian vote, and his speech to the Faith and Freedom Coalition, an evangelical Christian political organization, made it clear to voters they must realize the urgency of supporting him. Faith and Freedom Coalition director Ralph Reed warned the audience that President Obama is waging what he called a “war against religion.”

Romney underlined the importance of backing Israel and stopping Iran from achieving nuclear capability. Obama is sounding “like he's more frightened that Israel might take military action than he's concerned that Iran might become nuclear,” said the unofficial de facto Republican candidate.

He drew scornful laughter from an appreciative crowd when he said of President Obama, "I think, by and large, you can just look at the things the president has done and do the opposite.”

The president's campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt responded that Obama has sent Israel “the largest security assistance packages in history" and is working with a coalition of Western countries to stop Iran’s nuclear development. Israelis leaders have said it may be too late to do so.

Romney made it clear he would favor military action, if necessary, to stop Iran. He said, without  specifically calling for a military strike, "I would make it very clear that for us, as well as for them, it is unacceptable for Iran to become a nuclear nation and that we're prepared to take any and all action to keep that from happening.”

He also said that if he were president now, he would encourage Turkey and Saudi Arabia to arm the opposition in Syria.

"I think we have to have a very careful review of who's giving a fair shot to the American people," Romney said Saturday.

Poll shows that Romney is trailing by at a least six percentage points but has not gained 50 percent of support because of undecided voters, Philadelphia Inquirer’s Thomas Fitzgerald noted last week.

“In addition, the president’s job approval rating in this survey (46 percent) is worse than his likability rating of 77 percent,” he added. “By 49 percent to 41 percent, respondents say that Romney would do a better job of handling the economy. Asked which candidate would create more jobs, 45 percent picked the Republican, to 43 percent who named Obama.”[/size]
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Don't trust him on this issue! He'll be another George W. Bush or worse on this issue. Yes he'll likely be better than Obama, and perhaps that's all that matters right now, but this is not something you should count on when it comes time for him to make tough decisions.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
quote from rubystars
Don't trust him on this issue! He'll be another George W. Bush or worse on this issue. Yes he'll likely be better than Obama, and perhaps that's all that matters right now, but this is not something you should count on when it comes time for him to make tough decisions.

You are probably right.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Well if Romney turns out being like old G.W.B  Israel will be almost free to sink or swim on its own... In my opinion Bush took about one of the most hands off approaches on Israel of most recent presidents.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
Well if Romney turns out being like old G.W.B  Israel will be almost free to sink or swim on its own... In my opinion Bush took about one of the most hands off approaches on Israel of most recent presidents.

I wonder if the former residents of Gush Katif would agree with that. He supported them being thrown out of their homes.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb

I too, can't fully trust Romney but anybody would be an improvement over Obongo.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Bitter pill has to be swallowed with a lot of water and honey.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
I wonder if the former residents of Gush Katif would agree with that. He supported them being thrown out of their homes.
They should register their complaints with Ariel Scheinermann... He was the final word on the expulsion not GWB.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
The Bush administration was constantly pressuring Israel into new phoney peace deals, such as the "Road Map to Peace".
Bush did not fulfill the law that requires the USA to move its embassy to Jerusalem.
Bush did not free Pollard.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
They should register their complaints with Ariel Scheinermann... He was the final word on the expulsion not GWB.

I still feel like GWB was really evil in that situation.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.