Author Topic: Leishmaniasis endemic to Texas  (Read 892 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Leishmaniasis endemic to Texas
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:01:30 AM »
This is because of illegals!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Leishmaniasis endemic to Texas
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »
Leishmaniasis is endemic in some area of Israel (it is also known as "Jericho Fever"). From what I read about the sand fly, it can only fly close to the ground. So If you sleep on a bed that is over 70cm high you should be safe (unless one of your limbs extends down while you sleep). Also, once the body overcomes the infection, you become immune to it. But people can be bitten multiple times and suffer terrible scarring before they overcome the parasite. The Bedouins set their babies to sleep at night wrapped with blankets but with their buttocks exposed to purposely get them bitten in the buttock and develop immunity so to avoid scars in more prominent areas like the face.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »
Leishmaniasis is endemic in some area of Israel (it is also known as "Jericho Fever"). From what I read about the sand fly, it can only fly close to the ground. So If you sleep on a bed that is over 70cm high you should be safe (unless one of your limbs extends down while you sleep). Also, once the body overcomes the infection, you become immune to it. But people can be bitten multiple times and suffer terrible scarring before they overcome the parasite. The Bedouins set their babies to sleep at night wrapped with blankets but with their buttocks exposed to purposely get them bitten in the buttock and develop immunity so to avoid scars in more prominent areas like the face.

There's a guy on youtube who says he had an open sore on his face from it for at least a year, and that's with modern medical treatment. The Bedouin solution makes sense only in a primitive context. They choose to be primitive, when they don't have to be. I think to deliberately expose a child to something like that is abusive. It would be better if they could use some kind of insect repellent.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:11:07 AM »
There's a guy on youtube who says he had an open sore on his face from it for at least a year, and that's with modern medical treatment. The Bedouin solution makes sense only in a primitive context. They choose to be primitive, when they don't have to be. I think to deliberately expose a child to something like that is abusive. It would be better if they could use some kind of insect repellent.
There is no question they are primitive and savages but some of their customs actually make sense. There is still no vaccine against this disease and insect repellents aren't full proof against biting,  not to mention they might be toxic to humans too on a long term exposure.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:34:33 AM »
Maybe it's like letting kids get chicken pox because it's worse as an adult.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 05:09:43 AM »
Maybe it's like letting kids get chicken pox because it's worse as an adult.
But there is a vaccine for chicken pox so there is no need to suffer.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
There is no question they are primitive and savages but some of their customs actually make sense. There is still no vaccine against this disease and insect repellents aren't full proof against biting,  not to mention they might be toxic to humans too on a long term exposure.

I think a vaccine really does need to be developed for it, especially if it's spreading to first world nations.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »
But there is a vaccine for chicken pox so there is no need to suffer.

The vaccine can expire and people who got the vaccine as kids could be vulnerable as adults. I heard it can cause infertility in men if they get it as an adult.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 09:42:01 PM »
I wish there would've been a vaccine for chicken pox when I was a kid. That was horrible, I felt really sick from it at the time.