Author Topic: Harvard Picks First BGLTQ Director... and also redefines grammar  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Harvard has appointed Vanidy “Van” Bailey as the College’s first permanent director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. Bailey, the assistant director for education at the University of California, San Diego, will assume the new position on July 16.

Last April, Dean of the College Evelynn M. Hammonds announced her intention to hire a full-time staffer dedicated to serving the BGLTQ community on campus.

In a statement to students, Hammonds said that the decision was based on recommendations made by the BGLTQ Working Group, which she created in October 2010 to evaluate BGLTQ experiences and needs at the College.

In an email, Bailey expressed excitement for connecting with BGLTQ students and staff at Harvard and said that the first task for the new director would be setting goals for the upcoming academic year.

At UCSD, Bailey oversees programs at the BGLTQ Resource Center and advises student organizations.

In September 2011, the College announced that Lisa “Lee” Forest of Bridgewater State University in Massachusetts would be its first director of BGLTQ student life. However, one month later, Forest turned down the position at Harvard for “personal and professional reasons.”

During the search for a new director, Emily J. Miller, a student at the Divinity School, served as interim coordinator. She oversaw the opening of the College’s first Office of BGLTQ Student Life, in Boylston Hall, in March.

—Staff writer Nathalie R. Miraval can be reached at [email protected].

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:

CORRECTION: July 3

An earlier version of this article used the pronoun "she" to refer to Vanidy "Van" Bailey, the newly appointed director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. In fact, Bailey prefers not to be referred to by any gendered pronoun.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2012/7/3/vanidy-bailey-bgltq-office/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Harvard Picks First BGLTQ Director... and also redefines grammar
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:12:08 AM »
How about "it, you freak"
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
    • KrumTheBulgar (YouTube)
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »
Redefining grammar? How? "Ebonics" program? They do a lot of that [censored] here in NY because certain people are unwilling to learn proper English. My native language is Romanian and I speak better English than many people in NY.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 12:03:05 PM »
At my University, our 'diversity' director was a homo.  He was actually a colleague of mine in grad school... It was a do-nothing job.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:38:20 PM »
Humans are naturally male or female (with a few born as hermaphrodite as results of a genetic defect or mutation). Whether these manwomen like it or not. This is the way humans are made.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
What in heavens name is a 'queer'? According to my understanding a queer is a fag, or a gay, or a homo... Is there a distinction from homo called 'queer'? To me it is the same thing... No matter what they all are degenerates.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
It reminds me of Chaim saying how they have remedial reading class in Harvard and Yale. "Yeah, if you talk like dis, you be goin to one of dem schools, yeah.".

UMM HMM!

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »
It reminds me of Chaim saying how they have remedial reading class in Harvard and Yale. "Yeah, if you talk like dis, you be goin to one of dem schools, yeah.".

UMM HMM!
I found a quote on topix that made me fall off laughing
I be speakin blackenese yaw!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »
What in heavens name is a 'queer'? According to my understanding a queer is a fag, or a gay, or a homo... Is there a distinction from homo called 'queer'? To me it is the same thing... No matter what they all are degenerates.
I think queer means everything that is not straight. They try to make it as though everyone that is not straight belongs to their "community", which is absurd and insulting even to most non-straights.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 07:36:53 PM »
I'd like to assert that Nerds, Dweebs, Wonks, and Geeks unite and form a NDWG community...

Typical Dweeb

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nerd
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dweeb
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wonk
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geek

Nerd   4391 up, 1374 down
A person who gains pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people to be bothered with.

Often mistaken for Geeks, who aspire to become nerds, yet lack the intelligence, and end up giving nerds a bad name due to their poor social skills.

Non-nerds are often scared of nerds, due to their detailed knowledge, and therefore seemingly high levels of intelligence - and subsequently denegrate them as much as possible as often as possible.

Nerds exist covertly within the fabric of society, often choosing to 'nerd it up' in private or in the company of fellow nerds. It is for this reason they are feared the most - unlike geeks, who are easily identified, nerds can only be found out when casual conversation reaches a subject that they like nerding.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 09:43:16 PM »
director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life.

LOL, I am also wondering, what is queer?

Wasn't there some time in the not too distant past when "queer" was quarantined by the gays as an offensive (to them) "slur" that is unacceptable for use?   

Now I can freely call homos queers again!?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 10:00:54 PM »
A long long time ago, when I went on a teen tour to Israel, we had this boy in our group who was a budding homosexual.  Some of the other guys made fun of him and called him "coke-see-nel" (sorry I don't know how to type it in Hebrew).  They would even call him "Coke" for short. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 03:49:27 AM »
A long long time ago, when I went on a teen tour to Israel, we had this boy in our group who was a budding homosexual.  Some of the other guys made fun of him and called him "coke-see-nel" (sorry I don't know how to type it in Hebrew).  They would even call him "Coke" for short.
קוקסינל Coccinelle used to be the word we used in Israel for trannies and they had even called themselves that way, until the mid 90s when it was no longer politically correct.

Apparently it comes from a French transexual performer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coccinelle

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 01:49:18 AM »
LOL, I am also wondering, what is queer?

Wasn't there some time in the not too distant past when "queer" was quarantined by the gays as an offensive (to them) "slur" that is unacceptable for use?   

Now I can freely call homos queers again!?

I guess it's like schvartzas can call each other <removed> but if whitey does, then it's racist.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:04:52 PM by Shlomo »

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 12:01:25 PM »
I wouldn't say that. We can say schvartza but not schvartza. They can say both schvartza and schvartza.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:05:37 PM by Shlomo »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
The reason they separate out queer is that they're trying to set society up to accept pedophilia. People don't believe me when I say this but I believe that society will be desensitized to pedophiles in the coming decades.

http://www.drjudithreisman.com/archives/2011/08/theyre_mainstre.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:41:52 PM by Rubystars »

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »
The reason they separate out queer is that they're trying to set society up to accept pedophilia. People don't believe me when I say this but I believe that society will be desensitized to pedophiles in the coming decades.

http://www.drjudithreisman.com/archives/2011/08/theyre_mainstre.html
Here in NYC is ACLU base. They even had campain to make child pronography legal.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »
I wouldn't say that. We can say [censored] but not [censored]. They can say both [censored] and [censored].
You can say " [censored] " if they're your friend, but I wouldn't suggest it otherwise, unless you are looking for a fight.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:43:44 PM by Ephraim »
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 10:03:27 PM »
I'm only going to say this one time. If you make me go into the banned word list again and add new items because you are attempting to bypass the word filter by using foreign characters so you can type obscene language that alienates new and old members on the forum, then you will no long have an account to post with.

Attempting to bypass the word filter will result in a ban. If you ask the members who have been here a while, you will find that I mean what I say.

I hope I made that crystal clear.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
Here in NYC is ACLU base. They even had campain to make child pronography legal.

I didn't realize they would go that far yet. Things are worse than I thought.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:52 PM »
I didn't realize they would go that far yet. Things are worse than I thought.

Oh yes it is! I've sources:

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 02:48:31 PM »
Thanks KK. It's important for us to be ahead of the communist agenda so that we can combat it more effectively.

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 03:47:10 PM »
Thanks KK. It's important for us to be ahead of the communist agenda so that we can combat it more effectively.
People are see for the first time true and terrible side of the communism. During WWII Bulgarians thought of fascism as most people think of communism today- with oppressive and radical government and no free speech, that's all. We didn't think of genocide because no one want to. Only after WWII we learned about fascist crimes against humanity and Holocaust. Bulgarian freedom-fighters saved from the fascists every Jew in Bulgaria, but the Bulgarian Army under fascist control did horrible things in Serbia. We saw about this later, and then about Holocaust. But many people today still don't know genocides of communism. This child victims issue is one thing to wake people up. Next we need historic education of Americans about communist crimes similar to fascist ones. Education is the best weapon against communism and fascism. Just like their weapons is propaganda. Because real truth will defeat them.