Author Topic: YOU Must Speak Up, Reach Out, Be Heard! The Future depends on us...  (Read 851 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Readers of JTF are a special brand of activists. We share an ideal which is righteous and we are technology savy; and as a result we can be a power which must be acknowledged. The Internet provides us a tool which, if used properly, can influence many, many people. Every week we see the work which Chaim and other great members have done through videos on YouTube and through threads on the forum. We also have members who actively stand up for Israel on every News site talkback, not allowing any Israel or Jew bashing to go unchallenged.

Every JTF member has an ability which must be put to good use. Do not sit idle as our people are herded to slaughter once again. The Torah commands a Jew to stand up for the good cause, even when the opposition seems mighty. We should never be afraid of what others think of us, the Jewish people have been accused of every sin under the sun. All the righteous people in the world know what it means to suffer. But suffering itself is not something which we should be proud of, more precisely we should be cognizant that the result of our suffering is that our prayers will certainly be answered. Suffering does act as an atonement for the sins of our people, but we also must work to awaken our fellow Jews and righteous Gentiles that the clock is running. We must work to tell others the truth, even if it means we lose friends and offend some liberal-minded people. We know that liberalism is a disease which can be cured. I know this because at one time I would have considered myself liberal, and I know that my mother who was liberal has been awakened.

Utilizing the power of words we can cause subtle changes in the physicality of this world. Remember that the world, according to our Torah, was created by Hashem through the power of speech. I was a very good student in the fields of creative writing and persuasive composition, my mother being a school teacher for a time in the field of writing. We all have the ability to affect people around us, and if used effectively we can accomplish our greater goals.

I am calling for all readers to exercise their right to free speech. We are obligated to use it while we can, we must be vocal about our beliefs. I watch the news in my home {On FoxNews.com} and leave my front door open and the volume on loud enough to hear in my yard. I do not hide my beliefs, and I will openly express my displeasure with the president. Even though you would think that I would be hated, nobody has said a thing about this, and as many know I dress Jewish {with Kippah and Tzit-Tzit} and nobody has dared say anything about it to me.

Everyone needs to get out of their constriction {Mitzrayim} which prevents them from being all they can be. Hashem gives us potential and we must be able to muster the will to utilize it. People ask me how I get the energy to do what I do? Realize that I drive 3 hours a day to<->from work and put in a full eight hours. My only answer to people when I am asked this is "With Hashems blessing I am able to do this". Because it all comes from him, and we are his agents to bring about the change which he wills of us.

I hope that somebody reading this is motivated to speak up for the cause. If I only moved one person a little bit I would be satisfied...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: YOU Must Speak Up, Reach Out, Be Heard! The Future depends on us...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:19:08 AM »
I think the problem is this: none of us can be convinced to change our beliefs; the same goes for most of the world. I really think that people are generally set in their ways by a certain age. For example, my dad got me into JTF before I turned 13, but if he were a leftist I'd probably be one too. I grew up during the intifada, so it was easy to sympathize with Jews getting obliterated to shreds. The younger kids don't hear about bombings in Israel like the Intifada, so where are they targeting their anger and rage? The way to influence the masses is by targeting them when they are like 11 or 12, so they can grow up with the foundation, like I did. I don't think somebody in their 30's and up has an undeveloped opinion on world affairs. Either they believe one thing or another thing, and they won't be convinced otherwise---just like we won't be convinced otherwise. It's the youth who don't know anything that can be more easily communicated with because they are still developing an opinion. Teach kids while they are young because I think that the biggest influence on them comes from their parents.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 02:42:39 AM »
I think the problem is this: none of us can be convinced to change our beliefs; the same goes for most of the world. I really think that people are generally set in their ways by a certain age. For example, my dad got me into JTF before I turned 13, but if he were a leftist I'd probably be one too. I grew up during the intifada, so it was easy to sympathize with Jews getting obliterated to shreds. The younger kids don't hear about bombings in Israel like the Intifada, so where are they targeting their anger and rage? The way to influence the masses is by targeting them when they are like 11 or 12, so they can grow up with the foundation, like I did. I don't think somebody in their 30's and up has an undeveloped opinion on world affairs. Either they believe one thing or another thing, and they won't be convinced otherwise---just like we won't be convinced otherwise. It's the youth who don't know anything that can be more easily communicated with because they are still developing an opinion. Teach kids while they are young because I think that the biggest influence on them comes from their parents.

Mo,

I know that isn't so.... I have changed. I grew up very liberal, my mother voted democrat even for Carter. I got into the Grateful Dead at 18 years old {despite working in the Computer Field even at that time}. I voted democrat from Clinton (twice) Gore and to Kerry... I wasn't so much zionist at that time. I even remember at one time speaking against Israel to my father {who always was a right-winger and pro-zionist}.

I know that it is possible to change people just a little bit. I work with people who grew up in Nazi countries and they are my bosses and some are interested in my Jewish beliefs. I know people can change if shown the truth.

It is this hope and desire which I wish to inspire everyone here. Go to the news forums and try to find posts which you support, give them thumbs up, and post a reply supporting them. If you see a negative post do not try to intimidate, just point out the truth... If they come back disrespectful then it is my opinion that you can be disrespectful back, but I will usually give others respect initially. The point is not to express hatred or domination, it is to point out the truth and allow the other to decide if the truth is what they want.

I do believe it is ESSENTIAL for Jewish children to be taught what it means to be Jewish. I thank Hashem for the fact that although my parents were not religious, they felt the need to at least give me and my brother Bar Mitzvah. And it is because of this that years later I came back.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:48:38 AM »
Mo,

I know that isn't so.... I have changed. I grew up very liberal, my mother voted democrat even for Carter. I got into the Grateful Dead at 18 years old {despite working in the Computer Field even at that time}. I voted democrat from Clinton (twice) Gore and to Kerry... I wasn't so much zionist at that time. I even remember at one time speaking against Israel to my father {who always was a right-winger and pro-zionist}.

I know that it is possible to change people just a little bit. I work with people who grew up in Nazi countries and they are my bosses and some are interested in my Jewish beliefs. I know people can change if shown the truth.

It is this hope and desire which I wish to inspire everyone here. Go to the news forums and try to find posts which you support, give them thumbs up, and post a reply supporting them. If you see a negative post do not try to intimidate, just point out the truth... If they come back disrespectful then it is my opinion that you can be disrespectful back, but I will usually give others respect initially. The point is not to express hatred or domination, it is to point out the truth and allow the other to decide if the truth is what they want.

I do believe it is ESSENTIAL for Jewish children to be taught what it means to be Jewish. I thank Hashem for the fact that although my parents were not religious, they felt the need to at least give me and my brother Bar Mitzvah. And it is because of this that years later I came back.
I could never imagine myself changing, G-d forbid.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 02:51:34 AM »
I could never imagine myself changing, G-d forbid.

Amen... You are great the way you are.... I am Baal Teshuva, having gone quite a bit off the derech... Baruch Hashem I am here today...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 02:53:35 AM »
Amen... You are great the way you are.... I am Baal Teshuva, having gone quite a bit off the derech... Baruch Hashem I am here today...

:dance:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 03:43:00 PM »
Can I get an Amen? At least people can take Chaims advice and give a thumbs up on the youtube pages and leave good comments.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:29:20 AM »
 :dance:

Kol Hakavod  Muman613   Amen!