Author Topic: Venting  (Read 601 times)

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Venting
« on: August 12, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
I applied to two Israeli universities. They never acknowledged my applications - I had to call or write. In the end, they never informed me of the result. This is so rude!  >:( >:( >:( American universities always acknowledge letters of application, to begin with, because it is a lot of work applying to universities. Sometimes, you have to write entire essays. And they always write a polite letter of rejection after they hire somebody. It's common human courtesy. When this happened once with an Israeli university, I thought it was a fluke. Now I see a pattern. I am done with being the only one who is trying!  >:( If God wants me to make an aliya to Israel, he has to take some steps in that direction, as well.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Venting
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »
It seems wrong to blame God because the workers at the universities are rude. Is there a way you can contact them to check on your application status?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »
Have you tried to do any follow up or do you feel what   you sent was just tossed to the side...  If aliya is your ultimate goal you should press the issue a bit more.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »
Are you sure you mailed them to the proper receiver ? If it gets to the wrong office I can very much believe they will just ignore it. I am also not sure if you applied for a job position or for studies. I don't think in any case this is the standard practice in Israel to not reply.

Another advice I can give you, is to email someone in the faculty, like the secretary or administrator, just ask them what you have to do to apply and why you don't even get a response for what you sent them.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 03:07:19 PM »
Yes, I know that my applications for teaching positions came into the right hands (after I made inquiries). And I also know that they have filled the positions. In the U.S., this would have been unthinkable. They always acknowledge your application, which, as I have said, is usually a lot of work, often involving writing a project proposal. And they always inform you when the search is over and someone else has gotten a job. They write you a nice, polite letter, saying something about being impressed by your credentials and wishing you luck in the future. It's common curtesy, isn't it? This is what civilized people do. You ask a busy person to invest 20-60 hours of his time to write an application, so the least you could do is acknowledge all the work that went into it. What kind of work ethics lies behind this lack of respect? Do I want to live in a country where such ethical standards are practiced?

I am not angry with G-d for the rudeness of these universities. But I am beginning to doubt and G-d's plan for my life involving the aliya. I am resoundly not an atheist, but can I believe the Biblical narrative? I have noticed that when something is meant to happen, things and events in my life have a tendency to align themselves in order for this to happen. I have so far received no indication from the higher spheres about a future in Israel. No nudging in that direction. No patterns or signs. I am venting, as I said.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 03:15:34 PM »
Yes, I know that my applications for teaching positions came into the right hands (after I made inquiries). And I also know that they have filled the positions. In the U.S., this would have been unthinkable. They always acknowledge your application, which, as I have said, is usually a lot of work, often involving writing a project proposal. And they always inform you when the search is over and someone else has gotten a job. They write you a nice, polite letter, saying something about being impressed by your credentials and wishing you luck in the future. It's common curtesy, isn't it? This is what civilized people do. You ask a busy person to invest 20-60 hours of his time to write an application, so the least you could do is acknowledge all the work that went into it. What kind of work ethics lies behind this lack of respect? Do I want to live in a country where such ethical standards are practiced?

I am not angry with G-d for the rudeness of these universities. But I am beginning to doubt and G-d's plan for my life involving the aliya. I am resoundly not an atheist, but can I believe the Biblical narrative? I have noticed that when something is meant to happen, things and events in my life have a tendency to align themselves in order for this to happen. I have so far received no indication from the higher spheres about a future in Israel. No nudging in that direction. No patterns or signs. I am venting, as I said.

Unfortunately, this happens in American jobs as well. 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 03:22:33 PM »
I'm sure that many people on the forum believe that it is absolutely your duty and destiny to live in Israel. I've heard that expressed toward our Jewish members before several times.

Personally, I can't tell you if that's true or not. I think that's something that you're going to have to decide for yourself. I think that God does have a place for everyone in this world, but maybe Israel isn't the place you're supposed to be, at least not at this time. Maybe God wants you to stay where you are right now and go to Israel later, or maybe God has something else in mind for you.

Since it's such a serious decision and you're not sure what the right thing to do is yet, I don't think it would hurt you to take some time out to think about it some more.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »
Yes, I know that my applications for teaching positions came into the right hands (after I made inquiries). And I also know that they have filled the positions. In the U.S., this would have been unthinkable. They always acknowledge your application, which, as I have said, is usually a lohat of work, often involving writing a project proposal. And they always inform you when the search is over and someone else has gotten a job. They write you a nice, polite letter, saying something about being impressed by your credentials and wishing you luck in the future. It's common curtesy, isn't it? This is what civilized people do. You ask a busy person to invest 20-60 hours of his time to write an application, so the least you could do is acknowledge all the work that went into it. What kind of work ethics lies behind this lack of respect? Do I want to live in a country where such ethical standards are practiced?

Even many of the American companies today are not what they use to be when it comes to employe relations... The company I work for was one of the best when it came to dealing with its people... A few years back we were bought out by a money company and things have gone rapidly down hill... They hired some people a few weeks ago and then left them in limbo during the background check... They have since put in a spending freeze and have left 6 or 7 people on ice waiting for a starting date.... As for your case maybe G-d is telling you to stay put here in the USA for a while longer... Making aliya is indeed important however this might not be the right time for you to do so... We live in strange times it's possible G-d wants you where you are  for the time being.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Khan Krum

• Pro JTFer
  • Bulgar warrior
    • KrumTheBulgar (YouTube)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
Even many of the American companies today are not what they use to be when it comes to employe relations... The company I work for was one of the best when it came to dealing with its people... A few years back we were bought out by a money company and things have gone rapidly down hill... They hired some people a few weeks ago and then left them in limbo during the background check... They have since put in a spending freeze and have left 6 or 7 people on ice waiting for a starting date.... As for your case maybe G-d is telling you to stay put here in the USA for a while longer... Making aliya is indeed important however this might not be the right time for you to do so... We live in strange times it's possible G-d wants you where you are  for the time being.
All west countries are run by traitors who suppress nationalism, so i think the same is true for Israel as for the US, so maybe  it may actually not be so good to go there now with the current gov.?