Author Topic: Orthodox Jews get glasses to blur out women  (Read 24796 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Orthodox Jews get glasses to blur out women
« on: August 13, 2012, 12:38:51 PM »
 LONDON: A new trend of blurred glasses in streets of Israel is proving to be a strong weapon for ultra-Orthodox Jewish men who want to refrain from staring at women.

The specially-designed out-of-focus glasses are now popular among so-called 'Charedi' men in the country, the Daily Mail reported.

The anti-ogle goggles on sale in religious neighbourhoods of Jerusalem such as Mea Shearim are priced for just a few pounds and feature a sticker on the lens which makes them poorly focused when looking anywhere except for the space in the immediate vicinity.

The glasses provide clear vision for a few metres, but anything anything further away becoms blurry. According to some reports, the glasses are just one item in a range of 'modesty' accessories on offer in these areas.

Orthodox men can also purchase blinkers or vision-impeding hoods - as famously worn by Sephardi Rabbi Elazar Abuhatzeira, an Orthodox Sefardi rabbi and kabbalist, known among his followers as the "Baba Elazar".

The committee for purity in the camp also supplies portable screens that can be erected in an airline seat to block passing women from views and prevent men from inadvertently watching in-flight movie with scantily-clad women.

Wearers may fear they look a bit of a spectacle, but according to a report in the Maariv newspaper, the products come with a message saying they should be proud rather than embarrassed when using the items in public. In an effort to maintain their strictly devout lifestyle, the ultra-Orthodox have separated the sexes on buses, sidewalks and other public spaces in their neighborhoods.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/Orthodox-Jews-get-glasses-to-blur-out-women/articleshow/15468758.cms

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Orthodox Jews get glasses to blur out women
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:37:37 PM »
I wonder why this story is getting so much press.

Becaue it's weird and stupid and makes those Jews look weird and stupid and so the anti-Semitic mainstream press will spread the story to make Jews look bad in general.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
This may be unhealthy. Instead the muslamics shall start wearing the completely blinding glasses.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:57:08 PM »
Don't know if this is true or not but this smacks of a smear job on religious Jews.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
i dont know, but i had read somewhere that ultra orthodox jews are not Zionist?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »
i dont know, but i had read somewhere that ultra orthodox jews are not Zionist?

Some aren't and some are... All Jews are Zionist, but some don't support the current wicked state..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
I have mixed feelings towards these 'glasses'.... On the one hand if they are effective at decreasing the amount of time a man will look at immodest women then there may be some merit. But my real issue is that they are only glasses, and a man can take them off if he wishes, and if the desire is there {in the mans soul} then no glasses will reduce his desire. If a man has his desire in check then maybe these glasses can be of assistance...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
I bought two pairs in case I run into a pole.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »
I saw a story some months ago about fuzzy vision glasses like this being worn by young folks over in Japan... It seems to be some sort of fad... It sounded crazy at the time in Japan and it sounds crazy now in this thread... As a person that needs to use glasses to see well I can't feature anyone putting on glasses to distort their vision... People can not modify their sexual interests by distorting what they see in the world around them... The temptation is still there... Putting on glasses that distort vision does not correct the basic problem... If the religious are going to talk the talk they need to walk the walk... By putting on blinders like a plow horse they are putting themselves on the slippery slope of having no self control.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
I think self control is the best use of Jewish free will.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »
These people are going to extreme lengths to fight a super strong yetzer hara, and you people think it's a negative thing? These people are prepared for mesiras nefesh. This is a beautiful thing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »
These people are going to extreme lengths to fight a super strong yetzer hara, and you people think it's a negative thing? These people are prepared for mesiras nefesh. This is a beautiful thing.

As I said above... The glasses will not remove the yetzer hara.... If it is there in any fashion then the glasses will not do a thing. It is a good thing to avoid looking at things we are not supposed to look at... But using tricks like blinders and fuzzy glasses only goes so far. This is like treating the symptom, not the disease...

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
As I said above... The glasses will not remove the yetzer hara.... If it is there in any fashion then the glasses will not do a thing. It is a good thing to avoid looking at things we are not supposed to look at... But using tricks like blinders and fuzzy glasses only goes so far. This is like treating the symptom, not the disease...

It's like getting a filter for ur internet. It's a fence. Whatever you can do to stop something bad, you do.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 05:08:39 PM »
You said it extreme lengths ... If G-d wanted people to have self control due to poor vision everyone would be as blind as a bat... Religious issues aside putting on glasses to destort vision for any reason is just crazy.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 05:11:06 PM »
You said it extreme lengths ... If G-d wanted people to have self control due to poor vision everyone would be as blind as a bat... Religious issues aside putting on glasses to destort vision for any reason is just crazy.

If you really care about something that much that you would sacrifice that much for it, I think it's beautiful. We are supposed to do everything to protect the Torah, and this protecting the Torah.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 05:16:54 PM »
If you really care about something that much that you would sacrifice that much for it, I think it's beautiful. We are supposed to do everything to protect the Torah, and this protecting the Torah.
What did people do prior to fuzzy vision glasses?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »
It's like going on a diet, or restraining from harmful things. Sometimes the evil inclination is soooo strong that you have to do whatever it takes because you will fail otherwise. I know what that's like. These people are devout, cannot control their yetzer hara, so they have to do something drastic all in the name of Hashem and trying to do mitzvos. What's wrong with trying to observe the Torah WITH EVERY FIBER OF YOUR BEING AND YOUR EXISTENCE? Out sole purpose on earth is to serve Hashem, all the time. This is ultimate service of Hashem to say that you will do whatever it takes to ensure that your service to Him does not get hindered. They are admitting that theu cannot help themselves - - - we are human - - - so they are doing what they can to fight the bad thoughts. What the hell is wrong with trying to serve HASHEM AS BEST AS YOU CAN?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 05:19:41 PM »
What did people do prior to fuzzy vision glasses?

Fantasized.

Edited by Lisa.  Let's not get into using the "m" word here.  Remember spilling seed is also a sin.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:51:18 PM by Lisa »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »
Fantasized.
Well I did not want to get into that aspect of things however now that you opened the door I will put my two cents in...  In my opinion not seeing is not going to put a stop to what you mention... If fact it might even make the issue worse.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:51:44 PM by Lisa »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 05:27:19 PM »
Well I did not want to get into that aspect of things however now that you opened the door I will put my two cents in...  In my opinion not seeing is not going to put a stop to what you mention... If fact it might even make the issue worse.
Could go both ways. But at least the on the spot thought of "I want her" will be less frequent. Every little bit counts.

Edited by Lisa
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:47:07 PM by Lisa »

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
 :::D :::D :::D
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 05:36:23 PM »
Could go both ways. But at least the on the spot thought of "I want her" will be less frequent. Every little bit counts.
I don't want to seem as if I am advocating bad behavior but I still maintain that seeing is only a small part of the problem...  The evil inclination is still present and it knows whats out there... A person needs to know how to deal with it.

Language edited by Lisa
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:47:48 PM by Lisa »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »
I don't want to seem as if I am advocating bad behavior but I still maintain that seeing is only a small part of the problem...  The evil inclination is still present and it knows whats out there... A person needs to know how to deal with it.

OK. It's not allowed to look or think about such things. These people can't deal with it or don't want to because it hinders their avodas Hashem. I sure as hell ain't judging. If all of you can handle it, great. These people can't so they are TRYING anything.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »
Mo, so you know I was not laughing at you, I  Just thought what you said was really funny!  I do think we should be able to control ourselves, and wouldn't these be bad for your eyes?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »

Mo, please! Language!  I'm editing your posts. 

Edited by Lisa
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:57:12 PM by Lisa »