Author Topic: What does Chaim think of HaRav Amnon Yitzhak, Shlita?  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
What does Chaim think of HaRav Amnon Yitzhak, Shlita?
« on: August 22, 2012, 04:10:30 AM »
What does Chaim think of HaRav Amnon Yitzhak, Shlita?

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What does Chaim think of HaRav Amnon Yitzhak, Shlita?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Does a lot of good, but I don't like the pacifistic messages and the passive role to "Geulah" that he takes. Promoting Judaism and teaching it to the masses is very positive and we applaud him, but I feel that his message for Geulah is more of- keep Shabbous and Moshiah will suddenly come (not in these words, but generally this is the attitude I perceive at least) I don't agree with that.

(Oops, I read the question wrong, but I'll keep the above which is my opinion).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 02:27:03 PM »
Ask it on Ask JTF
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:32:21 PM »
HaRav Yizhak, despite being of yemenite decent, is pretty much a Litvak Charedi anti-zionist.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 03:40:06 PM »
Ask it on Ask JTF

Did you ask? Save it for the following week, or someone w/o a question can ask for you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
Did you ask? Save it for the following week, or someone w/o a question can ask for you.

I personally did not ask... I asked already for this week...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »
Haredi ideology

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Just pray and learn and everything will be fine (this is the unfortunate ideology).

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
Against Rav Yitzhak Yosef Shlitta. I hope someone translates and debukes these video's.
 "Gdolei Hador" argument as usual.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »

I love this part.
 18:46
 "If you are Dati-Leumi" (National-Religious), you are Leumit (national) and not Dati (Religious).

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »
Sorry for looking like I'm spamming, but this is funny and sad.

One of the comments, soo true, had to share it
 "All of Israel are exempt from army '? What about David and his army"

Also now the national-Religious behave in a kind, gentle manner most of the time and he needs to scream to make his points.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:20 AM »
HaRav Yizhak, despite being of yemenite decent, is pretty much a Litvak Charedi anti-zionist.

True.  Although how to settle upon litvak vs chassidish?  Either way, he's like a charedi antizionist, but from yemen.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 03:02:00 AM »
True.  Although how to settle upon litvak vs chassidish?  Either way, he's like a charedi antizionist, but from yemen.
He studied in the litvak yeshivas and was active in their chazara betshuva organisation, Arachim. Usually it is very easy to spot chassid when he gives a lecture about Judaism because soon enough he is going to talk about chassidic rebbes and chassidic stories.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 10:24:42 AM »
He studied in the litvak yeshivas and was active in their chazara betshuva organisation, Arachim. Usually it is very easy to spot chassid when he gives a lecture about Judaism because soon enough he is going to talk about chassidic rebbes and chassidic stories.

I heard Arachim was started or now has (not too sure) by a (perhaps former) Kahanist. I remember some1 trashing him for his past saying he was a Kahanist who went to Israel and sold guns on the black market (by their claims) even to Arabs. Today he heads Arachim.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

Today their really isn't much argument and difference between "litvak vs chassidish" its all one = "Charedi" . Although their are some different opinions within this group, never the less its one unified ideology and unfortunate way of thinking and looking upon the world. I see it as childish Judaism. Its like many of them never graduated past 4th or 5th grade.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
On the other hand he destroyed the NK nutjobs. Notice how the public reacts towards the end.