Author Topic: Punk vs Metal  (Read 6357 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Punk vs Metal
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 09:36:11 PM »
I guess some funk is ok.  btw, is red hot chili peppers considered funk?
I think they are considered funk alternative. I always considered it skater music, I was a thrasher.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 09:48:24 PM »
I think they are considered funk alternative. I always considered it skater music, I was a thrasher.

Is it just me or was that not English?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
Ya, it was English, is it passed Shabbot?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 10:04:27 PM »
Oh, yeah! I forget you are French, and don't under stand English very well! Sorry!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 10:26:02 PM »
Oh, yeah! I forget you are French, and don't under stand English very well! Sorry!

Merde. I'm the only one trying in my house, so I forget. Thanks again.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 10:42:37 PM »
Merde. I'm the only one trying in my house, so I forget. Thanks again.
Not hard to remember,  three stars in the night sky!

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 11:47:27 PM »
Metal wins by a landslide.
Punk is too repetitive, but has a good theme politically.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 09:23:02 PM »
It's Post-Punk for me. Punk was not all about the music but the attitude, not conforming to the norms.
And I'm talking about real punk from the 70s and 80s and Post-Punk of the late 70s. (Post-punk and Post-Punk Revival being my favorite out of the Punk genre)

I don't believe in "Punk" of the 2000s like "American Idiot" or Avril Lavinge's fake poison bubble gum punk. Real Punk is passion, it's 70s and 80s Ramones, UK Subs,  The Clash and so on. I don't approve of the Sex Pistols because of their nazi shirt wearing references.

Post Punk- Joy Division! <3

I've never been into Metal.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 09:44:19 PM »
Im not too sure why anyone would think Punk's political message is good.  Anarchy, violence, and sex is more suited for an OWS member than a JTF member

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
Im not too sure why anyone would think Punk's political message is good.  Anarchy, violence, and sex is more suited for an OWS member than a JTF member
Calm down, she is a kid! We all use too listen to crazy music!

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:34 PM »
Ok I'm going to quit the forum and go to OWS then. I'm just kidding of course but I don't see how the Metal message fits in with JTF members either.

Besides, Post-Punk and Post-Punk Revival have never been about "anarchy". They're just about non-conformity. If anyone had heard the Joy Divison song "Love Will Tear us Apart" which is Post-Punk (not Punk) would have gathered there is no anarchy there. (Pure 70s/80s punk is indeed about Anarchy but Post-Punk not. Pure 70s/80s Punk is more Rock N Roll with a fight and Post-Punk is more experimental).

In fact the songs I posted (other than The Ramones) have NOTHING to do with Anarchy. So I don't fit in with the mohawk anarchy stereotype although in my teens/early 20s I did have jet black hair and plaid punk pants, fishnet gloves and temporarily got purple hair one time. But like Ephraim said, we all did wild things in our youth. And I am always going to be a Punk girl at heart- yes a Punk girl who loves Israel and will rebel at the people and governments that hate us. Chaos to Obama!

Btw, thanks for calling me a kid Ephraim, I might be a bit older than you think though ;p Us Punk people are used to feeling the love from those who don't really like our genre. ~_~ I don't like Metal at all but I respect it, the people who like it are cool people overall. Especially Metal JTFrs :)

Also,
This is Post-Punk Revival:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:07:35 PM by IsraeliHeart »

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
Sorry, for calling you a kid!  :)

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 11:12:16 PM »
Sorry, for calling you a kid!  :)

Thanks for considering me young :)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 11:59:13 PM »
Obviously, I like crazy music at times.... however very few songs of any modern genre have a good political message; punk is certainly no exception, and neither is metal.

Most songs today are either openly Leftist/anti-religious/anti-capitalist or are childish and silly songs about youth, craziness, and sex.

That's not to say that a lot of it wasn't musically good... its just overall... there is VERY that had any good political messages.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2012, 12:49:15 AM »
Metal bands I like:

Sabbath (with Ozzy)
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Metallica (early only)
Megadeth (all eras)
Slayer (especially early)
Korn (some of their work, I can't stand Jonathan Davis though)
Mushroomhead
ICP and Slipknot
Lamb of G-d
Killswitch
In Flames
5FDP

Punk I like:

Ramones
The Knack
Social D
Pennywise
Suicidal Tendencies
Offspring
Bad Religion
Distillers

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »
Metal bands I like:

Sabbath (with Ozzy)
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Metallica (early only)
Megadeth (all eras)
Slayer (especially early)
Korn (some of their work, I can't stand Jonathan Davis though)
Mushroomhead
ICP and Slipknot
Lamb of G-d
Killswitch
In Flames
5FDP

Punk I like:

Ramones
The Knack
Social D
Pennywise
Suicidal Tendencies
Offspring
Bad Religion
Distillers

I like bla bla bla I don't know who any of these are except for ozzy and iron maiden, and I've only listened to two songs from ozzy and saw an iron maiden t-shirt. Why the hell would you care about these guys??

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2012, 09:56:18 PM »
 :dance:

There are good songs in both genres.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
Alright, lets get down to the brass-tacks of Heavy Metal, one of the pioneers of what we today know as Heavy Metal...

Black Sabbath, Live 1970, with Ozzy singing Paranoid:

With Ronnie James Dio, Heaven and Hell:

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2012, 10:31:51 PM »
What about the Misfits and Danzig?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 10:32:17 PM »
One of Black Sabbaths all time mellow and moving tune from the early 70s... Planet Caravan...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
Good one Muman! How about this ...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 10:52:13 PM »
What about the Misfits and Danzig?
I am not familiar with Misfits, and Danzig is more like bluesy classic rock, neither of the above.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »
You have got to know this!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »
Nobody else likes Alice Cooper? I saw him in the 90s:

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 11:07:57 PM »
My favorite Alice Cooper song!